Chapter 70

You Said Remember Me II

 

Changmin made a noise from the side and Yuri immediately turned to watch him stir. Was he waking? Was he really going to open his eyes? Her heart thudded. 
 
She leaned forward with a smile when his eyes first opened and he blinked them again not aware of his environment yet. When he moved he let out a moan full of agony. He wasn’t fully awake, she realized. 
 
“Changmin, Changmin,” she called his name over and over. “Are you ok? Wake up.” 
 
He turned his eyes to her and blinked them a few times before he fully saw her. 
 
“Yuri? What are you doing in my room?” he asked. 
 
A small laugh filled with relief escaped Yuri. 
 
“No, I’m not in your room,” Yuri explained, “Changmin, do you remember what happened? You’re in the hospital.” 
 
“What?” he mumbled leaning back into the pillow. 
 
Yuri waited for him to answer her, but he didn’t. Changmin was still awake though. 
 
“Where are the others? Are they ok?” Changmin asked after a while. 
 
“Everyone’s fine,” Yuri replied. “Hold on, I’m going to go fetch a doctor.” 
 
Yuri got up and hurried out of the room. A few minutes later, Yuri stood back and watched as the doctor and the nurse beside him give Changmin a brief check just to see that he was really alright. She felt nervous. What if something was wrong with Changmin? How would she explain to his parents? The anxiety building up within her made her body tense up. 
 
The doctor finally turned around, “Everything looks fine. After a few days he can go home.” 
 
Yuri thanked him another million times before allowing the doctor to leave the room and walked over to Changmin. 
 
“I’m going to call your mom and dad,” Yuri told. 
 
“No, don’t,” he refused. 
 
“Changmin, they need to know that you’re here. I don’t want to keep this from them. It’ll make us look irresponsible.”  
 
“What about the others? What if my parents insist on staying till I get better? What are we going to tell them if they want to know why I ended up like this? Don’t, Yuri.” 
 
Yuri wanted his parents to know. It didn’t match up with her morals to lie to Changmin’s parents when he was lying here in a hospital bed. 
 
“I’m going to call them before going to work,” Yuri explained. 
 
“Why? Yuri, don’t do it, please.” 
 
His begging was tempting, but Yuri wouldn’t resign to it. 
 
“I promised to call the others when you wake,” Yuri said. “I’m going to go. Be patient and wait a while.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
“You look drained,” Donghae commented as Eunhyuk sat down at the table. “Why didn’t you come down for dinner yesterday?” 
 
“Just…because…” Eunhyuk replied before digging in. 
 
“Come sit down, Victoria,” Donghae called back to Victoria who was still moving about behind the stove. 
 
“I wonder if Changmin’s awake by now,” Victoria wondered when she sat down. 
 
The front door opened and they all turned to see Yuri walk in. Without her usual smile she walked in. 
 
“Breakfast looks good,” she complimented. 
 
“Come have some,” Victoria invited. 
 
“I will,” she promised. “And I have something to talk with you about.” 
 
“What is it?” Donghae asked. 
 
“I’ll come back down when I change,” Yuri told before heading up the stairs. 
 
“I wonder what she has to say,” Donghae said when he returned to his food. 
 
Eunhyuk glanced over at the ever silent Nana and felt curious about what was currently running through her mind. 
 
Yuri returned to the table a few minutes later, “I just wanted to let you know that I’m going to call Changmin’s parents. I feel like they need to know he’s in the hospital, but don’t worry about explaining why he got there. I’ll take care of that.” 
 
“His parents?” Victoria repeated. 
 
Yuri nodded and remained silent for a few seconds before going on, “If they intend to stay at the house for a few days, I’m afraid I won’t have enough room for all of you.” 
 
Everyone else turned to look at the other. What kind of decision could they make that would benefit the other? 
 
“Since I’m stealing the guest room, I can go stay somewhere else in the meantime,” Eunhyuk offered. “It makes more sense if Victoria and Donghae stays here.”
 
Victoria noticed that Nana shifted in her seat troubled. 
 
“I’m afraid we might trouble you,” Victoria said, “we could all go out and stay somewhere until Changmin recovers. We might make your parents feel uncomfortable.” 
 
“No, that’s not what I’m saying,” Yuri shook her head suddenly worried about what the situation had come to. 
 
“I’ll go with Eunhyuk,” Nana finally spoke up. “I agree that it makes more sense if Donghae and Victoria stay as your guests, and I think Changmin’s room should be left empty the way it is.” 
 
They turned to look at Nana with much sympathy, but Donghae quickly jumped in to rid of the feeling. 
 
“Then should we just do that?” Donghae asked. “Eunhyuk and Nana could stay somewhere near the hospital since public vicinities will be safer than those that are isolated. We could visit Changmin and quickly drop by to see them if we want to.” 
 
“I’m sorry guys,” Yuri apologized.
 
“It’s alright, really,” Nana smiled. 
 
“Just let us know how it turns out,” Donghae added. 
 
Yuri nodded, “Changmin’s awake by the way. If you want to visit him, go ahead.” 
 
When Yuri left for work, Victoria washed up the rest of the dishes with Donghae. 
 
“Is it ok to just let Eunhyuk and Nana go like that?” Victoria worried. 
 
“If you show too much sympathy toward Nana it’ll just make her feel even less secure,” Donghae told, “they’ll be ok. I’ll make sure they get a good place to stay.”
 
“They’re both not safe anywhere,” Victoria reminded. 
 
“I have a feeling they’ll watch out for each other,” Donghae smiled. “Plus, I think Eunhyuk’s been looking out for her a lot.” 
 
Victoria frowned at him. 
 
“If you were there, you’d perhaps know what I mean,” Donghae put an arm around her shoulders. 
 
“Where?” Victoria asked. 
 
Donghae just smiled at her. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana could still recall being thrown to the ground when Eunhyuk had wrapped his arms around her to shield her from Leo’s shot. 
 
Kneeling on the ground to stuff her bag with her clothes, Nana paused briefly. Her hand moved up to her arm where Eunhyuk had taken a hold of her before pushing her toward the ground. 
 
Why had he protected her when he should have watched out for Changmin instead? The thought made her feel a little angry. Changmin wouldn’t be in the hospital if he’d been blocked from the bullet…but wouldn’t that have meant that either her or Eunhyuk would have gotten shot? What if Eunhyuk was the one who’d gotten hurt? 
 
Nana was unsure. How would she have really felt if Eunhyuk was shot instead?  
 
/ / / / /
 
Eunhyuk looked pass all the rooms when he reached the top of the stairs. Staring down the hallway he halted in front of Yuri’s room. Actually, Nana didn’t need to offer to go with him. It made him feel as if he were bringing her down with him. 
 
Peering into the room he saw Nana on the ground by her bag staring off into space. Just what exactly was it that was running through that head of hers? 
 
Pressing his lips together he took a step into the room. 
 
“You don’t need to go,” Eunhyuk told. 
 
Nana spun around surprised by his voice. 
 
“If you’re forcing yourself, don’t,” he went on. “I don’t want you to go with me if you’re feeling uncomfortable. It’ll work out too if you stay here with Yuri.”
 
An unforeseen smile appeared on Nana’s face. It really caught his eyes as she spoke. 
 
“I’m ok with it.” 
 
“What are you doing?” Donghae surprised him from behind. 
 
Eunhyuk spun around surprised. 
 
“We’re going to go see Changmin. I know Nana wants to go, do you want to join us?” 
 
/ / / / /
 
The thought of seeing Changmin thrilled Nana. She couldn’t wait to see him, but the thought that he’d be lying on the hospital bed caught her thoughts in . 
 
Donghae pushed the door open and Nana followed the rest in. Changmin was awake as Yuri had promised and he glanced over at them with a wide grin when they filed in. 
 
“I was wondering why no one was coming,” he greeted. 
 
“You’re looking pretty good for a patient,” Donghae commented. 
 
“Do I?” Changmin asked with a smirk. He raised his uninjured arm and waved, “Hi Nana! I’m so glad to see you all. I was getting so bored here.” 
 
“I guess you’re fine since you’re talking so much,” Victoria told. 
 
“I’m feeling so much better,” Changmin nodded, “but I feel so useless. My arm is like paralyzed right now.” 
 
“It must hurt when you move it.” 
 
“That’s why you don’t move it.” 
 
“Oh, why aren’t you speaking?” Changmin turned to look at Nana. 
 
“I’m just glad you’re fine,” Nana smiled. 
 
“That guy has bad aim,” Changmin muttered. 
 
“Yuri said that she was going to call your parents,” Donghae told. 
 
“Ah…that…I told her not to.” 
 
“It’s better to let them know,” Eunhyuk said seeing that everyone in the room except for him had no parents. “Trust me.” 
 
Nana turned to see him at the back. 
 
The corner of Changmin’s lips curbed up, “Yea? I guess so, but my parents aren’t easy people. Mom’s going to want to stay till I at least recover. It’s going to be so troublesome.” 
 
They were quiet. 
 
“What about you guys? If my parents stay at the house…” Changmin finally thought of it. 
 
“I’m going to stay somewhere else with Eunhyuk,” Nana explained. 
 
“What?” Changmin was caught off guard. “Why? That’s not right. I’ll tell my parents to stay elsewhere or I’ll just have them return home right away.” 
 
“We’ve already talked it out,” Victoria cut in. “It’ll be ok.” 
 
“How is that ok?” Changmin retorted. “Nana can just stay here with me a few nights. I mean it’s not bad staying elsewhere, but you’re all already staying at the house. It isn’t fair.” 
 
