Chapter 44

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
Once they got off the ride they found Changmin waiting for them with some more sweets in hand. 
 
“You bought more food?” Nana asked. 
 
“It’s so tempting I can’t stop,” he commented. “Here.” 
 
Eunhyuk glanced at the cotton candy he was handing him and took it with a thanks. 
 
“Lets walk for a bit,” Changmin suggested. 
 
“Ok.” Nana agreed. 
 
Eunhyuk followed silently. No one said anything for a few minutes. Suddenly someone ran pass and bumped into Nana. 
 
“Are you ok?” Changmin questioned grabbing her arm before she tripped forward. 
 
“I’m fine,” she replied. 
 
They stopped and turned around when loud screams suddenly flew into the air. A crowd of wild girls and some boys were rushing toward them. 
 
“What’s going on?” he wondered. 
 
As the crowd ran forward the three of them were suddenly split up. He turned to his left and could very visibly make out Nana lost in the crowd. On impulse he reached a hand out to grab a hold of her and he noticed that she seemed to have caught his eye. She reached out a hand as well, but that was just before the crowd thickened and someone else pulled her away. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Gotcha!” Changmin shouted. 
 
Nana spun around surprised to see him. 
 
“This is when my height comes in handy,” he joked. 
 
Nana turned around to try to sight Eunhyuk, but it didn’t look like he was nearby. Had he been pushed to the back? 
 
“I wonder what all the equipment’s for.” Changmin’s voice caught her ears. 
 
“What are they doing?” Nana asked. 
 
The girls’ screaming made her cover her ears before she heard familiar music pound through the air. 
 
“Oh!” she shouted. 
 
“What?” Changmin asked. 
 
“Ahhh!!!” she screamed in joy and jumped up and down. “It’s them! It’s them!” 
 
“Who?” he asked leaning toward her with a frown. 
 
“MBLAQ! MBLAQ!” Nana suddenly felt hyped up. “I always wanted to see them!” 
 
“Who?!” Changmin asked confused. 
 
“I think they’re recording a show or something,” Nana smiled brightly before she joined in with the crowd and started screaming. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Victoria opened her eyes when she felt Donghae put a blanket over her. That was when she realized she’d suddenly fallen asleep with the baby lying over her. 
 
“They’re all asleep, right?” Victoria asked. 
 
“Shh…” 
 
She laughed quietly at him. 
 
“If they wake up because of you, I’m not putting them back to sleep,” he threatened gently taking a seat next to her. Leaning against her he said, “I’m tired. I didn’t know babies are so tiring.” 
 
“Me too, and it’s only been a few hours since they’ve arrived,” Victoria said. “Lets just hope we only have one. I’m not sure I have the patience to give birth to twins.” 
 
“I won’t have the patience to deal with twins,” he joked. 
 
Victoria quietly laughed again. She watched as Donghae reached a hand over and the little amount of hair of the baby lying over her. 
 
“I can’t wait to see our precious little one,” Donghae told. 
 
She smiled and leaned her head against him. 
 
/ / / / /
 
When the crowd slowly dispersed Nana and Changmin walked away. They found Eunhyuk sitting nearby a large water fountain. 
 
“Were you sitting here all along?” Changmin asked. 
 
Eunhyuk quietly nodded. 
 
“I’ve gone deaf from all that music,” Changmin commented, “is anyone else ready to call it a day and find lunch? I’m hungry!” 
 
/ / / / /
 
About an hour later Victoria and Donghae watched on amazed as the little ones tried crawling forward. 
 
“Woah!” he exclaimed. “They’re so energetic.” 
 
“That one’s so cute,” Victoria squealed. 
 
The doorbell made the two of them turn and Donghae got up to open the door. 
 
“Hey!” Taeyeon greeted. 
 
With the babies in their arms, Donghae and Victoria kind of regretted that the couple had to return so soon. 
 
“They weren’t much trouble, were they?” Taeyeon questioned. 
 
“No, they weren’t. They’re very cute,” Victoria replied. 
 
“Thanks so much for watching them,” Leeteuk thanked. “We’ll be going now.” 
 
“No problem,” Donghae waved and watched them walk off. “Wow. That was an experience I won’t forget.” 
 
“Tsh…” Victoria nudged him. 
 
“What?” he asked sitting down. 
 
Victoria dropped down onto the seat next to him. They sat in silence for a long time before the door finally opened. 
 
“We’re back!” Changmin greeted. “Oh? What are you two doing?” 
 
“We’re hungry, get us something to eat,” Donghae told. 
 
Eunhyuk walked in and closed the door after him. 
 
“What happened to you guys?” he asked. 
 
“Eunhyuk, I never realized you always had it so hard. You’re a great uncle for being able to handle Hyang Soon.” Donghae complimented. 
 
