Chapter 59

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
Angry feelings boiled themselves inside Yuri as she sat on the chair quietly waiting for the doctor to walk out. That’s right, the Changmin she knew didn’t like a bit of violence. That was why he was always so helpless. 
 
Nana and Eunhyuk rejoined them a few minutes after Donghae had finished explaining the story to her. She could feel it that they were all eager to hear the doctor’s report, but she was unsure of the thoughts running through Nana’s mind. Was Nana more worried than she was? 
 
The thought that Nana had taken a gun somewhat made her uneasy. Perhaps Nana lived in a world that was somewhat parallel to theirs. But who was Yuri to judge? Again, she barely knew the girl she shared a room with. Even when she’d promised to get closer to Nana, Yuri hadn’t set herself at the task. And the task had only faded more and more when Changmin had announced that he would protect her. 
 
How was the idiot to protect Nana if he was the first to get shot just like that? Yuri couldn’t stand the thought. 
 
She really didn’t want Changmin and Nana together. 
 
Yuri sat up in her chair. The thought suddenly broke her when she saw that Nana had buried her face in her hands. How long the day must have been for them. And here she was thinking about how she didn’t want Changmin and Nana together. 
 
“You’re so shameless,” a voice scolded her inside. 
 
Yuri turned away so that Nana was out of her sight. If Changmin sincerely liked Nana, Yuri would accept it. However, if that weren’t the case Yuri wouldn’t accept it. Nana and Changmin couldn’t be together. 
 
The ER doors slid open and a doctor wearing a green uniform walked out. 
 
“He’s come through,” the doctor smiled at their worried faces, “we were able to take out the bullet. Luckily it wasn’t anywhere near his valves. He’s currently sleeping off the anesthesia and will wake in a few hours. You can go see him then.” 
 
They thanked him a million times before letting him walk away and turned when the nurses wheeled out the sleeping Changmin. A large sigh of relief escaped Yuri and she could only smile when she saw him.  
 
The nurses nodded at them before they started toward an elevator. Yuri wanted to follow them but stopped after her fourth step. Finally allowing the fact that Changmin was safe to soak in she turned around to the others. 
 
“Why don’t you all head back for some rest? I’ll stay with Changmin and I’ll call when he wakes,” Yuri suggested. 
 
Nana looked like she was about to say something, but Donghae interrupted. 
 
“Alright, we’ll come when you call,” Donghae told before placing a hand on Nana’s shoulder. 
 
She watched as they walked off and headed toward the elevator. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“You ok?” Donghae asked. 
 
“Yea,” Nana replied while staring out the window. 
 
On the ride back Nana wondered if she’d be able to make another boxed lunch for Changmin again. She wasn’t content going back to the house without being able to see Changmin wake. Nana really wanted to be there when he woke up and she wanted to see him smile at her. The thought made her heart ache a little before she turned to see Eunhyuk silently sitting on the other side of Donghae. He had been very quiet. It made her wonder if she’d caused him to feel disappointed in her with the words she’d said. Deciding that she shouldn’t ponder over it, Nana returned to gaze out her window. 
 
Stepping out of the taxi Nana waited for Donghae before following him into the house. When the door opened Nana walked in to see someone familiar sitting in the living room with Victoria who had bandages all over her. 
 
Her expression immediately changed with a smile, “Kikwang!” 
 
Kikwang got up from where he was sitting and Nana rushed over to him happily slapping his shoulders. 
 
“I didn’t think I’d ever see you again!” Nana jumped up and down before giving him a hug. 
 
When he returned the hug Nana felt like collapsing in his arms. She’d never had it so hard before, but now that she finally saw someone she knew well it didn’t feel so bad anymore. 
 
“Where have you been? I’ve been looking all over for you,” Nana asked scrunching her face up to avoid the tears that might spill. 
 
“Looking for you,” Kikwang smiled. “Oh…this is different. You were pissed off at me earlier, now you’re happy?” 
 
