Chapter 31

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
Yuri was smoothing out the bed sheet when Nana walked out of the bathroom. 
 
“I figured we could share a bed since we’re both girls,” Yuri told. “You ok with that?” 
 
The young girl nodded before closing the bathroom door. 
 
“Aren’t you and that tall guy married?” 
 
Yuri’s mind blanked out before she wondered who Nana was referring to before she burst out laughing. 
 
“It’s actually the first time someone’s said that,” Yuri laughed on, “no, Changmin and I are childhood friends. There’s no way I would marry him.” 
 
“Oh…sorry, I thought you two were married.” 
 
“It’s ok,” Yuri waved her words away, “I’ve gotten comments saying we’re a couple or others asking if we’re cohabiting. I guess it’s kind of hard to take in that we’re just friends.” 
 
“But can a guy and a girl just really be friends?” 
 
“Hmm?” Yuri felt both her eyebrows fly up. 
 
“Never mind,” Nana quickly shook her head before climbing under the sheets. 
 
Yuri tilted her eyes toward the door. Eunhyuk and Victoria had claimed themselves as friends, but Eunhyuk had gone to her rescue when Donghae had left her before they married. It was a thought she didn’t like to think about, but she wondered if them being together had triggered some hidden emotions. Could it be that Eunhyuk was still lingering on? 
 
She shook her head. 
 
“If he says they’re friends, they’re just friends,” Yuri knocked onto her head with her hand.
 
Besides, it was easy to see that Victoria and Donghae were head over heels for each other. No matter the reason Donghae had left Victoria before, he’d gone back to her in the end. Hadn’t Victoria fought for her life just to see Donghae again? And hadn’t Donghae wandered from afar just to get back to his wife? It was touching to see the love they had for each other. 
 
As Yuri turned off the lights and climbed into bed she hoped one day that she’d find someone who would love her just as much. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Victoria opened her eyes when she felt Donghae pull her closer to him. With both arms wrapped around her and head leaning against her shoulder she couldn’t help but feel that the picture wasn’t complete. Something had been itching her from the back of her mind ever since she’d found him. 
 
Whatever it was she hoped it would go away soon because all she wanted was to breathe easily now that she’d found him. 
 
“Are you asleep?” he asked. 
 
“Mmm…” 
 
“After all this ends, lets go home.”
 
The mention of home made her heart emptily yearn for it. 
 
She wrapped her hand around his, “Chief Kang’s wife took me to see Sasha. She’s suffering from 3rd degree burns. We should go see her when we go back.” 
 
“Lets do that,” he replied. 
 
“I called Eunhyuk to let him know where I was so he wouldn’t worry,” Victoria explained now rubbing her thumb against his hand. 
 
“It’s ok, I’m not mad.” 
 
He tightened his hold on her. 
 
“I love you.” he whispered into her ear. 
 
“I love you too.”
 
/ / / / /
 
Yuri awoke to hear someone moving around in the kitchen. Tying her hair into a ponytail as she turned around the corner she spotted Victoria rinsing some veggies by the sink. “You must have slept well,” Yuri commented walking over. 
 
“I felt like I should help out since you’ve been making every meal recently,” Victoria smiled, “you’d be a really good housewife. You cook really well, did you learn from your mom?” 
 
Yuri shrugged leaning both her arms against the countertop, “You could say so. I just like cooking. What about you? Eunhyuk mentioned that he used to cook with you often.” 
 
“I learned a bit from my aunt before I went to rehab in China,” Victoria replied, “the rest I learned by myself or by following cookbooks, and Eunhyuk kind of helped me with the rest.” 
 
“What did you go to rehab for?” 
 
“I suffered from depression after my parents’ deaths and that depression turned me anorexic.”
 
“I’m sorry, I didn’t know that.” 
 
Victoria smiled and shook her head, “It’s fine. Right after I returned, my aunt passed away then I met the best man of my life who turned my life around, but he left me as well. That’s when I met Donghae, Eunhyuk, and everyone else. You must have heard that a lot of people around me end up dying, even I turned terrified of myself for a moment.”
 
“But you’re lucky to have so much now,” Yuri told walking toward the fridge to grab a carton of eggs. 
 
“Of course,” Victoria smiled turning the faucet off. “You have a lot too. I think you and Shim Changmin would make a great family if you two decide to settle down. It’s just my opinion, though.”
 
“I hear too much of that from everyone,” Yuri waved her hand about. “I don’t think we could ever become like that. We’re too close that it’s impossible to overstep those boundaries, you know?” 
 
“It depends if you’re willing to overstep the boundary.” 
 
Yuri watched as Victoria started slicing the veggies into smaller pieces. Had she and Eunhyuk refused to overstep that boundary because of Donghae? 
 
“Can I ask a question?” Yuri started. 
 
Victoria nodded quietly. 
 
“I heard from Eunhyuk that you two got closer after Donghae broke up with you,” Yuri began, “how close did the two of you get?” 
 
Victoria turned to look at her and Yuri could imagine herself backing up. Maybe she shouldn’t have asked after all. What if she’d caused Victoria to become uncomfortable and she didn’t want to talk to her anymore? 
 
Victoria turned away to stare into the imaginary TV in front of her, “Eunhyuk…was like a pillow I brought everywhere with me. He was always shielding me, treating my sorrow as his own, and took everything as his own fault. Seeing a good man like him do something so good for me, I didn’t know if I deserved it, but I liked the closeness the two of us felt. It’s true, there was a time we dated momentarily, but it was impossible because Eunhyuk was always thinking he had a duty to bring Donghae back. Indeed, we got very close.”
 
