48

You Said Remember Me II

 

Looking out for any cars she dashed to the other side. Could it be possible that Kikwang had already spotted her in the city but was keeping a quiet eye out for her? No. He wouldn’t stay quiet if he’d spotted her. He’d most likely find a way to get to her and try to bring her back home. 
 
Slowly making her way down the sidewalk and listening to the rushing cars that drove by she wondered how her home was. Still empty. How many things were there in the mail waiting for her to open them? But they were all probably bills and nonsense advertisements. 
 
Nana stopped at an intersection and looked around. Where would Kikwang be hiding? A small place hidden away from public eye? Or would he purposely be staying somewhere where he could easily sneak in and out without being held suspicious? If he were on the lookout for her and Donghae, would he be searching downtown? Would he try to keep a low profile? Would the gang be on the lookout for him? If so, would he be hiding quietly? 
 
It was too hard. Kikwang’s position had so many questions and too many possible answers. Nana suddenly felt drowned out in the crowd. 
 
She had to choose a place to start from. Somewhere basic…somewhere that everyone walked pass. The lights ahead turned green and the crowd starting walking forward. Nana blindly followed them. Someone dashed passed shoving her to the side and Nana let out a small shout when he passed by. 
 
“Jerk…” she muttered before she felt someone sling their arm around her shoulder. 
 
The sound of heavy bracelets clashing into one another echoed in her ear before she turned to look at the arm around her neck. The person had long nails painted dark purple. Nana turned her head to her right and found someone familiar smiling at her. 
 
“Howdy,” Young Ae greeted. 
 
Her breath stunk of fresh gum and her face looked even more scary up front. Nana was pulled forward and still trying to get a sense of what was going on Nana followed her. They walked for a bit before Nana was shoved toward the ground. 
 
Hating the fact that she was playing around with her, Nana drew herself up quietly. The skin on her arm had been messily rubbed off from the fall and she could only wonder what kind of reaction she’d get from the others if she returned. Would she tell them she’d fell? 
 
Pulling herself back to the woman in front of her, she realized that they were in a secluded area hidden from view. Before she could speak someone ran out from the corner and pushed her against the wall, clasping his hand over so as to disenable her from screaming for help. 
 
“Are you alone today, Junsu’s little sister?” Leo mocked. 
 
Everything from her mind vanished. She glared at him. 
 
Leo laughed amused, “Why are you out here alone? Did you get ditched by the crew you were with?” 
 
Nana clenched her teeth together. 
 
He patted her shoulder with his free hand, “Should I really tell you why Junsu died?” 
 
Her blood rushed and clotted in her brain. Was he trying to anger her? Because he was managing to piss her off real bad. 
 
“Quit it, lets go back,” Young Ae called from behind. “The others are going to kick your if you stay out longer than you’re supposed to.”
 
“Shut up, !” Leo turned around to yell at her. 
 
Young Ae crossed her arms and turned away. 
 
“We’ll meet again, really soon,” Leo smiled before letting her go. 
 
Nana wanted to run after them, chase after them, grab his hair and demand to know what exactly had happened. However, her legs wouldn’t move. Nana slid to the ground and clenched her hands into fists. So playing around with her feelings was fun, huh? Junsu’s death couldn’t be toyed with and to hear them speak of her brother pissed her off even more. 
 
The ringing of her cell phone startled her, but she refused to pick it up. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Are you sure you remember the right phone number?” Donghae asked from the telephone. 
 
“I’m sure that was it. My memory doesn’t fail me,” Victoria insisted. “Maybe we should have gone with her after all.” 
 
“She’ll be back,” Eunhyuk spoke up. 
 
Donghae hung up the phone and turned to him. 
 
“I know,” Donghae replied, “she can’t leave the same way as she did last time. She’s more likely to think up of a new method. She’s a stubborn one.” 
 
“But we shouldn’t always leave her alone,” Victoria advised, “I think, she’s looking for someone she can easily talk to.”
 
Victoria turned around to look at Eunhyuk. 
 
“Don’t go on suggesting anything,” Eunhyuk turned to look at her. 
 
“You read my mind,” Victoria smiled. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana watched traffic cease, build up, and cease again. The millions of faces that passed by were all unfamiliar. Dozens of questions ran through her mind with the million possibilities. She was starting to feel rebellious again and started wondering how she’d managed to obediently play the good girl the past few days. 
 
The urge to chock Leo and kick him to his death grave was so strong within her that she wanted to look for the gang right there and then. But she knew she wouldn’t be able to do a damn thing. And the reality of that made her even more angry with herself. If she were a boy or perhaps she had her gun hidden on her…
 
All those thoughts were useless and not one of them comforted her the way she wanted them to. Damn reality…
 
Turning away from everything she started her way back to the house. However, before she really returned she stopped by a pharmacy and bought some bandage to patch her arm up. They’d question her and wouldn’t leave her alone if she didn’t give a good explanation. So before they spotted the wound she needed to hide it first. 
 
