To Participate in a Tournament

Loveholic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You gulped nervously. What should you say? You looked sympathetically at Youngmin before opening your mouth.

"Y-Youngmin." 

All of the sudden, a piece of notebook hit your head. HeeJoo purposely threw it out of rage so it could hit you. Your legs were wobbly but you still stood up. Youngmin helped you keep your balance but you gently pushed his hands away because you didn't want to rely on him. Both of you turned to HeeJoo's direction.

She was standing right there, her hands on her hip and she looked as if she was going to throw a tantrum anytime.

"I don't like this scene, unnie." She said and snatched you away from Youngmin. "Go home, oppa! I need to talk to unnie." She told Youngmin and immediately turned back, dragging you with her.

Before stepping in the house, you glanced slightly at Youngmin and mouthed him the words 'I'm Sorry!’

HeeJoo slammed the door behind her and roughly pushed you down the brown couch. Your eyes widened because she looked really angry, as if she's going to eat you anytime.

"Tell me the truth," she started as she breathed heavily before continuing. "Do you love him? Please tell me you don't!"

"I don't."

"Is that the truth or...You're lying? Please tell me you're not lying!"

"I'm not lying."

She looked at you for a moment before smacking your forehead with her palm. "I knew that you'd become my rival. Aish, you're making me feel miserable. Will you stop hanging out with my future husband? I hate it when you're around him."

"It's not my fault."

"ONE MORE WORD!!!" She whined.

"It's not my fault. He's the one who keeps on appearing in front of me."

"Then you stop appearing in front of him!"

She is really annoying, you thought. "I told you, he's the one who keeps on appearing in front of me. You tell him not to then have a peace of mind." Standing up from your seat, she tried to pull you back but then Mr. Lee went down from upstairs.

HeeJoo combed her hair with her hands, smiling like an innocent.

"Daddy!" She exclaimed and ran toward Mr. Lee. She was about to hug him but then Mr. Lee walked directly in front of you and eventually hugged you.

"Da-" HeeJoo was cut short when she watched the two of you hugging. She rolled her eyes and stormed upstairs. 

You felt really warm when he hugged you, almost forgetting about what happened earlier. You shook your head to clear your thoughts away and pushed Mr. Lee gently from his hug.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked and you nodded.

"Appa, explain to me-" You were cut short when he changed the topic.

"Don't tell them about the kidnapping that happened today, okay? Especially Jung and HeeJoo. They shouldn't know."

"I won’t tell them if you tell me why you didn't tell me that Mother's dead."

Hearing your harsh yet low and soft voice, he turned his gaze at you. His hands were trembling as he could not say the words directly, he was frightened.

"Tell me," you repeated.

"I was scared."

“That man killed my mother and now he's threatening you. He should go to jail, why are you so afraid of him? Seriously, I can just call the police and they would take him."

"He's my best friend," Mr. Lee reasoned in a hoarse voice. "I owe him."

"Best friend? You call him a best friend? When all he did was kill your wife, my mother? He even tried to kill me, wasn't that enough for you? Appa, what kind of a person are you? I don't even know you anymore. You're not my father." You said with a sigh and went upstairs, leaving him alone.

* * *

At night, Kwangmin stayed outside and didn't stop dialing Mr. Jo's number. Mr. Jo wasn't answering his calls but no matter what, Kwangmin really wanted to know where he is hiding and other than that, he wants Mr. Jo to explain everything to him. All he knows is that Mr. Jo has got something to do with you or your family, this worries Kwangmin so much.

"Why are you still up?" Youngmin came and asked him. Kwangmin quickly put down his phone and looked up at Youngmin who was rubbing his eyes.

"Nothing," Kwangmin replied hesitan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter