Being Jealous Part 2

Loveholic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That day, you went back to Jeju Island and into the pool to practice again. Thoughts of Youngmin were flooding into your mind nonstop. What if he heard? Were you wrong to lie? What, isn't it true anyway? That someday, you might find another guy that would make your heart flutter more than it is already when you are around Youngmin? Yet in the first place, why did you lie to Minwoo? It's not because you're afraid he would know...But if that's not the reason then what is? You kept asking yourself, why am I such a coward? So stupid...Such an idiot...Always unlikeable. Why? What should I do to be likeable?

Shortly, the other students from different schools came to join and practice. You were probably the only one practicing without a teacher and every time you take a glance at how Nara tortures her student, Yumi, Nara would give you a death glare as if saying 'You want me to torture you too?'

Gulping, you looked away.

Same thing happened the next day. Practice, eat, talk or whatsoever. You haven't seen Kwangmin or Youngmin or the teacher the whole day except Da Eun who decided to be by your side and watch you practice while the other takes care of Minwoo. Jeongmin and Suzy are probably together however, it was obvious Jeongmin is struggling to get away from her with all that texts he sent you probably more than ten times and you ignored him. Sometimes, you'd see Hyunseong watching you practice from a distance and then Rebecca would appear behind him, scaring the hell out of him. You have no idea what's up with Donghyun. Nara wasn't following him; Nara was just in the pool, having fun and even tiring herself. Donghyun surely didn't want to come in in the private pool because Nara was there.

Now only three days left before the tournament and then you can finally go back home.

When the sun went down, Da Eun went out to get something to eat with you and promised she'll be back. It was also the time that Youngmin, Kwangmin and teacher would go back and then Hyunseong, Jeongmin and Donghyun would head to the hospital and watch Minwoo.

"Hey," you heard someone called you behind. A familiar voice but you mumbled to yourself that it shouldn't be him, he should be there saying 'hey' and slowly you turned your head around and started shouting at him, more like scolding him for coming there.

"Minwoo! What are you doing here?! You shouldn't be here!" You stood up from the bench in your white shirt and dark blue shorts.

"Yeah," he simply said. "I escaped. I was bored."

"Come on, we should get back before they all panic in there." You walked towards him, holding a grip of his arm but he gently removed your hand away.

"I'm fine now."

"Who's fine? You? You got stabbed and you're saying you're fine? You might get infected or something. The doctor said you shouldn't move and just stay on your bed and rest. Don't you understand that?"

"Relax. I'm sure they don't know I escaped. Youngmin hyung and the others are already here and Jeongmin will get in the hospital late for sure. So they wouldn't catch me in here."

"Not yet but they will. Now, let's go."

He was too stubborn and you just couldn't convince him to go back. He sat on the bench and patted an empty space beside him while smiling triumphantly at you. You sat down in defeat.

"I don't want to stay there anymore. I'm tired and it makes me weaker."

"Seriously? It's only been two days and you're not fully recovered yet. If you're not going back, I'm going to call teacher and tell her that you're here." You challenged him and searched for your phone in the pocket of your pants lying on the bench. Minwoo just looked and quickly caught a glance at the folded paper you pulled out of the pocket. He hastily took it and opened it.

"Why is this with you?" He asked. It was the sheet of paper that fell back in the airport, where Minwoo wrote a quote he got somewhere.

"It's yours?" You asked, finally holding the phone with you.

"Yeah. L.Joe-hyung gave this to me."

"L.Joe? Why would he? And what's that for?"

"Oh he's crazy. He said it's a lucky charm and I believed it because I could see myself in this quote. It's hard to take a role in someone's life when you're not even part of the script. It's like you and I, right?" He gazed at you and you were too. Once he opened his mouth again to continue, it was barely a whisper but you heard him. "Us. Min-Hee."

"Min...Hee?" You repeated.