Once she walked through the door she saw found the others waiting for her as expected. 
 
“Where’d you go? You were out for a long while,” Donghae commented. 
 
“Oh…well…some things came up,” Nana lied fiddling her arms behind her. 
 
“Changmin was looking for you,” Victoria interrupted. 
 
He was back already? Nana nodded and started toward the stairs but found him in the kitchen. She watched him scrub the counters clean and waited till he turned around. 
 
“You almost scared me!” he gave a shout. “Where’d you go?” 
 
“Street gazing.” 
 
He frowned but smiled and laughed, “Hold on for a moment.” 
 
She watched him wipe the counter and toss the towels into the garbage bin before washing his hands clean. There was something about him that was really calm and nice. 
 
“Ok, lets go.” he started toward her. 
 
“To where?” she asked. 
 
He walked toward the living room. 
 
“We’ll be back, we might not make it for dinner so eat without us,” Changmin told the others before opening the door. 
 
Nana followed suit wondering what was going on. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Yuri returned a few minutes after Nana and Changmin had left. Unable to spot Changmin amongst the others she started toward her room. Before entering her room she poked her head into Changmin’s to find that he wasn’t napping as he usually would. Turning away she walked into hers and set her bag down. 
 
Sitting down on her bed feeling a little lost she tied her hair up and headed downstairs. Opening the fridge she pulled out whatever it was that she could first reach. 
 
“Are you preparing dinner?” Victoria asked. “Do you want help?” 
 
“Uh…no…I’m fine,” Yuri replied. 
 
“Yuri,” Victoria started, “are you flustered by what I said?” 
 
Yuri hesitated to answer and just glanced around nervously. 
 
“If it’s bothering you, I’m sorry,” Victoria apologized. “I didn’t ask to spite you.”
 
“I know.” Yuri looked up with a small smile. “I just…never mind.” 
 
“If you don’t want to think about it, then don’t,” Victoria told. “Relax a bit, maybe it’ll help clear your mind.” 
 
Yuri nodded. 
 
“Changmin and Nana went out. He said they might not make it back for dinner, so don’t make too much,” Victoria told. 
 
“Do you know where they went?” Yuri asked. 
 
Victoria shrugged.
 
/ / / / /
 
A few minutes later she followed him into a convenience store. She followed him as he walked around the aisles and picked out some noodle bowls. 
 
“You like Ramyun?” he asked. 
 
Nana slowly nodded quite confused. 
 
“What to drink and you want something to snack on?” he asked. 
 
A few minutes later she discovered herself sitting on one of the stools in the store with her noodle bowl and a bag of chips along with a bottle of water in front of her. Changmin sat next to her and ate his noodles deliciously. 
 
“But…what are we doing here?” Nana wondered. 
 
“Eat first.” Changmin pointed to her noodle bowl. 
 
Nana grabbed her chopsticks and looked at him. 
 
“You’re really mischievous,” she commented tearing off the lid from her bowl. 
 
“I like a normal meal like this,” Changmin told, “Yuri makes things too complex these days. Rice and meat is good, but I’ve been craving for some noodles recently. Don’t you miss eating anything from your home?” 
 
Nana slurped some noodles and stirred the noodles around in her bowl while she fell into thought. 
 
“I miss the fried rice my brother cooked up and the scrambled eggs he had ready for me on school days,” Nana felt happy just thinking about it. “I only miss those.” 
 
Changmin grabbed her head and rubbed it. Nana backed away putting a hand up to her hair. 
 
“You surprised me!” she scolded. 
 
He laughed. She snorted and they finished up the rest of their noodles. Pushing their bowls aside they shared a bag of chips and sat almost quietly for a few minutes. 
 
“Yuri, I’ve known her my whole life,” Changmin began, “other than always beating up people she often got hurt. Not physically, but mentally. They made fun of her weight, called her names for it, so she lost a tremendous amount of weight over the summer before high school started. Then in high school, Yuri started crushing on a few guys but she was always the passive player and helped her friends. You know what I mean by that, right?” 
 
Nana glanced at him letting the piece of chip melt in . 
 
“It was sad seeing her like that,” Changmin suddenly sounded like he was telling a sad story, “recently, over a cup of soju, Yuri told me she fancies Eunhyuk. You can’t tell anyone.”
 
As if Nana didn’t know. She nodded her head anyway. 
 
“She looks a little down about it,” Changmin went on, “so I want to push her forward a little. But…if I’m here she won’t do anything. And so as not to let him become another one of her regrets, I want to show her that she doesn’t need to worry about me and treat me like a kid.”
 
“So…what do you want to do?” Nana asked a little lost. 
 
“Can you follow along with me?” 
 

***Uh-oh...Changmin is up to something and Nana will start to get into a bind :/

***I haven't been writing these days, so I went back to edit some of my stories. I finished editing Defence and found so many grammatical errors T___T