Chapter 24

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
“Urgh!” Leo let out a loud shout as he rammed himself against the door. 
 
It flung open in seconds and they faced the darkness looming inside. The streetlights from behind the two of them offered some light, but wasn’t of much help. However, it was difficult to adjust their eyes to the dimming dark. 
 
Leo took a step in, paused, and looked around. That was all before a shadow lunged out from the corner. His heart jumped in surprised and within seconds something grabbed his arm twisting it behind his back. A few seconds later it generated through his brain that someone was holding him down. With his upper body forced down and the pain in his arm lurking throughout his body, he had difficulty trying to catch a glimpse of his attacker’s face. 
 
“Agh!” the shout released itself from his mouth as his Kikwang used him to support his weight while lifting himself up in the air. 
 
With legs outstretched, Kikwang sent Leo flying from the doorway into the railing outside. Releasing his hold on Leo and shoving him to the ground without care, he jumped through the door and headed down the stairs. 
 
as Leo struggled up to his feet cursing Kiwkang in his mind he in a breath before a shout came from the interior of the room. Frowning, he staggered toward the bathroom door and heard movement inside. Someone was definitely hiding in there. 
 
Stepping back he tried the doorknob to no avail. Biting his lower lip he backed up and rammed himself into the door. The first try, he ended up just banging his shoulder. However, on his second try the door opened and sent him flying in. Unable to stop himself, Leo ran into the wall and felt cold air seeping in. That was when he saw the open window. 
 
Running toward it he glanced outside to see two figures running toward the road. 
 
“Yong Jo!” Leo screamed loudly before turning around to see the doctor still struggling to get up from the ground. “What the are you doing?!” 
 
Yong Jo grasped Leo’s collar lifting his neck up into the air, “The …if you’d been careful before stepping in we wouldn’t have been ousted so simply!” 
 
“Ok! I’m sorry, sorry, man!” Leo apologized insincerely fearing that Yong Jo would rip him to pieces. 
 
Once Yong Jo released him their phone started ringing. Leo watched as Yong Jo reached into his heavy duty jacket and pulled out his phone. 
 
“Where the hell are you!” Ren Gei demanded through the phone. 
 
“Pyeongtaek, we just lost both the girl and detective.” Yong Jo replied calmly. 
 
“What the are you still doing there?!” Ren Gei’s angry scream deafened his ears. 
 
Yong Jo gritted his teeth. 
 
“I’m almost in Osan, get your asses over here.” 
 
“Osan?” Yong Jo repeated surprised. 
 
“We’ll make Osan our rendezvous point and get Victoria first. We’ll use her to lure out the detective and the girl,” Ren Gei impatiently explained, “no one is allowed to mess up. We corner them in the city and make it their end. Understood?” 
 
Ren Gei was first to hang up leaving the beep to accompany Yong Jo. Once he hung up he started toward the stairs with Leo trailing behind like a child curious to know what was going on. 
 
“So what’d he say? What the hell did he tell you this time?” 
 
“Grab the car, we’re going to Osan,” Yong Jo paused by the curb. 
 
“What? Osan?! Why the is he trying to make us go from city to city? Does he think we’re on a touring trip?!” 
 
Yong Jo pivoted around to stare Leo down, “Shut that of a mouth up before I sew together your lips and snip off your tongue.”
 
Leo shut his mouth swallowing the saliva he had. 
 
“The detective is heading up to Incheon. He’ll be passing Osan on his way there and for sure he’ll be making a quick stop before moving again,” Yong Jo summarized it up, “Ren Gei is heading to Osan. Eui Tae and Young Ae would have received his message by now. We’re no longer after the girl or the detective.” 
 
“What? Then why the hell are we going to Osan?” 
 
“Ren Gei wants to get Victoria first.” 
 
“Tsh…” Leo snorted spitting out his saliva, “what the hell’s Eui Tae and Young Ae been doing that they can’t catch a mere woman who’s alone?” 
 