Yuri almost turned away when Victoria turned back to look at her. 
 
“But I think you and Shim Changmin must be a lot closer. For two people to have grown up together, my friendship with Eunhyuk can’t really compare,” she told. 
 
So they had dated momentarily. Could anything have happened between them during that 
‘momentarily’ time? How had Eunhyuk actually felt? Because the two still seemed so intimately close. How did Donghae feel about the fact that Eunhyuk had once been with Victoria? Was he uncomfortable? Perhaps jealous since Eunhyuk was his best friend? 
 
Yuri was shot out of her thoughts when Nana walked in. 
 
“You’re up?” Yuri greeted. 
 
She watched as Nana took a glance of busy Victoria before retreating toward the table. 
 
“Do you want something to drink?” Yuri questioned. 
 
How did Victoria feel toward this young girl that had spent perhaps a week or more with her husband? 
 
“Donghae told me you like to drink juice,” Victoria set a glass of orange juice in front of Nana. 
 
Nana seemed surprise by Victoria’s sudden move. 
 
“I’m sorry to hear about your brother,” Victoria sympathized putting a hand on the young girl’s shoulder, “but everything will be alright.” 
 
Yuri watched as Victoria started back toward the counter to finally start cooking and turned back to Nana who seemed surprised and touched by Victoria’s sudden move. 
 
When Nana turned to look at her for an explanation, all she could offer was a smile. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Uahh…” Changmin loudly yawned, “where’s the food? I’m so tired.” 
 
“Quit being so noisy! You went to sleep before anybody else,” Yuri snapped. “Come over here and get the plates!” 
 
Changmin made a face from the table before getting up. 
 
“Where’s Lee Donghae?” Yuri questioned. “Why don’t you go wake him up?” 
 
“He usually likes to sleep in,” Victoria explained before turning off the stove. “I’ll be right back.” 
 
When Victoria disappeared around the corner, Eunhyuk appeared looking wide awake. 
 
“I didn’t think you were ever coming down,” Yuri joked. 
 
Changmin nudged her from the side and she turned to glare at him. 
 
“Take a seat first,” Yuri called from the counter before jabbing Changmin with the of a fork. 
 
“Oopf!!” Changmin loudly whined.
 
Eunhyuk turned over confused. Yuri waved his attention away and turned back to quietly scorn Changmin. 
 
When Eunhyuk turned away from the two his eyes quickly caught Nana’s before he awkwardly shifted them away. He hadn’t really taken a look at the girl ever since Donghae had came back and he didn’t really feel as if he wanted to get to know her either. There was no particular reason for feeling that way at all. 
 
While he quietly waited for the rest, he tapped his feet against the ground to keep himself busy. After a moment he could feel someone staring at him and he turned to find Nana curiously looking at him before quickly looking away. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Victoria pushed the door open and watched Donghae as he lay asleep on his side. He looked so peaceful that she felt guilty for having to wake him up. Stepping forward she shoved his shoulder. 
 
“Yah, wake up!” she loudly roared. 
 
He pulled a hand over his ear and Victoria heard herself snort. 
 
“You’re pretending to sleep?” she asked surprised. 
 
She watched as Donghae reached a hand out for hers before he pulled her forward with so much strength that she was shocked. As quick as she landed on him, he hurled her over, and cuddled her from the side. 
 
“You always wake up so early,” he spoke into her neck. “This is exactly what I mean when I say you don’t want to spend mornings with me.” 
 
Victoria started laughing when he started tickling her from the side. 
 
“Stop it!” she shrieked trying to push him away. 
 
He laughed and lay against her throwing his leg inside the blanket over her to keep her locked. 
 
“Lets go to sleep again.” he suggested. 
 
“What the heck! It’s getting late!” Victoria murmured trying to get out of his grasp. 
 
Donghae kept his grip on her, however. 
 
“Aish! When did you get so strong?” she complained. 
 
“I’ve always been,” he answered. 
 
“Aish! Would you stop breathing into my neck? It’s annoying!” 
 
Pushing himself up with a foot he gave a her a long peck on the cheek. 
 
“I’ve been wanting to do this,” he smiled. 
 
She turned to look at him feeling her heart flush. 
 
“What?” he asked after a second. “Did I get more handsome?” 
 
Victoria pressed her face into his and gave him a kiss before escaping his grasp. 
 
“Get up, everyone else is downstairs already,” she told before leaving the bedroom. 
 
At the bottom of the stairs she let out a loud shout when Donghae suddenly jumped on her and playfully gave her a headlock. 
 
“What the…!” she started before he released her. 
 
Slapping his shoulder as hard she could she started for the table. 
 
“Ah…how cute…” he muttered before saying, “I was just joking, Victoria.”
 
Victoria turned to him with a glare before taking a seat next to Eunhyuk. Stealing the seat beside her he watched as Yuri ran over with a bowl of rice. 
 
“Ok! Lets eat!” Yuri shouted. 

***Ok, so this is my update for the week. I have finals this week so I probably won't update until next week when I'm on winter break :DDD

***Sorry for the late update. I've been busy and I've been watching the anime Skip Beat cause I had no idea what it is about. But it's pretty good and I'm addicted xD