Chapter 43

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
“Do you think there’s been something bothering Eunhyuk recently?” Victoria asked lying on her side and looking at Donghae. 
 
“I think he just needs some air,” Donghae suggested running his hand through her long hair. 
 
He smiled at her. 
 
“Do you think there are some things we don’t know about?” Victoria continued on. “I mean, there’s a lot of us in the house. Maybe something’s happened between the others.” 
 
“That’s not for you to worry about,” he assured. 
 
“I know,” Victoria agreed, “but you can’t ignore when you feel that tension.” 
 
“What tension?” 
 
“You’re so oblivious to it all.” 
 
“Because you distract me too much,” he teased pulling her toward him. 
 
Victoria laughed when he ran his fingers up her side playfully. 
 
“It tickles!” she shrieked. 
 
He laughed along with her. 
 
“These are good days,” he commented. “I like it when we can just be like this.” 
 
“I know,” she kissed the tip of his nose. “It is nice, just like this.” 
 
Entwining his fingers around hers she enjoyed the touch of his lips and the scent of his breath. 
 
He sighed a second later, “If you weren’t pregnant maybe we could.” 
 
Victoria laughed, “No. Not here.” 
 
“At least it’s better without my uncle around.” his joke sent the two of them into loud laughter. “The baby’s enjoying this amount of affection.” 
 
“Yea?” 
 
“Yea.” 
 
Smiling brightly at one another they wrapped their arms around each other. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Yuri glanced joyfully at the duo sitting at the table the next morning. 
 
“Do you guys want me to pack you something for lunch?” she suggested. 
 
“No, we’ll grab lunch before coming back,” Changmin replied. “You sure you’re feeling better?” 
 
Nana nodded enthusiastically. 
 
“You look really happy today,” Yuri commented. 
 
Nana turned to her with a smile. 
 
“Why don’t you two invite Eunhyuk?” Yuri questioned. “He doesn’t have anything to do and I think Donghae and Victoria would like some time alone.” 
 
“Eunhyuk?” Changmin repeated the name. 
 
He hadn’t thought about it, honestly. 
 
“Why? It’s not like you’re going on a date,” Yuri told. 
 
Changmin frowned at her, “What do you mean date?”
 
When Eunhyuk turned around the corner Changmin shouted his name. 
 
“Do you want to head with us to the park?” 
 
Eunhyuk stared at him confused by his sudden question and glanced around. 
 
“Why don’t you go out with them? I’m sure staying in all day pretty much bores you,” Yuri said. 
 
“Oh…” Eunhyuk muttered. 
 
“We’ll be back!” Changmin waved from the door a few seconds later. 
 
Yuri watched as they drove off and walked back into the kitchen to find Victoria and Donghae doing the dishes together. 
 
She knocked on the wall and the two turned around, “I have a favor to ask.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Whoa!” Nana couldn’t help herself when she walked through the entrance. 
 
Changmin walked up to her with a broad smile, “Lets go on the roller coasters together. You’re going to have so much fun today.” 
 
Nana grinned and turned to look at him. Since the park had just opened it wasn’t yet busy or packed yet. 
 
“Lets go over there!” she pointed to their left and started off ahead. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Eunhyuk was actually taken aback by the energy that had consumed Nana. She was practically running all over the place. Yet, despite running out of his breath he was actually glad that Nana didn’t seem so depressed anymore. 
 
They finally stopped for a break after a couple of hours and he found a bench nearby. 
 
“I’ll go buy us some ice cream,” Changmin offered before running off. 
 
Nana sat down on the opposite end of the bench still smiling happily. 
 
“You’re in a good mood,” Eunhyuk commented. 
 
“It’s because I haven’t been to an amusement park since my parents died,” she told breathlessly, “my brother was busy trying to provide me the life my parents had so there was barely any time we went out to have fun. I’m glad I came out. It feels so nice!” 
 
Changmin rushed back as quickly as he’d gone and handed them the ice cream he’d gotten for them. 
 
“Are you tired yet?” he asked. 
 
“I could still run all day,” Nana nodded. “Lets go on that roller coaster over there next.” 
 
“Wow,” Changmin exclaimed, “my stomach kind of hurts a little. Why don’t you and Eunhyuk go?” 
 
“Me…and Eunhyuk?” Nana asked surprised by his suggestion. 
 
She turned to look at him and Eunhyuk almost turned away. 
 
“It’s fine, I could go with you if you want,” Eunhyuk told. 
 
“See, he says it’s fine,” Changmin interrupted. 
 
/ / / / /
 
The doorbell rang shortly after Yuri left for work. Donghae and Victoria turned away from the TV. 
 
“Do you think it’s them?” Donghae asked. 
 
Victoria looked back at him. 
 
“I’m not good at this,” Victoria mumbled. 
 
“Tsh…what are you talking about? I’m worse,” Donghae muttered before wiping his sweaty hands against his pants. 
 
When he unlocked the door a couple smiled back at him. 
 
“Good morning! I’m Leeteuk and this is my wife Taeyeon,” the man greeted with the baby in his arm. 
 
