Chapter 88

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
“Come on. Donghae, hurry up and come out.” Chief Kang whispered underneath his breath. 
 
The wind slid pass them blowing Yuri’s hair back. The one and only thing in her eyes was the building which trapped her dear friends. Nothing couldn’t explain the feeling of despair that had suddenly overcome her.
 
/ / / / /
 
“What are you doing in there, Lee Donghae?” Heechul whispered underneath his breath staring at the spinning fan. 
 
It was impossible to see them because the window was so high up. If he could someone shoot in…
 
Heechul reached over to snatch a sniper gun from a trooper. 
 
“What are you doing!?” 
 
“Shh!” Heechul ordered setting himself in position. 
 
Standing up he placed an arm underneath the body of the gun to help steady his aim and peered into the window through the small microscope. Perfect. He could see shadows moving around inside the room.
 
/ / / / /
 
A loud scream full of determination and frustration bolted out of Donghae when he launched himself forward at Eui Tae’s leg. Eui Tae stumbled falling back. Donghae quickly pulled himself up with his good hand and darted toward the crushed Nana coming to a quick halt when someone shot at the floor before him. 
 
“Hey now, who said you could move?” Ren Gei questioned. 
 
Donghae turned to look up at him. 
 
“Take it easy, don’t kill him.” Young Ae sputtered from the side. 
 
“Stay out of this,” Ren Gei hissed. 
 
Donghae clenched his teeth. Nana would die if he couldn’t get to her in time. 
 
“Quit your crying and get up, Leo!” Ren Gei screamed. “Go get him, we’re getting out of here.” 
 
Yong Jo started down the stairs, Eui Tae pulled himself up from the ground, the both of them starting toward Donghae. He was trapped. Was there really no way out? 
 
“Ugh! My nose is broken!” Leo cried, his hand dripping with blood. 
 
“ it with your crying!” Ren Gei screamed from above. “Get him now!” 
 
Leo glared up at Ren Gei and pulled himself to his feet mumbling something underneath his breath. 
 
Donghae stared at the three of them backing up from where he stood. He averted his eyes toward Nana who was now struggling to wake up. 
 
Something clicked from above and Donghae glanced up to see Ren Gei holding out a gun aiming for him. He gulped unsure of what to do now. All he could think of was the promise he’d lent to Victoria that he’d go back for her. Was he really going to die just like this? 
 
A loud shout came from Yong Jo and Donghae turned to see him falling forward onto the ground, hand reaching for his bleeding back. Leo pulled a silver pocket knife out of him and reached for his gun. 
 
“ you all! Always looking down on me!” Leo shouted going berserk. 
 
He turned and shot Young Ae before turning to Ren Gei. 
 
“You scumbag! Ha! What are you going to do now!?” he pulled the trigger and shot clumsily at the ceiling before pointing the gun toward Yong Jo shooting his arm. “ you!!!” 
 
He returned his aim to Ren Gei but flew back with Eui Tae’s strong punch. Donghae’s mouth dropped open watching the gang turn against one another. 
 
“Get rid of him! Shoot him!” Ren Gei ordered Eui Tae. 
 
Eui Tae reached for Leo’s arm, placed a foot on his chest, and twisted the arm in his hand. Donghae had to turn away when Leo’s arm cracked loudly against the loud humming of the heater. Donghae edged away taking it as his chance and dashed toward Nana whose eyes were slightly open in confusion. 
 
“Stop him! Eui Tae! Shoot Lee Donghae down!” Ren Gei screamed rushing down the stairs. 
 
A screaming Leo was left on the ground rolling back and forth as if it’d help bring the pain away from his arm. Donghae turned back toward Eui Tae who was quickly approaching and let out a loud heave when he tried to push the first metal pipe of Nana. 
 
“Nana! Are you awake? Stay with me. Nana!” Donghae repeatedly called desperately. 
 
Eui Tae grabbed onto the back of his shirt pulling him away. Donghae had to struggle against his abnormal strength and gripped his hands around the pipe to stay in position. 
 
All off a sudden, in the moment of heated confusion, something snapped loudly behind them. It sounded like a thick plastic item had broken into shards. The noise rammed itself across the ground spinning loudly and stopped when it landed beside the heater. Once all quieted Donghae cowered at the sound before turning around to see the fan in the window still kicking against the heater. Before he could even recollect his thoughts something screeched loudly into the air. It sounded like the high pitch sound of a rocket suddenly exploding into the air. Amidst the now cloudy atmosphere Eui Tae’s torso suddenly bolted forward, his eyes rolling back. 
 
Donghae’s mouth dropped open and he tried to mutter something repeatedly but nothing was said. That sound reverberated again into the air and Donghae saw it this time. A bullet was flying through that window. 
 
Once more it pierced into Eui Tae’s body forcing him to the ground by Dongahe’s feet.
 
“Who!” Ren Gei screamed. 
 
The humming of the heater suddenly became louder deafening Donghae’s ears. He quickly turned away when shards of metal flew his way, a strong heat burning him from behind. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Heechul lowered the gun from the high wall and stared at the dark clouds floating out of the window where the fan once was. His mouth gaped open and he tossed the gun down before starting toward the stairs. The heart inside him had now placed themselves into his eardrums. With each second that passed by all he could hear was his heart thudding loudly against time. 
 