“It’s ok. It’ll work out somehow,” Donghae tried to make him feel better. “It’s only temporary, right? I’m sure your parents will want to head back in a few days’ time. They must have priorities back at home.” 
 
“Oh yea…now that you say that,” Changmin calmed down. “They do work a lot.” He laughed. “I can’t believe I forgot that.” 
 
“Now that we’ve seen you we’re going to head back to the house,” Victoria said. “It’s good to see that you weren’t hurt too badly.” 
 
“Ok, go ahead,” Changmin smiled. “Do you want to stay and keep me company for a while?”
 
Changmin had turned to look at her and Nana felt somewhat nervous by his direct eye contact. 
 
“S…sure,” Nana replied. 
 
“Is there anything you want from home?” Victoria asked. “We could get it for you.” 
 
“No, I’m fine, thanks.” 
 
“We’ll come back later,” Donghae waved. 
 
Nana watched as they headed toward the door. Eunhyuk was last to leave. Before walking out he briefly glanced back then exited without a word. Once the door closed Nana hadn’t been aware that she was still staring at it. 
 
“What are you looking at?” Changmin asked. 
 
She turned back to him. “Oh…nothing.” 
 
“Are you ok? You weren’t hurt, were you?” 
 
“I’m fine, see?” Nana held up both her arms as if proud of the bruises she didn’t have. 
 
He smiled sweetly, “I’m glad. It’s a good thing that you didn’t get hurt.” 
 
“I’m sorry,” she apologized. “You shouldn’t have gotten hurt.” 
 
“Instead of you, I’m glad he aimed at me.” 
 
“What?” 
 
“I think you surprised the guy with the gunshot, so he missed his aim.”
 
Nana frowned. 
 
“He was aiming at you, Nana. That’s why Eunhyuk took the initiative and blocked you so you wouldn’t get hurt, but I guess that guy must have changed his mind and decided to shoot me instead. Anyway, I’m glad you’re safe.” 
 
She hadn’t been expecting such an explanation. She’d thought that Leo was randomly aiming and had chose Changmin as his target. She hadn’t put it to thought that Eunhyuk wanted to take the bullet for her. 
 
Guilt flooded her. 
 
“Does it hurt? Your shoulder, does it hurt a lot?” Nana asked. 
 
“It’s ok.” 
 
“Did they give you some pain killers? They’re supposed to make you feel drowsy, aren’t they?” 
 
“Well, I feel wide awake.” 
 
Nana laughed. 
 
“Nana, are you really ok staying with Eunhyuk? You could sleep in my room at the house or you could stay here with me if you feel comfortable. They’ll probably allow one person to keep me company overnight.” 
 
She took the suggestions into consideration and while throwing them about in debate, Nana couldn’t really decide which was better. 
 
Staying at the house borrowing Changmin’s room when his parents were there sounded awkward and she was afraid of the things the grown ups would ask her. Taking the option to sleep at the hospital with Changmin sounded unpromising since there would probably be visitors daily. Getting a place with Eunhyuk gave her the strangest feeling. 
 
However, even if Changmin was in the hospital he wouldn’t be alone. There would be Yuri, who Nana was sure would come in to visit a lot. Changmin’s parents as well, would keep him company. On the other hand, Eunhyuk would be alone. 
 
“I’m sure your mother is going to want to keep you company overnight,” Nana smiled. “I’ll be ok.” 
 

***Hmmm...Nana & Eunhyuk alone together? ^^

***I'm seriously lacking on HaeToria moments :/ It's so hard to fit it in as well, and I can't think of any other problems for them. I can't get my head into the marriage thing. Any suggestions guys? Or else you'll be reading ChangYul & EunNa a lot. lol This is why I avoid working with more than two couples cause it just gets so complicated xDDD not that it's bad since they're all the main characters of this story. I guess I'm just moving along with one couple at a time cause it's difficult to fit all their problems into one scene *hmph*

***Anyway, I just read a really awesome fic! Would you guys like reading like an into the future of YSRM from like an outsider's point of view? It could be considered an epilogue and it'll be a long one shot :) I actually wanted to try writing about one of my other stories, but I don't know how working with Defence would work out, or Their Kingdom Panorama. Hmm...

***Anyway, I redecorated last chapter's poster since it looked too plain :/ I like the glittery stars in the background (⌒▽⌒)

***Wow, I'm already at Chapter 60. I keep wondering how long this story can actually run. Sometimes I feel like I'm writing a really long manga, you know those mangas that run up to like 40 volumes? haha! 

***Anyway, I'm in a really great upbeat mood this week and this week is pretty off for me since I'm so happy. Usually I'd be complaining or stressing about hw and stuff. xDDD Maybe it's because I've been slacking on my reading and been going out a lot more xDDD But it's all good, I guess, since I usually just stay home, work, and have no social life xDDD

***Sorry for my long rants. But thank you for loving my story and please comment! I love reading your comments! It makes me lol, squeal (i do it sometimes), and keeps me in a good mood (^v^)