Rejection

Loveholic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngmin's P.O.V.

She's my best friend, and I like her. Her name is Lee Yoon Hee. Not only like a sister or a best friend, but more than that. I love her, I don't want to be friends with her anymore, and I wanted us to be more than friends.

But I knew she's in love with my younger twin, Jo Kwangmin. I hate myself, and I pity myself. She keeps on running after my brother, even followed him 4 years ago when he had to go to the States and live with my father.

When Kwangmin was gone, I was relieved. I didn't have to get hurt in front of him, and I can finally confess my feelings to Lee Yoon Hee.

I remember getting rejected at first. I sang a song on stage, a song I composed for her. She laughed when I said "I like you more than a friend or a sister", she said "stop joking". Now I wonder some always thinks that way. When someone's confessing, they would think they are joking.

But it wasn't the only time I was rejected.

One time, I sent a letter inside her locker. She was very happy she had an admirer, and she always received gifts from her admirer. She didn't know it was me and when she found out it was actually me...

"Youngmin-shi... I'm sorry, I'm not taking suitors." She said and gave me back the teddy bear I gave to her as her admirer. 

"Why not?" I demanded.

"I'm waiting for someone else."

Someone else huh... That's my younger twin, Kwangmin. I couldn't believe she's still in love with him!

That next year, I decided to confess again. It was Halloween, and we went to a carnival. We tried the Ferris wheel. It was her first time since she never wanted to try it, but I forced her.

When we were on top, she thought it was cool. Very cool.

"I never thought I'd love this ride." She said in a dreamy tone while closing her eyes.

"I never thought I will confess to you here. Right here." I told her and we stared at each other. "Right now." I added. "Lee Yoon Hee, can you accept my heart now?”

She rejected me again. But I decided to laugh it out, it's not a big thing, it's just a crush... But deep inside, I was hurting. When I got home, I cried all night in my room.

I wanted to try again, be closer to her, and wait for another year. Then I'll confess to her again. That time, I'll surely not fail.

The next year came, confession time. It was my birthday and I invited her in my house. I didn't invite anyone except her. So there was only me and my Mom. Dad had promised to come but he didn't. It didn't matter much to me as long as Yoon Hee's around.

At night, we watched the stars and chose stars for each of us. We watched the fireworks, fireworks we never expected to see.

"Can you ever accept my heart, Lee Yoon Hee?" I went on with that question again, and then when I looked at her, I met her gaze, the surprised one.

"Youngmin-shi..." she called my name.

Don't reject me, Lee Yoon Hee, I thought. "I like you. How about you?"

"I like you of course, but only as my best friend. Didn't I tell you? My heart is only for Kwangmin."

I sighed and faked a laugh and then looked away. "Right. I was just joking."

"You were?"

"Of course. Why would I steal you from my brother?"

"Yeah, right. So, by the way, when is he returning?"

"I don't know." I answered. "It's getting late, you should go home."

That was the 4th time she rejected me.

But I never gave up.I will try again, because I like her very much, it doesn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter