Chapter 66

You Said Remember Me II

 

She’d touched his face and she’d kissed him. So clear, the memory was so clear now. Had it been a dream at all? 
 
No. 
 
The few times Eunhyuk had blushed that morning rushed back to her and her blood tingled. Had it been the evidence that they definitely kissed last night? 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Should we also go drop in on Changmin?” Donghae wondered.
 
“And also stop by to get Eunhyuk and Nana?” Victoria asked. 
 
A few minutes later Donghae was pounding on the door. It opened a second later and Eunhyuk stared back at them. It was as if he really hadn’t expected them at all. 
 
“What are you two doing here?” Eunhyuk greeted. 
 
“Is that how you say hi?” Donghae sarcastically asked. 
 
“Come on, lets go,” Victoria nodded her head to the left. 
 
Eunhyuk frowned at them. 
 
“We’re going to go see Changmin,” Donghae explained. “Why don’t you and Nana come with?” 
 
“Nana’s already there,” Eunhyuk responded. 
 
Victoria raised both her eyebrows. 
 
“Don’t be so surprised,” Eunhyuk revolted. 
 
“Then lets go.” Donghae gestured for him to come out of the room. 
 
After a second he tugged Eunhyuk out forcefully and they started toward the hospital. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Yuri’s short heels clicked loudly against the floor of the hospital. She couldn’t take it anymore at work feeling so isolated from everyone else. So during her lunch break she stole away to the hospital. Maybe seeing Changmin a bit and talking to him some would help cheer her up. Strangely, the only person she’d thought to talk to was Changmin. 
 
He’d probably be whining about why his parents had come to stay with him and that they didn’t need to pack enough food for a whole family picnic. The thought of his complaining brought a small smile to her face. 
 
When she opened the door with a loud “Hi” Changmin jerked his head toward her. 
 
“Shh!” he breathed putting a finger up to his lips. 
 
Confused, Yuri stared at him with a frown before she noticed why. Right beside him was Nana confined in deep sleep. It didn’t take long for her to notice the sweater she was wearing. One glance at the sweater and she knew who it belonged to. Eunhyuk had left for the inn with that exact same sweater on. 
 
Yuri didn’t know what kind of flurry feelings were sweeping through her. Again, it was Nana and the two guys. 
 
She heard footsteps behind her but dismissed them as anything important. 
 
“Oh? Yuri, you’re here too?” Donghae’s voice traveled to her ears. 
 
Spinning around she spotted the couple and Eunhyuk. Her eyes swerved to his shirt. Of course he wasn’t wearing that sweater. 
 
“I just thought I’d drop by,” Yuri replied. 
 
“Are you on lunch break or did you get off already?” Donghae wondered. 
 
“Lunch break.” Yuri answered with her utmost patience. 
 
“Wow, you’re all here?” Changmin quietly asked from the bed. 
 
Everyone grew quiet behind her. 
 
“Where are your parents?” Yuri questioned. 
 
“They went out to buy some fruits,” Changmin replied. 
 
Yuri could still not take her eyes off the girl sleeping by Changmin’s side, well not right beside him, but technically she was beside him. The picture burned in her mind worse than ever before. All of a sudden she wanted to know what had gone on between them when they spent a night at the motel. As much as she wanted to yell, it wasn’t appropriate to do so in front of the others. And she’d only embarrass herself in the hospital. 
 
Eunhyuk brushed past her and tapped Nana on the arm. Yuri felt like stopping him from waking her up, but she didn’t budge. Nana rose with sleepy eyes. Her eyes shifted to Eunhyuk’s face when he ran his hand to her forehead as if it were a very casual gesture. To Yuri, it wasn’t a casual gesture at all. 
 
There hadn’t been a time where she’d seen the two trade a real conversation nor had she ever witnessed the two touch each other. This was just too surprising. 
 
She glanced toward Changmin to discover that he was watching with as much curiosity and confusion as she. 
 