"Minwoo and," he pointed at you. "You. Doesn't it sound nice?" He started giggling after that and looked at the few students still practicing and others are just talking about some stuff. He changed the topic afterwards. "L.Joe said he's going to be performing before school is over. He said, it's going to be hilarious and he doesn't want anyone to watch. He doesn't want any audience because he doesn't trust them. He thinks...we would laugh at his role in the coming school play especially because he is not from our school and because he thinks he is too hot to take a role like that. He didn't want to take the role but since his uncle is the principal, and the principal had asked him a favor to give us all a memorable show with a special guest...He had to agree. He is playing as a fairy god father."

"Fairy God Father?"

"Yeah. He always plays that role. I think it's his second time to play that role in our school. Every time we celebrate before school is over and the Principal's purpose was to make us laugh. Were you there in the first year of high school? He played too."

As you recalled it, you couldn't stop laughing and also remembering the unbelievable dream you had with him. "He was just a dream..." You whispered to yourself. Back when you thought you first met him in your dream, you thought it was real. But then again, you were so attached with that show he was in. That's undoubtedly the reason why he appeared in your dream, giving advises and thanks to that dream because for a while, you learned how to fight back.

You shouldn't have stopped fighting back. Especially fighting for your feelings, your love. Still, you couldn't hide your weaknesses when it comes to love and family. That's what makes you an idiot. 

You shook your head trying not to think about it then you remembered you still had to bring Minwoo back to the hospital and call teacher about it.

"Are you going back there or should I use force?" You asked Minwoo with eyes sharp.

* * *

Meanwhile, Youngmin went to the bar just around Jeju Island. It was a newly made bar, cleaner and quieter unlike the first bar where you guys went and where gangsters started attacking violently.

Youngmin found Kwangmin drinking alone, already drunk. He sat beside him and ordered another cup of wine so he could join his younger twin. Besides, he needs to use alcohol to at least forget about his little problems.

He started sipping the wine, slowly.

"You shouldn't really be here. What if those gangsters come and stab you this time?" Kwangmin asked in a drunken voice, still drinking without looking at Youngmin. But somehow, he knew it was him.

"Then you shouldn't be here too." Youngmin replied in a low voice. 

"I can fight them. If they try to escape from jail. I can throw glasses at them...Then pay dear bartender any cost." 

Youngmin closed his eyes and stopped drinking. He didn't really want to be wholly drunk. If he would, then he wouldn't be able to guard his drunken brother.

"Let's get out of here," Youngmin suggested.

"I want to kill him, hyung." Kwangmin all of the sudden, said those words. Youngmin just looked at him, confused and surprised of how serious and low Kwangmin's voice was.

"Because he won't answer my calls. He won’t come home and be with us so we could all be united as a happy family..." Kwangmin continued and as Youngmin listened to his words, he understood that Kwangmin was talking about their father. But kill him? Kwangmin is unquestionably out of his mind. "Because I don't understand why he kidnapped us...I don't understand why he wants Yoonhee gone..."

Youngmin's eyes could only widen in surprise.

"I don't understand what's happening. I don't understand YoonHee at all. She knows, but she is pretending that she doesn't know. I hate her but I hate father more than I hate her...I...I just...I just want revenge."

Youngmin knew he wasn't lying. He knows Kwangmin well, and he knows that when Kwangmin's drunk, words that come out of his mouth is always...true.

"That's right. I want...revenge." Kwangmin stood up, cheering his empty glass of wine in the air, as if he was cheering with another person in front of him. "I will definitely! Definitely! Get the revenge I want!" He put the glass on the table and unexpectedly shuts down on the floor. Youngmin couldn't believe what he heard, and he was too distracted by Kwangmin's words that he didn't even have the strength to help Kwangmin up. He just stayed on his seat and began drinking again.

Suzy, Rebecca and HeeJoo went in.

"I think he is already drunk." Suzy said, signaling HeeJoo to get Youngmin. "Go get him, girl."

"He needs to be fully drunk first." HeeJoo said.

"He is. Oh come on, just go and we'll tell YoonHee about the two of you and then she'll shut down just like what happened to dear Kwangmin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter