Chapter 33

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
The fog was so thickly white that it was hard to make out her surroundings. It felt somewhat familiar, yet she couldn’t figure out where she was. Yuri knew for sure, though, that she’d been there before. 
 
Her feet trudged forward cautiously while she glanced around. Slightly bumping into something she turned around and let her hands touch it. It wasn’t hard or of anything dangerous. A children’s slide? She frowned. Where was she again? 
 
“Yuri?” a voice called. 
 
Yuri spun around to see the silhouette of someone standing not too far away from her. Tall, slim, and very familiar. Who was he? 
 
She started toward him slowly, but it all faded as quickly as it came to her and it was all because of her darn alarm clock. 
 
Jumping awake Yuri reached a hand out to press the snooze button and laid her arm over her eyes as she lay there. Suddenly recalling that she shouldn’t be alone in her room she turned her head to find that Nana was gone. 
 
Darting down the stairs she searched the living room, dining room, and finally stopped by the kitchen. Nana was still no where in sight. Where did the girl go? 
 
Just when Yuri was about to run out of the kitchen, she quickly halted, and turned around to see a white piece of paper lying atop the table. Starting back toward it she grabbed it. 
 
“I’m going out. If I don’t come back, thank you for everything. - Nana” 
 
Yuri found herself snorting before she sat down and ran a hand up her forehead into her hair. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Changmin loudly yawned and felt that something was amiss when he didn’t smell any freshly cooked food wafting through the air. When he reached the kitchen he only realized why. 
 
Yuri was sitting at the table looking slightly flustered. 
 
“What are you doing?” questioned Changmin. 
 
Yuri didn’t answer. 
 
Walking in he glanced at her worn figure before spotting the white piece of paper in between her fingers. Making a grab for it he read it over. 
 
Changmin laughed a little, “What’s this? She snuck out while you were asleep?” 
 
Yuri lifted her head up from her arms and snatched the paper back, “She’s not coming back, that’s what.” 
 
“Eh?” 
 
“I’m going to go look for her,” Yuri started, “you, hurry off to work, and when you return go out to look for her as well.” She stopped mid-sentence and shook her head. “Forget it, you’re defenseless. Just stay here and wait after work.” 
 
“Why!” he shouted after her. 
 
Changmin scrunched his face up confused before he heard a couple of footsteps make their way toward the kitchen. He turned around to see Victoria and Donghae. 
 
“Morning,” Victoria brightly greeted. 
 
He couldn’t help but smile before his eyes awkwardly landed on her husband. 
 
“Where’s Yuri?” Victoria questioned. 
 
“Ah…well…something sort of came up.” Changmin began. 
 
They silently waited for him to go on and Changmin suddenly felt that even his height made him look inferior to them.
 
“I think Nana went missing.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
As Yuri bounded up the steps, Eunhyuk’s bedroom door opened, and she stopped immediately. They auspiciously stared at each other seeming confused and lost for a moment. 
 
The silhouette of the person in her dream…
 
Yuri quickly glanced Eunhyuk over. Was his silhouette similar to that person’s in her dream? But that person had been tall, slim, and familiar…
 
“Is something…wrong?” questioned Eunhyuk. 
 
“Uh…I…” Yuri felt herself flush red in embarrassment wondering if he’d caught her in the act. 
 
“Are you leaving for work already?” 
 
“I…yes!” Yuri ran pass him and slammed her bedroom door shut. 
 
Letting out a loud sigh she asked herself, “What the hell is wrong with you?” 
 
/ / / / /
 
Momentarily confused by Yuri, Eunhyuk frowned, and went down the stairs. He quickly noticed that something was out of order when he spotted Donghae, Victoria, and Changmin standing around.
 
Victoria was first to turn upon his arrival. 
 
“Eunhyuk,” she called. 
 
He walked over to them, “What’s going on?” 
 
“Nana left.” Changmin explained in two words. 
 
Eunhyuk’s expression didn’t change, yet he was aware he’d seen her last night. He turned to look at Donghae. It wasn’t official, but Nana was like a private client of his. Donghae was bound to worry. 
 
“Would you mind staying with Victoria?” asked Donghae. 
 
“What?” the words sounded shocking themselves to Eunhyuk. 
 
“I’m going to look around. She couldn’t have gone far, I’m sure of it.” 
 
“Donghae,” both Eunhyuk and Victoria called at the same time. 
 
“I’ll be quick,” Donghae promised with a smile. 
 
Eunhyuk watched as Donghae ruffled Victoria’s hair with a grin before running up the stairs to change. Changmin followed suit quietly. 
 
“Do you think there’s a reason why she left?” Victoria asked breaking the silence. 
 
With no way to reply Eunhyuk just turned away. Should he go out to look for her as well? Just so Donghae and Victoria wouldn’t have to go worrying their hearts out. The both of them had already been through a lot already. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Hey!” Changmin called out. 
 
Donghae paused at the end of the driveway and turned around. 
 
“Let me give you a ride,” Changmin nodded his head toward his car. “I can help you look around.” 
 
“Aren’t you…going to work?” Donghae questioned. 
 
“It’s ok, I’m just a zookeeper. There are plenty others who can take my stead, come on!” Changmin told opening the car door. 
 
Donghae started toward him and Changmin drove down the street slowly being cautious to remain at a steady speed limit. 
 
“So…Nana, do you know her well?” Changmin asked. 
 
“Not really, she wouldn’t answer any of my questions,” Donghae explained, “I lost all the information before I could even get to it.” 
 
“Ah…” Changmin nodded recalling about the explosion in Incheon, “those guys must have been scary. I don’t know how you can stand doing investigation and stuff related to criminals. I don’t even know why Yuri wanted to become a cop in the first place, and she’s a girl! She’s absurd, don’t you think?” 
 
Changmin laughed. 
 
“You don’t have a heart of steel, do you?” Donghae joked. 
 
“Huh?” Changmin asked suddenly lost. 
 
“Just joking,” Donghae added. 
 
“Is Victoria ok with you and your job?” Changmin wondered. “You’re like…on the front lines everyday, aren’t you?” 
 
Donghae turned to look at him, “Not really…Chief Kang doesn’t really allow me to do stuff like that. I do manual labor.” 
 
“Manual labor?” Changmin repeated. 
 
Donghae nodded. “Interviews…it’s not like I’ve shot a person before. I’ve only fought with one once, and he’s the one we’re after, vice versa.” 
 
“Oh…that reminds me,” Changmin braked at the red light.
 
/ / / / /
 
“Here,” Eunhyuk placed a fresh cooked egg in front of Victoria. “Eat.” 
 
Victoria stared down at the plate. 
 
“You don’t have an appetite?” he asked sitting down at the end of the table adjacent to her. 
 
Victoria didn’t reply. 
 
“Eunhyuk…” Victoria started. “Am I being in the wrong for not letting him know?” 
 
“About what?” Eunhyuk wondered. “About the baby?” 
 
Victoria could only focus on the plate without the motivation to eat. 
 
“I feel that if I tell him, he’ll want to go away to chase Ren Gei down, get this over with,” Victoria began, “what if I lose him in the process? Ren Gei…could have killed him a year ago. You know that, right?” 
 
Eunhyuk could feel him try to bury his concerns with a smile. Victoria made him worry so much and Donghae did as well. What was he to do with Victoria? What was he to do with Donghae? Why had he become plummeted like this? 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Just before they found you,” Changmin started off, “Victoria and Eunhyuk moved out into an apartment, but it hadn’t been a day before the two of them returned…”
 
“What?” Donghae’s tone of voice didn’t sound curious. 
 
Changmin turned to look at him wondering if he’d said anything wrong. Hadn’t Victoria told him? Was he not supposed to say something? 
 
He gulped feeling nervous, “Are you ok?” 
 
Donghae didn’t look at all anxious anymore. He looked furious…and that made Changmin even more nervous. 
 
“Turn the car around.” Donghae demanded. 

***Hahaha! Changmin's so talkative! Maybe I'll just make that his character, talkative and causes trouble xDDD And who is this man in Yuri's dream? XD

***I'm back! Sorry for the wait! After a two day fever, I'm ready to get my fingers working am ready to be back on my feet!

***If I don't update before Christmas, then have a very Merry Christmas everybody!

***I'm loving Extravagant Challenge/Skip Beat whatever you wanna call it xD I'm waiting for more of Siwon (Ren) because I just hate Sho so much! Sorry, Donghae :( But you're pulling off his character real well :DD I like the way Donghae glares in the drama series xDDD And I love the opening and ending song! I want to hear the full version so baaad!