“Ok…” Eunhyuk blankly answered. 
 
“Want to find something for us to eat?” Victoria asked. 
 
Eunhyuk frowned at them. 
 
“Just for today,” Victoria smiled. 
 
“Oh…” Eunhyuk mumbled. “I’ll order something for you two then.”
 
/ / / / /
 
“Did you two have fun this afternoon?” Yuri asked over dinner. 
 
“It was a lot of fun,” Donghae replied. “It was my first time, actually.” 
 
“What did they do?” Changmin asked. 
 
“Taeyeon had to go somewhere, so she dropped off her triplets,” Yuri explained. 
 
“Oh! Really? I really wanted to see them!” Changmin complained. 
 
“Maybe next time,” Yuri assured, “how was the trip today? Did you three have fun?” 
 
Nana nodded, “It was fun.” 
 
“But Eunhyuk was really quiet, I don’t know if he enjoyed it like Nana did,” Changmin told. 
 
Yuri glanced at him. 
 
“Really? Eunhyuk really loves roller coasters,” Donghae jumped in. “He’s a really noisy person, I don’t know why he’s being so quiet here.” 
 
“I have off tomorrow, I was thinking we could all go out,” Yuri started. 
 
“Nana and I are going to the zoo tomorrow,” Changmin explained.
 
“Didn’t you go today?” Yuri questioned. 
 
“We were tired,” Changmin excused. 
 
Yuri frowned at him. 
 
“Ok…”
 
/ / / / /
 
“Maybe something is wrong with Eunhyuk, after all,” Donghae agreed that night. “He’s suddenly quiet these days.” 
 
“Didn’t I tell you that the other night?” Victoria asked. 
 
“Maybe you did.” 
 
Victoria snorted. 
 
“Are you going to talk to him?” 
 
“What about you?” 
 
“I will. Should we see who goes first?” 
 
“Rock, paper, scissors?”
 
/ / / / /
 
“What did you do at the amusement park?” Yuri asked. 
 
“Uh…you know, rode the rides…” Nana bluntly replied. 
 
“Well…of course, did the three of you ride together?” 
 
Nana slowly nodded. 
 
“Eunhyuk didn’t do anything much?” asked Yuri. 
 
“Well…we got separated for an hour, I don’t know what he did during that time,” Nana answered. 
 
“Oh…” 
 
They were quiet. 
 
“You must be tired, I’ll turn off the light,” Yuri offered. 
 
Once the room darkened, Yuri lay down quietly and stared up at the ceiling. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Did Yuri need some encouragement toward Eunhyuk? But she didn’t know if she was in the right spot to talk about it to her. Besides, Yuri wasn’t aware of the fact that she’d heard it all that morning. Would she embarrass Yuri by talking about it? Why was she even worrying? She didn’t need to, right? 
 
Yuri was a successful woman with a strong career. Nana didn’t understand why anyone would reject her. Eunhyuk might as well be attracted to her or be a total loser. Was she being too mean? 
 
Yuri wasn’t the only woman in the world with a totally well off career. She wasn’t the only beautiful woman in the world, but fact was that Yuri liked Eunhyuk. And it wasn’t false that Nana thought he was good looking as well. Other than being awkward, she thought he had a really nice side to him, which she thought he wasn’t showing because of certain reasons. 
 
Was his heart really entangled with Victoria and Donghae’s relationship? Nana couldn’t quite bring herself to believe it, but from seeing them she couldn’t help but believe it. Still, for some reason, she believed as well that Eunhyuk didn’t have anything toward Victoria. 
 
Pure friendship could waver once in a while, but friendship was friendship. As if, there wasn’t a time when she’d liked Kikwang. She’d liked him for a few weeks, but she liked it best when they were friends. Just friends. 
 
Perhaps, she could understand Eunhyuk’s frustrations with himself, if that was what he was really stressed about. Was it possible that he was feeling burdened by Yuri’s confession? But how could that be? Shouldn’t he be glad that someone great like her had feelings toward him? It was worth a trophy, in Nana’s point of view. 
 
She turned to look at the clock. It’d been an hour since she’d been lying there awake. Giving up on sleep she crawled out of bed and started down the stairs. Maybe she needed to sit outside and inhale some fresh air. However, as soon as she got to the bottom of the stairs the front door closed. Curious, she walked toward it and glanced around at the pair of shoes to see that Eunhyuk’s was gone. 
 
Where was he going? 
 
Slipping on her shoes she followed him out. A few minutes later she found him walking into the drinking tent. Starting toward it, she felt her heart jump in surprise when she saw him standing by the entrance. 
 
“Why are you still up?” he asked. 
 
Nana let out a scared sigh of relief. 
 
“Come in, I’ll buy you a snack,” Eunhyuk nodded toward an empty table.