Chapter 45

You Said Remember Me II

 

Nana watched him take a seat before walking in. From where they were sitting she could completely see the street and the few cars that were passing by. An ahjumma walked over and placed a couple of bowls in front of them. 
 
“I just came out for a late night meal,” Eunhyuk explained. “I thought you were asleep.” 
 
“Well…that is…I couldn’t seem to fall asleep,” Nana said. 
 
“Insomnia?” 
 
“No,” she shook her head. 
 
He would probably think she was creepy if she confessed that she had been thinking about him and his troubles. 
 
“Did you have fun today?” he asked. 
 
Nana nodded her head. “Did you have fun?” 
 
Eunhyuk was quiet before saying, “I did.” 
 
Nana glanced at him. 
 
“Is what Donghae said true?” she asked out of curiosity. “You know, that you’re actually a loud person?” 
 
“Business is business, having fun is having fun.” 
 
“Then…why didn’t you show that you were having fun today?” Nana asked. 
 
“I did.” 
 
“You…did?” 
 
“Didn’t you hear me screaming on the roller coaster?” 
 
“Oh…” Nana tried to fly back to her memories, but wasn’t able to grasp anything. 
 
The bright headlights of a car passed by and she turned to look at it. Once it passed she saw a familiar shadow walking down the sidewalk and turn around the corner disappearing out of sight. 
 
“I’ll be back,” Nana told before getting up. 
 
She half ran out of the tent and paused to look around. No cars. Nana dashed across the street to the other side and followed him. Kikwang? Had she just spotted Kikwang? 
 
Turning around the corner she took a few steps forward to see his back disappear further and further down the walk. 
 
“Kikw….” she shouted and started to run forward but someone grasped her arm and she spun around to see Eunhyuk. 
 
“Where are you going?” he asked. 
 
She arched an eyebrow and debated to herself whether she should tell him about Kikwang or not. 
 
“Never mind,” he said pulling back his hand, “it’s dark. I’m not looking for you if you get lost.” 
 
She watched him head back toward the tent. 
 
Running after him, Nana said, “I’m going back to the house first.” 
 
Once she did get back she rushed up the stairs. She’d forgotten about it. She’d totally forgotten the fact that she had her phone hidden inside her bag. Flinging the closed door open she paused and glanced at sleeping Yuri. Quieting her footsteps she walked in, kneeled on the floor, and pulled her bag toward her. 
 
Rummaging her hand inside she pulled out her phone and turned it on. It was still working. A smile appeared on her face and she scrolled down her contacts and pressed the call button on Kikwang’s name. 
 
She waited and waited expectantly, but reached the voicemail only. Feeling disappointed she flipped her phone closed and sighed. The only choice she had was to look for him now. But would Kikwang still be in Osan waiting? 
 
/ / / / /
 
After placing some money onto the table, Eunhyuk left the tent shortly after. Making his way back to the house he walked up the stairs and discovered that the door to Yuri’s room had been left wide open. Curious he walked toward it and glanced inside to find Nana on her phone. 
 
What was she doing?
 
Deciding not to bother her, he walked back to his room, and plopped down heaving a sigh as his back hit the mattress. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“When are you two heading out?” Yuri asked Changmin and Nana. 
 
“Maybe late afternoon.” 
 
“Why so late?” 
 
“It’s too hot out,” Changmin told. “We’ll catch dinner before coming back.” 
 
Yuri tilted her head to look at him, “Do you like eating out a lot or do you just like avoiding me these days?” 
 
Changmin slyly smiled, “What do you think, Sherriff Kwon?” 
 
She made a face at him. 
 
Turning to the others she said, “Should we leave, so we can come back early?” 
 
“Sure,” Victoria replied. 
 
“Be careful on your way out,” Yuri cautioned Nana and Changmin before leaving. “If anything crops up, call me.” 
 
“Yes, yes,” Changmin waved her away. 
 
Reluctantly closing the door she muttered to herself on the way to the car, “So you like going out, don’t you? And staying out late too. Just wait till I tell your parents how much you like using up your hard earned money.” 
 
“Why are you so worried?” Victoria asked. 
 
“Because Changmin doesn’t know how to look out for himself out there,” Yuri spat, “and plus, he might have some sort of intention in mind.”
 
“Cool down,” Donghae added, “he doesn’t look like the wolf type to me. That’s Eunhyuk, right?” 
 
Yuri turned to see Donghae nudge Eunhyuk who just laughed along. 
 
“I just feel like he’s trying to avoid me these days,” Yuri muttered again. 
 
“Oh? How?” Victoria asked. 
 
“I don’t know, my instincts tell me so,” Yuri told before getting into the car. 
 
Victoria got into the front seat beside her and Yuri drove off. 
 
“I know a relaxing park where people often go to scenery gazing, jogging, or just to walk around,” Yuri explained, “we could go there for a few hours and come back.” 
 
They reached the park a few minutes later. Donghae had called Eunhyuk over to oversee the bridge leaving Yuri with Victoria. As they sat down upon the grass to enjoy the hot sun, Yuri couldn’t help but want to lay down. Glancing up she gazed through the shining green leaves above them and smiled. Turning to look straight ahead she stared at the shimmering river and the nice concrete path laid out ahead. Friends, families, and singles passed by quietly each enjoying their own day in their own ways. 
 
“It’s nice here,” Victoria commented. 
 
“This was the first place I discovered after moving into town,” Yuri told, “I came here a lot on my own since Changmin was busy looking for a job.” 
 
“You’ve never brought Changmin here with you before?” 
 
“I have,” Yuri answered, “he likes fishing around this area.” 
 
