Chapter 34

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
Changmin paced back and forth outside the front door unsure of what to do. What if he tried to stop an argument but it ended up in a fist fight? He wasn’t good at fighting. Whenever he was beat up, Yuri always got the guys back for him. What was he going to do this time? Even from where he was he could mentally feel Donghae’s anger shake the house. 
 
Gulping he pulled the door open a crack and could hear Donghae’s voice rampaging inside. 
 
What should he do? 
 
“Aish!!! Why’d you have to talk so much! Bastard!” he lightly hit his lips before pulling out his phone. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Since Eunhyuk had gone upstairs, Victoria busied herself with the dishes she’d promised to washed. Sometimes talking her troubles out to Eunhyuk helped ease her heart and that day was one of them. But had talking to Eunhyuk cause him any burden? She hadn’t really thought of it before. 
 
Footsteps started toward the kitchen and she turned around calling, “Eunhyuk…” 
 
The words froze when she noticed Donghae staring back at her with what looked kind of like a glare. 
 
“What?” she asked. “I thought you went out…” 
 
He started toward her and slightly pulled her by the arm. She glanced at his hand before returning to look at his face. 
 
He was angry. 
 
What had she done this time? Hadn’t he told her to stay with Eunhyuk? 
 
“You…I believe you, that you called Eunhyuk so he wouldn’t worry,” Donghae began, “what else did you do? What else did the two of you do?!” 
 
A frown burrowed itself across her face. 
 
“What are you talking about?” Victoria asked. 
 
“Why didn’t you tell me? Do you not trust me enough to tell me? Am I that inferior in your eyes?!” he went on loudly. 
 
Confused, Victoria didn’t know how to react. 
 
“I’m your husband, Victoria!” 
 
Still unable to comprehend anything, Victoria placed a hand on his wrist to pry his hand off her. 
 
“Can you calm down, and tell me what you’re talking about?” Victoria asked. “You’re only telling me about how you feel, how am I supposed to guess what I did wrong? I can’t read minds, Donghae, so tell me what I did wrong.” 
 
He gritted his teeth, looked away, and turned back to her, “Why didn’t you tell me you rented out an apartment with Eunhyuk?” 
 
Victoria’s clasped lips fell apart. So he was angry about that. 
 
“Sorry…” she apologized. 
 
“Sorry?” he repeated his eyes full of fire. “Sorry? Is that all you’ve to say? Is there an explanation behind this? Why don’t you ever tell me anything, but wait for me to ask you all the time!”
 
Victoria pressed her lips together. 
 
“Why is it that you refuse to communicate with me, but you do so all the time with Eunhyuk? Why!” 
 
She turned with a glare, “Because I knew you weren’t alone, I was worried. What if Ren Gei killed you already? What if you were already caught? Do you know how many things I was thinking?! How many times I pictured you dead?! And to think that you had Nana with you!”
 
“And you, Eunhyuk!” 
 
Victoria felt like biting her tongue. 
 
“Why did you keep it from me?” he continued on. “You didn’t answer my question. What about Eunhyuk? Why do you tell him everything all the time? Why!” 
 
She remained silent. 
 
“Why don’t you ever tell me anything!” he shouted. “I’m your husband, you should at least tell me some things! You never tell me where you’re going. When I’m work and I stay behind, I wonder what you’re doing, who you’re with, and who that person is. And you know who I always think of? Eunhyuk, because you’re always with him! Why is that!” 
 
Victoria didn’t say anything, but felt anger boil up in her. 
 
“What did you do with him that day?” Donghae suddenly asked calmly. “I’ve been waiting for you to tell me, but you’ve never brought it up. You disappeared with Eunhyuk, what did you two do?” 
 
The burning anger inside…ready to explode. 
 
“You two had the whole day together, could have done anything,” Donghae went on, “but I don’t want to think ill of you…I know you’re not like that…so what did you two do?” 
 