“Nana caught a cold yesterday,” Eunhyuk turned to them. “I’m going to take her back so she can rest.” 
 
“Why don’t you go get some medicine for her?” Yuri suggested. 
 
“That’s right, there’s a pharmacy downstairs,” Victoria recalled. 
 
Eunhyuk nodded. 
 
“I didn’t notice you were all here,” Nana greeted as she stood up. 
 
“Feeling alright?” Donghae smiled. 
 
“Yep!” Nana cheerily nodded. “Just a minor headache.” 
 
“You should stay in. It’s really raining outside,” Victoria helped. 
 
Nana nodded. 
 
“Keep Changmin company. He’s a little bored,” Nana turned to Yuri before turning to the others. “Then…I’m going now.”
 
When Eunhyuk and Nana silently walked pass, Yuri didn’t turn to see them go. Instead, she turned to rest her eyes on Changmin. 
 
“Has the doctor come by?” Victoria questioned. 
 
Changmin shook his head. 
 
“Then that probably means you’re recovering fast,” Victoria said. “Don’t get too bored laying there.”
 
“Want to trade places with me?” Changmin smirked. 
 
“I had enough of hospital stays,” Victoria answered. “Well, it’s good to see that you’re doing alright. We just wanted to drop in on you and see how you’re doing.” 
 
“You’re lucky you have lots of visitors,” Donghae added. “Victoria and I barely had any. Well, we’ll take our leave. Enjoy yourselves.” 
 
With that the two left. It was as if they’d left on purpose. 
 
Once the door closed, Yuri plopped down on the chair. 
 
“You’re not heading back to work?” questioned Changmin. 
 
“They’ll call me up if something happens to come up while I’m not there,” Yuri explained. “I don’t mean to press you about it, but I’m getting more curious and I can’t help myself.”
 
He stared at her with those not too big nor not too small eyes of his. 
 
“You and Nana, did anything happen between you two that night?” 
 
“That night? What night?” 
 
Yuri felt a lump in . 
 
“The motel…” 
 
“Oh…” 
 
Changmin averted his gaze. Yuri felt nervous. 
 
“We didn’t do anything.” 
 
“Nothing?” 
 
“Of course,” Changmin still hadn’t turned back to her. 
 
This conversation was harder to handle than she’d imagined. 
 
“Nothing…at all.”
 
Changmin slowly nodded his head. 
 
“I slept on the ground,” he went on almost quietly. “But…why…” 
 
They turned to look at each other coincidentally at the same time and Yuri felt herself heat up like a volcano ready to erupt. 
 
“What?” Changmin frowned before accusing, “You just wanted me to say that we slept together, didn’t you?” 
 
Yuri’s jaw dropped and felt anger rise up in her. Ready to lash out she shot up from her chair but before she could spout anything something dropped to the ground behind her. Turning around she saw some oranges spill onto the ground before her eyes rose up to Changmin’s parent’s shocked faces .
 
/ / / / /
 
Victoria and Eunhyuk paused by the large window of the pharmacy which allowed them to view the shelves of medicine and the cashiers working inside. They easily spotted Nana leaning against the counter while Eunhyuk asked for some cold medicine. 
 
“My, don’t we have something new on our hands?” Donghae muttered from beside her. 
 
A smile climbed up to her face. 
 
“I was correct, wasn’t I?” 
 
“Eunhyuk’s cold exterior is washing away.” Donghae commented. 
 
Victoria tugged on his arm and he reluctantly looked away from his friend. 
 
“We should go. It’s not use spying like this,” Victoria suggested. 
 
“I’ve just never seen Eunhyuk with a girl, really,” Donghae said. “Aren’t they going to be alone in a room tonight?” 
 
“He won’t touch her like you would any other girl, that is if you weren’t already married,” Victoria wickedly told off. 
 
Donghae almost spurted an argument but decided against it. 
 