“Lee Donghae! Lee Donghae!” he screamed bolting out of the exit and toward the building on the other side. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“What in the world is going on!?” Yunho screamed running out of the van after tossing down the phone. 
 
Leeteuk and Siwon followed him outside to see a steam of black smoke fly out from an open window. Something roared into the air before a cloud of heat suddenly wafted toward them. That something shook the ground and the sound of windows shattering echoed in the air. 
 
“Call an ambulance!” Yunho heard Chief Kang scream. “Call an ambulance!” 
 
“Something exploded…” Leeteuk muttered stunned. 
 
/ / / / /
 
The repulsing echoes of their hearts echoed off the yellow pastel walls, their eyes glued to the TV screen. A series of black smoke erupted into the air freezing them. Tears erupted from Victoria’s heartbroken eyes as she dropped from the bed onto her knees. She couldn’t utter a sound, it wouldn’t come. Her breath stilled and she choked on it. 
 
A small cry fell from her lips before it became a loud wail. 
 
“No! No! Donghae…” 
 
Victoria tossed her hands forward to grip onto the TV. Tears boiled itself out of her eyes. From behind her she could hear Eunhyuk hold his breath, his hand clutching onto the bed sheet with all his strength and Changmin whispering Yuri’s name. 
 
The future she had pictured more than a dozen times of Donghae and her child appeared in her mind making her heart ache to no end. Her child would be fatherless. She’d become a widow before she realized it. A year with Donghae hadn’t been enough. 
 
Victoria let out a scream and sobbed loudly. 
 
/ / / / /
 
It was a complete wreck. Everything was out of control with the troopers running back and forth. The world was spinning around her. Yuri couldn’t move from where she stood. The loud sirens crying in the air made her deaf. She couldn’t even hear her own heart beat. 
 
Before her, Chief Kang tossed his arms out this way and that belting out orders. Yuri couldn’t move, she’d been stunned. She’d been shot by an invisible gun, her life shortening by a thousand years. Tears erupted in her eyes when two men carrying a stretcher ran by. 
 
“Nana! Donghae! Nana! Donghae!” Yuri screamed crazily from where she stood. “Nana! Donghae!” 
 
A sob crashed over her and again she hadn’t budged from where she stood. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Donghae coughed hysterically shielding his mouth and nose with an arm while he continued pulling and pushing the pipes off Nana. They needed to get out before the flames worsened. 
 
Behind him, Ren Gei scurried about uncertain of where to run. His scream was wild and deafening as he ran around, hands against his head, but Dongahe could have cared less about him and the other gang members. If he couldn’t free Nana they’d have to die with them. Donghae screamed and finally rolled the last pipe off Nana. The condition her legs were in sent chills down Donghae’s spine. 
 
“Nana, can you hear me? Cooperate with me! Nana! Open your eyes!” Donghae urged lifting her up into his arms. 
 
She blinked lazily, energy-less. 
 
“No…” she whispered reaching a hand out to him. “Just go. I’m going to die anyway. Just leave me. Run away, hurry.” 
 
“Nana!” Donghae screamed when she closed her eyes again. 
 
He gently shook her coughing wildly again. The black flames behind him were growing ever larger by the second. 
 
“I don’t have anyone to go back to. There’s no one waiting for me. Forget me and just go.” she shook her head. 
 
“No, no! You have us! Eunhyuk, Yuri, Changmin! They’re out there waiting!” Donghae pleaded trying to lift her up, but his torn hand ached so much he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to carry her in his condition. 
 
Nana shook her head again, tears swirling out her closed eyes. 
 
“I’m going to die anyway…” 
 
The cloud of steam was choking Donghae up. His eyes were watering. A loud grunt left him breathless when he stood to his feet, Nana in his arms unconscious. 
 
“He’s getting away! He’s getting away!” he heard Ren Gei screaming after him. 
 
Donghae pushed himself harder, his legs starting to give out beneath him just as he reached the freezer. He needed to run as fast as he could for Nana’s sake, for Victoria’s. Another loud cough escaped him when he started into the freezer. The blurry sight in his eyes confused his sense of direction and he had to run back and forth a few times before coming across the black hall. 
 
“Stay with me. Don’t you dare die. Nana, do you hear me!?” Donghae whispered. 
 
The blood soaking into her clothes created a sick puddle in the palm of his torn hand while he rushed down the collapsing stairs. The crackling of the flames from above sent a roar out into the air shaking even the walls when he passed a machine-less room full of wires. It was getting harder to breathe the more he ran. The noise of his footsteps were disguised underneath the next explosion above them.
 
“I’m not gonna let you go!” Ren Gei’s voice appeared from far behind him. 
 
Just how long was Ren Gei going to chase him, even at the brink of death?! He was crazy. Ren Gei was crazy…
 
At long last, Donghae kicked a door open, the sun revealing itself into his eyes. The next roars of shouting he heard came from his far right before he felt his arms become light when the men running toward him took Nana. Donghae panted heavily before he collapsed to the ground. 
 
All he could hear was a familiar voice lift his arm around a shoulder screaming, “Lee Donghae! Lee Donghae!” 

***And I will have the finale for you next chapter ^^ The sequel isn't much longer than YSRMI, but I'd still say it is a bit longer since each chapter is longer than what I had for YSRMI