“I’m…not telling you.” Victoria turned to look at him. 
 
Donghae felt himself mentally explode. He was ready to grab someone’s neck and strangle him. He felt so disappointed in her. 
 
“Then why did you move into the apartment with him?” 
 
“I told you,” Victoria kept her voice steady, “I just wanted to look for you.” 
 
“I don’t know if I can believe you…” 
 
“Then so be it,” Victoria stared at him for a long time before walking pass him. 
 
She paused by the stairs when she noticed Eunhyuk standing upon it and suddenly decided that staying in the house was too suffocating for her. Darting forward she slipped her shoes on and opened the door to find Changmin pacing back and forth. The young man turned to stare at her shocked. 
 
“Do you want to accompany me somewhere?” Victoria questioned. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Helplessly chewing his bottom lip he wondered if he should chase her out, try to apologize, or work things out. Maybe he’d gone overboard…
 
When he heard footsteps behind him he turned around calling, “Vic…” 
 
Donghae quieted when he saw that it was Eunhyuk. They stared at each other for a decent while. 
 
“Victoria wouldn’t go home,” Eunhyuk started quietly, “she was afraid, what if she went back but you never returned. Victoria wanted to look for you and return as a family. Do you know what I mean, Donghae?” 
 
Donghae gritted his teeth again. 
 
“Why the apartment?” Donghae asked. 
 
“Because it would be a hindrance staying here with people we barely know, you understand that, don’t you?” Eunhyuk remained calm. 
 
Donghae could feel himself heating up again. He didn’t understand why the two of them being alone together sounded so much better than staying in the eyes of Yuri and Changmin to Eunhyuk.
 
“I should’ve told you earlier, it’s not Victoria’s fault,” Eunhyuk told, “we returned because Ren Gei found us.” 
 
Donghae’s feelings swerved around. 
 
“He…attacked Victoria.” 
 
Eunhyuk didn’t back up when Donghae’s feet edged forward and made a grab for the collar of his shirt. 
 
“You…what!” Donghae shouted. “How do you think being alone with Victoria in an apartment is better than staying here?! I don’t understand you, Eunhyuk! In what way does that sound better!!” 
 
“Stop it!” 
 
The men turned to see Yuri standing in the next room staring at them. 
 
“Apologize to Victoria,” Eunhyuk said taking Donghae’s hand off him and turned to walk away. 
 
Yuri turned to look at him as he brushed by. 
 
“Do you want a drink in broad daylight?” Yuri asked walking over with a calm smile. “Or should I call Changmin and find out where he and Victoria went?” 
 
Donghae turned to look at her. 
 
/ / / / /
 
To look for Victoria or the troublemaker? Eunhyuk looked around before deciding that Victoria would be alright with Changmin. For now all he needed to do was find Nana and bring her back. 
 
He found himself walking amongst the crowds on the street and stood around the corner for some bit wondering where he was actually going. Would he be able to find Nana as simply as how he’d found Donghae? 
 
Eunhyuk crossed the road and once he reached the other side he spotted someone on the other side staring up at a poster, her back turned to him. Even if he hadn’t looked at her often, he was sure he recognized her. 
 
Quickly turning to watch for any busy cars, he dashed across the road, and paused when he saw someone grab her arm. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Young lady, what you doing round’ here?” the bearded man asked. 
 
Nana turned to look at him. 
 
“You alone? You’re alone, aren’t you?” the man smirked. 
 
“ off!” Nana muttered. “Why don’t you go find someone else to screw?” 
 
“What?” the man snorted surprised. “Looks like you ain’t so innocent.” 
 
He tugged her arm, but Nana refused to budge and pulled back. 
 
“Let go!” 
 
“You coming with me, feisty lady.” 
 
A hand suddenly landed over his arm, “Didn’t she say, ‘Let go’?” 
 
The two of them turned to find Eunhyuk standing there. A frowned overturned her face. 
 
“And you are…” the bearded man wondered. 
 