“Didn’t you hear me?” Yong Jo lowered his tone threateningly. “I told you to go get the car.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
Just as quick as the car had started coming toward them, it braked just as fast. The screeching of the tires burned his ears when it stopped in front of them. Still blinded by the headlights Donghae continued to pull Nana behind him as he started for the driver’s side. He peered in through the window to see that a man in his 30’s was sitting behind the wheel. Donghae knocked on the window and waited for him to scroll his window down. 
 
The moment he did so Donghae reached into his pocket and flipped it open to show his ID, “Under certain circumstances, I need you to drive us to Osan.” 
 
“Under what circumstances?” the man questioned bobbing his head. “Get out of the way, I need to get home.” 
 
“Under the circumstance that I will report you for going over the speed limit and possibly not even stopping for pedestrians. This is a big deal, do you know that?” Donghae threatened. “And if the report is filed by a criminal investigator like me, your fine will be more than what it should be.” 
 
The man hesitated to argue before unlocking all doors. 
 
“Osan, you said?” he asked as they got in the backseat. 
 
“You might want to step on it,” Donghae warned twisting his neck around to glance out at the street. “And lock the doors.”
 
As they headed into the night, Donghae leaned his head back against the headrest and calmly exhaled and inhaled. 
 
“Is your ankle ok?” he asked without turning to Nana who was sitting against the door staring out the window. 
 
She didn’t respond. 
 
“Are you worried about Kikwang?” 
 
“No,” Nana mumbled. 
 
Donghae turned to look at her curious, “Is there a reason why you’re upset with him? You didn’t seem very happy when he was around. Isn’t he a close friend of yours?” 
 
“He’s just going to take me back home and put me in a box because he only wants to do things his way,” Nana continued to mumble. 
 
“Don’t you think it’s only because he cares?” 
 
“Cares?” Nana repeated angrily swiveling around to face him. “If he cared, he’d at least believe in me and let me do things instead of sitting me down. I’d rather be with you because at least you can’t tie me down.”
 
Donghae felt one of his eyebrows go up, “Was that supposed to be an insult?” 
 
Nana glared, “Think what you want.” 
 
A smile crossed his lips with a small laugh before he crossed his arms and turned to face the front, “You’re so rebellious. My wife’s rebellious too.” 
 
Nana’s glare disappeared taken aback by his sudden comparison. 
 
“But you know, the way I see it, Kikwang really cares. He only wants to keep you safe out of harm’s way because he believes it’s for your own good,” Donghae said, “it’s better that you follow a friend like him than someone like me. I can say something and mean it, but it’s only a 50% chance that I carry out my words. So I can’t guarantee that you’ll be able to revenge your brother if you stick with me.”
 
Nana remained silent and Donghae turned to see if she’d fallen asleep or not. He found her staring at the road ahead through the windshield. 
 
“I’m only following you because you’re the biggest link to getting to them,” Nana admitted. “If you find your wife along the way, just don’t forget my priorities.” 
 
She turned to look at him and they held eye contact for a long time. 
 
Donghae finally smiled, “Ok.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
“This is it?” Changmin asked with hands on hips in the tiny living room next to the kitchen. “I actually thought it’d be bigger.” 
 
“What, do you think they bought a house or something?” Yuri said from beside him. 
 
“It’s fine, it’s just for a short while,” Victoria commented from beside them. 
 
She turned around to see Eunhyuk carrying in the bags with their clothes. 
 
“Feel free to visit some time,” Victoria told. 
 
“Sure will,” Yuri smiled, “we’ll be leaving now. If you ever do head back to Seoul, give us a heads up.” 
 
Victoria nodded. 
 
“We’ll be going now,” Yuri said before heading out the door. 
 
“If you feel bored here, do come visit me at the zoo,” Changmin smiled at her before reluctantly waving and following Yuri out. 
 
Victoria followed them out and waved before locking the door. 
 