Nana laughed. 
 
“She’s had it hard,” Donghae cut in. “Are you here to stay?” 
 
“Not exactly,” Kikwang answered. 
 
“How’d you get here?” Donghae wondered.
 
“I’ll leave that story to your wife,” Kikwang answered. 
 
Nana turned when Eunhyuk started walking by. 
 
“Are you going up?” Donghae asked. 
 
“Yep. Have a good night.” 
 
Nana watched as he disappeared up the stairs before turning back to Kikwang with a smile. 
 
/ / / / /
 
The marks on Victoria’s face and the bandages on her arms alarmed Donghae when he first walked in. However, the sight of her made his heart flutter as it always did. Before getting to her he heard the name he’d long forgotten about. He had forgotten about Kikwang when Victoria and Eunhyuk had found him. 
 
Should he feel guilty or not? 
 
However, all seemed fine and when Nana and Kikwang finally left the room Donghae joined Victoria on the couch. 
 
“What happened?” he asked running a hand over the wound on her face. “Are you ok?” 
 
Victoria grabbed his hand and clutched it leaning her head onto his shoulder. 
 
“Other than me, you look like you’ve been a punching bag,” Victoria sarcastically spoke. 
 
He smiled and ran his hand through her hair, “Well, I was. I only did what I learned from Eunhyuk.” 
 
Victoria laughed into his shoulder before pulling up her legs and totally leaned against him. 
 
“I really thought I was going to die,” Victoria said, “I was so scared.”
 
“I’m sorry,” he apologized. 
 
Victoria shook her head, “I’m sorry too.” 
 
He grasped onto her hand and they sat silently for a few minutes. 
 
“Was it Ren Gei?” he asked. 
 
“If it wasn’t for Nana’s friend I wouldn’t be sitting here.” 
 
The silent anger burning inside him only grew some more. He promised himself he’d definitely give Ren Gei a piece of his mind when he saw him again. 
 
Sitting up Victoria glanced at the dark bruises on his face, “What did you do?”
 
“Ah…well…you know…” Donghae tried searching for the perfect story that wouldn’t defame his pride in front of his wife. “You can blame Eunhyuk for not showing me the right way to fight.” 
 
Victoria snorted. 
 
“They’ll go away, though.” 
 
“Yes, they will,” Donghae agreed, “but I’m going to be sore for a few days. How are you going to treat me then?” 
 
“I got it worse,” Victoria fought. 
 
“Then should I help you bathe so you won’t get water on your wounds,” he smirked. 
 
“You’re so erted.” Victoria tapped his forehead. 
 
He grabbed her hand and kissed it, “Then I’ll kiss you until your wounds disappear.” 
 
“Eew! Just shut up.” 
 
He laughed and pulled her toward him. 
 
“Lets forget the argument today,” he suggested. “Start another day together and when we’re both all better, lets fight again that day.” 
 
“Are you jinxing it?” Victoria narrowed her eyes at him. 
 
“Perhaps,” he smiled. 
 
Victoria leaned forward and kissed him. After a few seconds she pulled back. 
 
“Oh yea, how’s Changmin?” she wondered. 
 
“Sleeping off the anesthesia,” Donghae replied, “he’ll be alright.” 
 
He gave her another kiss. 
 
“You should go see a doctor,” Donghae suggested. “I want to know how the baby’s doing.” 
 
“Will do, sire.” 
 
“I still want a boy.” he said giving her a peck on the cheek. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“You’re not being a baby, are you?” Kikwang asked. 
 
Nana glanced out at the stars. 
 
“Of course not,” Nana replied. “You’re not going to stay here with us?” 
 
“Nana,” Kikwang called, “you ok staying alone?” 
 
She looked at him wondering what he meant by that. 
 
“You have nice people around you,” Kikwang told, “talk with them some so you won’t feel lonely.” 
 
“Why? You’re not staying in Osan?” 
 