“I called Yuri this morning and she said you two were available,” Taeyeon smiled back at them. “This is Soo Ah, Dong Soo, and Jung Soo.”
 
Donghae nodded at the identical babies unsure if he’d even be able to tell them apart. 
 
“Oh…come in,” Donghae forgot his manners for a second. 
 
The couple walked in and Victoria immediately greeted them. 
 
“Oh! Aren’t you two a young couple!” Taeyeon squealed. “The babies are sleeping right now. We also bought their diapers, extra clothes, and bottles. They’re all in the bag if you need them.” 
 
She set down an extra huge bag onto the coffee table before setting the baby in her arm down. She walked over to Leeteuk and helped him with the other two babies. 
 
“We’ll be back in a few hours,” Leeteuk promised. “Please take good care of them.” 
 
Once the door closed Victoria and Donghae turned to look at each other. Victoria reached for the remote and turned the TV off. 
 
“They’re so cute.” Donghae whispered. 
 
“But what are we going to do?” Victoria asked. 
 
They stood in place for a few minutes before one of the babies stirred. 
 
“What do we do, what do we do, what do we do?” Donghae inched toward Victoria. 
 
“Oh…I don’t know…” 
 
“Don’t you go see Hyang Soon often?” 
 
“But I don’t take care of him.” 
 
“I’ve never baby sat anyone’s child before,” Donghae confessed.
 
“I haven’t done it before either.” Victoria said. 
 
The baby Taeyeon had laid down started crying. They stared at it for a few seconds before Donghae pushed Victoria forward. On impulse, Victoria carefully picked up the baby and rocked him back and forth as she’d often seen Eunhyuk do for Hyang Soon. The baby quieted for a second and they both smiled in relief, however a second later he started crying again. 
 
“What do I do?” Victoria turned around to look at Donghae. “You hold him.” 
 
She handed him the baby and turned to see the other two stirring in their sleep. 
 
“Don’t wake up, don’t wake up,” Victoria silently prayed before turning around to Donghae, “take him to another room. The babies are going to wake up if they hear their brother crying.” 
 
Donghae turned and half ran to another room. Victoria turned to see that the babies were still asleep, but a second later one of them had opened his eyes and was looking around. 
 
“Don’t cry, don’t cry,” she pleaded. 
 
A second later the baby opened its mouth and began bawling. 
 
“Oh no, oh no,” Victoria said then called out, “Donghae!” 
 
/ / / / /
 
As the person in charge of the roller coaster made his round to double check that everyone was locked safely into their seats Eunhyuk glanced around. When he turned to his right he found Nana looking around as well and both their eyes landed on each other. She laughed awkwardly. 
 
“Do you like these kind of rides?” Nana questioned. 
 
He slowly nodded, “I used to ride them every year, but no one in my family likes roller coasters. So, I rode with Donghae instead, but when he got busy with school no one went with me.” 
 
“Is this your first time then?” 
 
“Since a few years ago, yes,” he replied. “You enjoy the thrill of it?” 
 
“Yes.” Nana answered with a smile. 
 
The roller coaster edged forward and someone let out a yelp of joy from the back. He turned to look at Nana again and she turned to look at him. They smiled at each other nervously before they started down the deep fall. 
 
/ / / / /
 
After a few minutes, Victoria found herself sitting with two babies on her lap while Donghae fussed around in the bag for their bottles. 
 
“There’s some chewing toys,” he grabbed out a few. 
 
Victoria rolled her eyes. The babies’ cries were starting to get to her and she was running out of patience with Donghae’s not so funny jokes. 
 
“Here, give it!” Victoria handed him one of the babies and snatched the bag from you. “You useless piece of husband material.” 
 
“What? Why call me that?” he whined. 
 
Victoria opened a side pocket to discover a few bottles and couldn’t help but roll her eyes. After getting the baby milk ready she stopped and looked around. 
 
“So…how are we going to attend to three of them at the same time?” Victoria asked. 
 
Donghae quietly looked around. 
 
“Oh my God…” Victoria complained. “I can’t do this.”
 
“Calm down,” he insisted. “They’re pretty small so it shouldn’t be hard to think up of something.” 
 
A few minutes later they ended up feeding only two of the babies their bottles while the other quietly looked on. 
 
“Did they say how old the babies are?” Donghae asked. 
 
“No,” Victoria answered, “but they look like they’re around 6 months.” 
 
A few minutes of silence passed by before the baby in Victoria’s arm finished his bottle. 
 
“Ok!” she cooed. “All done! Good boy!”
 
“You sound like you’re talking to a dog,” Donghae laughed at her. 
 
Victoria made a face at him before taking the other baby into her arms. The baby girl fussed in her arms and Victoria lifted her up and down gently. 
 
“Not ready for your bottle?” she questioned. 
 
She turned away from the baby when she noticed Donghae looking over. 
 
“What?” she said. 
 
He smiled, “See, you’ve caught on naturally. I think, you’ll be a good mother.” 

***I think this has to be one of the happiest chapters so far ^^