“If she says to ‘Let go’, then let go,” an unfamiliar voice interrupted. 
 
The three turned to see someone with a Mohawk and another tall man who looked as if he could have cared less where they were. Eunhyuk glanced them over unable to recognize them. 
 
Nana tugged her arm out of the bearded man’s grasp and shouted to Eunhyuk, “Run!” 
 
She took three hurried steps forward, but found Eunhyuk still staring at the two. Rushing back she grabbed his hand pulling him forward. 
 
“I said run!” Nana shouted. 
 
Eunhyuk allowed himself to be dragged afterward and turned his head back to see the two easily toss the bearded man to the ground like a toy. 
 
“Who are they?” he asked. 
 
“The people who are trying to kill us!” 
 
“What?” 
 
As they turned into an alleyway, Eunhyuk shook her hand away. 
 
“Do you know how much trouble you’ve caused?!” Eunhyuk shouted right away. “Everyone’s looking for you! And now this?! You’re trying to get yourself killed! Going out like this is just plain suicide! How old are you? Don’t you think about anyone before you do anything stupid?!” 
 
Nana’s face contorted furiously before she pushed him, “And who are you? Why are you looking for me? The only one who should be looking for me is Lee Donghae!”
 
“Lee Donghae? Lee Donghae?!” Eunhyuk repeated angrily. “Why? Do you rely on him that much? You like him!? He’s married! Think about the kind of trouble you can give him!”
 
Nana clenched her hands tightly into a fist wondering what kind of fault he was trying to find with her. Unable to keep herself calm she shoved Eunhyuk with all her might and heard a soft thud as he hit the wall opposite to her. 
 
“Did I say I like him? Where’d you get that idea from?! Do you dislike me because you think I like him?!” Nana screamed. “Ah…I get it, someone close to you must be furious with you, so you’re using your anger on me because I look easy, isn’t it? Isn’t it! Well, I’ll tell you what, don’t mess with me! Don’t treat me like this just because you hate me!” 
 
They were quiet and for a long minute they could only hear each other’s panting. 
 
“Go away,” Nana muttered dangerously, “if I die out there, I don’t regret it.” 
 
She turned to walk away, but felt Eunhyuk grab her hand and pulled her after him. They struggled back and forth into the busy street. 
 
“Let go! I said let go of me!” Nana screamed. 
 
The enraged Eunhyuk flagged a taxi and pushed her into the taxi after a long fight. Once the taxi started off Nana could only focus on how pissed off she felt. 
 
After a long ride full of tension the taxi finally stopped in front of Yuri’s house. They remained seated quietly waiting for the other to make a move first. Eunhyuk grabbed her hand again, but Nana hit his hand and quickly pushed her door open. She darted down the street as fast as she could and within seconds she could hear Eunhyuk chasing after her. If she didn’t get away now, she never would. 
 
All eyes would be on her at all times if she reentered the house. 
 
Then all of a sudden she felt someone tackle her and she went flying forward. Her knees flocked against the ground, then her elbows slid across the surface, before her face made its trip against it. The pain etched into the core of her mind and body before she was pulled up. 
 
Seconds later she found herself standing on the front doorstep listening as Eunhyuk rang the door bell. The door finally opened after a moment. 
 
Yuri stared at them before saying, “You’re back.” 
 
Yuri’s eyes traveled from Eunhyuk to Nana’s deep glare. 
 
“You’re bleeding…” Yuri stammered. “Hurry in.” 
 

***Whoo! Intense! 

***I just love Yuri! She's never asking questions about what's creating the tension and she doesn't tackle people's affairs directly. She's so comfortable!

***On a side note, I often feel like the side characters I often put into my story. People who are the mediators, have to keep secrets from others, have to be there for others, protect others. *sigh* In this case, I kinda feel so sorry for making Eunhyuk this way! I promise I will make his character brighter! 

***And Merry Christmas everybody! Have a great one!