“I have a job that popped up,” Kikwang explained. “I don’t know how long it will take.” 
 
Knowing that Kikwang would have to leave just when they’d met made her feel a little sad. 
 
“I’ve convinced them to keep Junsu’s body until you return to get him,” Kikwang said, “promise that you will go back?” 
 
“So you mean…I’ll see you in Seoul?” 
 
“I’ll see you in Seoul. You can fare alone, right? You’ve been doing a good job.” 
 
Nana turned away. The praise made her feel even more lonely. 
 
“Yea.” she lied. 
 
“Don’t die out here like Junsu,” Kikwang said. 
 
The conflicting feelings surrounding Nana made everything less easier. She had no one to spill it to. Why would Kikwang leave her just like this? 
 
“Perhaps you should have forced me back home when you found me,” Nana suggested inhaling deeply. 
 
“You wouldn’t even listen,” Kikwang pointed out. 
 
He was right. She wouldn’t have. 
 
“I’m going to leave,” Kikwang told before reaching into his pocket. Pulling out a small rectangular box he pushed it into her hand, “Here’s some more ammo in case you need to run out. You have the gun from home, don’t you?” 
 
Nana slowly nodded. 
 
“Take care, Nana. Lets see each other in Seoul.” 
 
Nana watched as he sprinted around the house and disappeared. She wanted to get up and watch him go, but seeing him go would only make her sadder. So for a while she remained where she was. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Closing the door to his room without turning on the lights Eunhyuk trudged toward his bed and lay face down. After smothering himself for a few seconds he turned his head and stared into the dimness. It was late into the evening, but his body felt worn out and he was ready to call it a day. 
 
“Can you just go be with Yuri already?” Nana questioned. 
 
Eunhyuk didn’t say anything. 
 
“You know,” Nana went on, “since you already know what game I’m playing with Changmin.” 
 
The words felt like an arrow or something like it. Hadn’t Nana realized that he was only looking out for her? And was it only just a game to her or did she really care about Changmin? 
 
Actually, he didn’t want Nana to care about Changmin even if it all was just a game. Was it that hard for her to see that Changmin really cared about Yuri? If Nana ended up with nothing she’d only be hurt. 
 
Taking in a sigh Eunhyuk wondered how close Nana and her friend were. Were they possibly childhood friends? 
 
Turning his head hoping that he’d be able to avoid the thoughts he shut his eyes. He didn’t want to be bothered by any of it. 
 
A while later he jumped awake when there was a knock on the door. Assuming he’d fallen asleep, he sat up with barely opened eyes to see Victoria. 
 
“Were you asleep?” Victoria asked. “I made some dinner, do you want some?” 
 
“No.” he replied before lying back down. 
 
The door closed and Eunhyuk was left to stare at the ceiling.  
 
/ / / / /
 
How long had she been sitting inside the isolated room? The bare walls had been staring at her all night and she’d watched as the sun descended and the moon took its place. Perhaps it was late into the night already and Yuri would be getting up in a couple of hours to prepare breakfast and head for work. Instead of her cozy room, she was sitting on the uncomfortable chair watching over her childhood friend. 
 
How long till he would wake? He’d been sleeping for a long while now. Though feeling tired, Yuri wasn’t able to close her eyes for a relaxing nap. What if she missed the moment when Changmin opened his eyes? What if she weren’t the first person he’d see when he woke up? The thoughts slowly pressured her to stay awake. 
 
The glistening crescent moon was no vanishing from the sky as the Earth spun among its axis. As dark as the night had been it was now becoming a hazy glow of pink and orange. Birds would be waking and people would be getting up for work. Yuri should be at home…
 

***And so, this is the end of Kikwang for now. I have a feeling I'll bring him back late in the story. But Nana's just so lonely, gahh...the poor girl

***And Yuri...she can't say anything to Changmin at all -__-

***And thus, the little boy and the gang has disappeared from Vic's mind