Linking an arm around hers as they walked away he said, “Do you think he would do it?” 
 
“Ew! Gross! Why would you even wonder that?!”
 
/ / / / /
 
“Wh…what?” Changmin’s mother stumbled. “Slept together?” 
 
Yuri’s eyes widened. This was getting much worse than she’d thought. 
 
Nervously laughing she held up both hands, “No…it’s not what you think…” 
 
“Changmin,” his father called. 
 
Changmin glanced at his father surprised himself. 
 
“No, dad…” 
 
“Changmin…how could you?” his mother asked. 
 
“Mom!” Changmin cried. “Yuri! Tell them it isn’t what they think it is!” 
 
Yuri glanced at them as the many thoughts occurred to her. If she tried to explain it might lead to the night Changmin took Nana to the motel. Then she’d have to explain about the motel part very carefully, but there was no guaranteeing that they would listen to her and believe it. They would then start asking about Nana…and boy did Yuri want to talk about that girl. 
 
“No one slept together,” Yuri tried. “No one…we were just talking about another issue.” 
 
“Issue? What issue?” his father narrowed his eyes. 
 
Yuri felt invisible sweat drip down the back of her neck. 
 
“That um…Changmin’s friend here in Osan slept with someone else. We were just talking and I asked if he was the one who slept with his friend,” Yuri lied and watched as their frowns followed along with her story.
 
“Yes, I didn’t, I didn’t.” Changmin encouraged from behind. 
 
“Are you sure?” his mother frowned. 
 
Both Yuri and Changmin eagerly nodded. 
 
“I almost had a heart attack,” his mother patted her chest before picking up the oranges from the ground. 
 
“Well, this is a hospital. You’d get treatment right away,” Changmin interjected. 
 
“Changmin!” Yuri scolded turning back to him. 
 
He shrugged. 
 
Yuri heaved a quiet sigh. She’d managed to save herself from trouble and now she knew that nothing had occurred between Nana and Changmin. That’s right. Nothing happened. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana had drowsily fallen asleep after eating the pills that Eunhyuk had bought. Switching the lights off he sighed and sat there for a while. When his legs feel asleep he got up and went outside to walk around. 
 
Before heading out to eat dinner he poked his head back into the room. Nana was still asleep. Perhaps if she woke up in the middle of the night hungry, he’d accompany her out to eat something. For now, though, he just wanted to let her sleep. 
 
/ / / / /
 
His parents had left. The lights were out. It was probably 9 at night. Yes, it was 9 at night. That’s what the clock on the wall read. 
 
Changmin sighed. He felt lonely, desolate, and not to mention bored. 
 
He’d expected Yuri to visit him first during the day, but his parents had come instead. Then Nana dropped by. Though the interaction between Eunhyuk and Nana still aroused much curiosity within him. He didn’t know at all that Eunhyuk and Nana were somewhat comfortable around each other. Though they didn’t show it, he guessed they were somewhat more comfortable around each other these days. 
 
Or was it jus this own thinking? 
 
Probably it was just his own thinking. Eunhyuk and Nana barely shared anything between them as he’d seen. But the way Eunhyuk had touched her made him think otherwise. 
 
It couldn’t be it, though, could it? 
 
She’d been wearing his sweater when she came in and he’d easily tapped her shoulder without hesitating, as Changmin imagined Eunhyuk would. Eunhyuk touching Nana’s forehead…
 
The sight didn’t leave his mind for a long time. 
 
Was it possible that…
 
Changmin averted his eyes from the clock to the window he couldn’t really see. From his angle he was only able to see the sparkling of business signs. Nothing else. Not even the night sky. 
 
“That Eunhyuk likes Nana…” his mind finished it off for him. 

***Heh~ So I updated :D Like finally, right? xDD I'll get writing a few pages down tonight since we're supposed to have a winter storm :/ but yay! Lets pray that tomorrow all classes are cancelled!!!