“Well, there isn’t much to do around here,” Eunhyuk clapped his hands together as he walked out from the room. “Do you want to head out for a bit?” 
 
“Sure.” 
 
The two stopped by a sandwich shop to get something to eat before heading out toward the mart. And each time they moved about they made sure to keep themselves blended in with the crowd. Every time they passed a newspaper stand alongside the street, Victoria couldn’t help but feel the need to go look at a newspaper always hoping she’d come across something related to Donghae. 
 
Pausing by the end of the street to wait for traffic to cease in order to cross the street, Victoria turned around to stare at the old man by the edge of the sidewalk handing out free newspaper. Turning back to look at the traffic she assumed they still had some time left. Spinning around to head toward the man, Victoria took a step forward but paused when a familiar face emerged from within the crowd. 
 
Her heart skipped a nonsensical beat and her eyes searched amongst the crowd wildly when the face disappeared. Gazing around she found him again, but something was off. There was a woman standing so close to him. A woman…
 
Victoria felt her lips fall apart. Donghae was passing through the crowd with a girl attached to him. Yet, what mattered to her more was that he was there. She’d found him. 
 
“Donghae!” the name escaped her lips as she took a hurried step forward only to collide into a young man making his way through. 
 
“Are you ok?” Eunhyuk’s voice reminded her that he was there as well when he caught her from behind. “Be careful, you could’ve gotten hurt.” 
 
Victoria spun around again to look through the crowd. Donghae was gone.
 
“No…” she shook her head trying to take another step forward, but Eunhyuk lightly grabbed her arm. 
 
“What? What’s wrong?” he asked worried. 
 
“Donghae…Donghae was here,” Victoria spun around anxiously. 
 
“What?” Eunhyuk asked shocked then glanced around the crowd to see unfamiliar faces. “Are you sure you saw him?” 
 
Victoria swallowed, “I saw him.” 
 
Eunhyuk glided his eyes around the crowd, “Lets keep within the crowd. We’ll see him again, I’m sure of it.” 
 
Feeling unsettled she reluctantly followed Eunhyuk down the crosswalk and glanced back every few seconds just in case. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Do you want to get a change of clothes? We can also stop by the public bath really quickly before getting out of here,” Donghae suggested looking around. 
 
“Ok,” Nana replied. 
 
Donghae quickly turned to look behind them, “Lets move quickly. I’m sure they wouldn’t have given up on us just like that. Stay close.” 
 
Nana nodded and followed him.
 
“Do you travel a lot?” Nana questioned. 
 
“No,” Donghae replied. 
 
They were quiet before Nana perked up again, “Your wife, she must be a really kind person.” 
 
Donghae turned to look at her surprised by the sudden topic. 
 
“I mean, you must be gone from home a lot. She must be kind to still wait for you,” Nana said, “I mean, it’s tiring waiting for someone to come home. She must have a big heart if she waits for you. Never mind, I don’t know what I’m saying.” 
 
As Nana turned away, a small laugh left Donghae. 
 
He reached his hand up and ruffled her hair playfully, “Yes, she has a big heart.” 
 
Feeling sincerely touched by his gesture, Nana reached a hand up to gently fix her hair and stole a quiet glance at him. 
 
“Do I call you oppa or am I supposed to refer to you formally?” she asked still unsure of how to call him. 
 
“Oppa?” he repeated. “Oppa’s ok. My wife never calls me oppa, being called oppa makes me feel young. Is it weird?” 
 
Nana slightly frowned at him and smiled, “You’re weird.” 

***^^ Nana and Donghae's relationship is improving and omo! Vic spotted Donghae in Osan! 

***This will probably be the only update of this week. I'm going to be busy the rest of the week, so wait for me!

***Oh...and I'm thinking of a Eunhyuk story since he hasn't had a story of his own yet. And I'm thinking of making the heroine of the story Nana. My imagination hasn't been obeying and has been going out of its boundaries. -___-