“I’m going to ask a question,” Victoria began, “you and Changmin have known each other your whole lives, right?”
 
Yuri nodded. 
 
“Isn’t it nice to be able to lean on each other once in a while when you need a break?”
 
“What kind of question is that?” Yuri wondered. 
 
“Because you two have a strong bond,” Victoria stated. 
 
Yuri frowned. 
 
“I can see it when you two bicker and talk,” Victoria told. 
 
“How?” 
 
“You two seem oblivious to your surroundings,” Victoria went on. 
 
“We…do?” 
 
Victoria nodded. 
 
“Are you interviewing me right now?” Yuri asked. 
 
Victoria laughed amused. 
 
“I’ll finish with one question,” Victoria promised, “have you ever thought of the possibility about what could happen if one of you harbors feelings for the other?” 
 
“What?” Yuri sounded shocked by the question. “Didn’t you ask that before?” 
 
“No.” 
 
“Oh…” Yuri looked away. “Well…I don’t know.”
 
Victoria turned to gaze at the passersby. 
 
“Is there something I don’t know?” Yuri questioned. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“What’s so amazing about the fishes I can’t see?” Eunhyuk asked squinting his eyes to get a better look at the green water underneath him. 
 
He didn’t quite understand what Donghae had in mind for calling him over. Donghae slung an arm around his neck and Eunhyuk almost cowered over. 
 
“What!” Eunhyuk asked. 
 
“Nothing,” Donghae replied, “just wanted to play around. You seem down these days. What’s up, Hyuk?” 
 
Eunhyuk turned to look at his friend, “Nothing, really.” 
 
Donghae eyed him and frowned, “Serious? Are you still not over the fact that I almost hit you the other day?” 
 
“Oh come on, the past is the past already,” Eunhyuk ducked from his hold and slid over. 
 
Leaning his arms over the railing of the bridge he stared out beyond the river to discover more water. Well…fascinating…
 
“What’s been bothering you recently?” Donghae pressed on. 
 
Eunhyuk felt his eyes fall to his hands. 
 
“It’s nothing, really.” 
 
Donghae frowned again, “I don’t really believe you.” 
 
“Why don’t you believe me?” asked Eunhyuk. “What are you going to do? Send Victoria over to talk to me?” 
 
“Oh!” Donghae gasped. “How’d you know?” 
 
Eunhyuk laughed at him. 
 
“Even your body is saying that there’s something you can’t set at peace,” Donghae added, “in our long years of friendship, this is the first time I’ve seen you like this.” 
 
“Sorry,” Eunhyuk apologized. 
 
“Hmm?” Donghae arched an eyebrow. 
 
Eunhyuk quieted. What was really bothering him…he couldn’t really talk about it. 
 
“I can deal with this on my own,” Eunhyuk answered, “I’ll do it on my own. So, until you think I’m normal, don’t bring it up.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
Changmin and Nana set out around late afternoon. He played as her tour guide when they reached the zoo and her to his favorite places. 
 
“You’re not scared of the dark, are you?” he questioned. 
 
Nana stared up at the crocodiles overhead. 
 
“I like thrills,” she replied. 
 
“Then, you’ll probably like it in there,” he smiled. 
 
Nana followed him inside and felt open in awe. She could hear the crocodiles move in the water underneath the bridge. 
 
“Oooh! This is so cool!” she shouted. 
 
Her voice echoed against the walls. 
 
“Wow!” 
 
“Come on, I’ll show you the seals. They’re my best friends here,” Changmin led her out. 
 
She followed him down across a path lined with trees and through a crowd toward a large glass wall. 
 
“Hi!” Changmin waved at a seal moving through the water as if it were invisible glass. “This one is Lucy. She gobbles up the most of the dead fish we have, she’s a fat one.” 
 
Nana laughed amused at his name calling. 
 
“If we were allowed, I’d take you behind the employee doors, but I’m not in charge today,” Changmin told. “It’s really great back there.” 
 
Nana smiled and turned back to the seal. It looked so calm underwater. 
 
After they’d gone through the whole park, they headed off to a restaurant of Changmin’s choice under the clouds that had suddenly become dark. 
 
“I wonder if it’s going to rain,” Changmin wondered when he finally found a place to park his car. 
 
Nana glanced around at the restaurant and sat down at the table they were led to. 
 
“It looks expensive here,” she commented still looking around. 
 
Her eyes landed on the heavy chandelier hanging in the middle of the room and wondered how much damage it’d cause if it were to fall down one day. 
 
“Don’t worry about it,” Changmin assured, “what do you want to eat? They have excellent spaghetti here.”
 
“Do they have pasta?” Nana questioned. 
 
Their food arrived a little later than expected, but they ate it deliciously anyhow. Both their feet were aching from the long walk around the zoo and they just wanted to relax as soon as possible. However, halfway through the meal the rain started splattering against the windows as if it were hail. 
 

***I was bored, so I updated. I'll update again on Monday. 

***More ChangNa moments next! And a big rainfall that only appears in TV dramas xDDD I didn't want to incorporate such fake stuff into my stories, but anything's possible and I couldn't help myself xDDDD 

***And Victoria's starting to dwell on on stuff that isn't really her own business, but she sees it and can't help but talk ;D 

***And as for Hyuk's problem, he'l perhaps talk it out later but he'll do it when he starts getting personal ;D and I'm not telling you who he will confide in ^^
 
***I've been in a good mood since last night :D Lets hope I can stay in this mood when I return from my 2 hr work shift =_= Anyway, here's to the man who keeps making me grin widely laugh