Chapter 87

You Said Remember Me II

 

She pulled and struggled in her arms, but Yuri’s strength beat hers. Since Victoria wouldn’t be able to think right at the moment, Yuri had the upper advantage in leading her back to the hotel. 
 
Once they got into the car, Yuri sturdily locked the car doors before speeding down the freeway toward the hotel. Victoria helplessly cried and called for Donghae locked in her seatbelt. Hearing her made Yuri want to hurt like crazy as well. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Eunhyuk opened the door to a helpless looking Yuri whose eyes pleaded with him to let them in quickly. Once the door closed behind them he glanced at the sobbing Victoria. 
 
“Eunhyuk! Eunhyuk!” Victoria reached out for his arms only to cry some more. 
 
“What’s going on?” Eunhyuk questioned allowing Victoria to lean against him. 
 
Yuri ran a hand up her face and through her hair. 
 
“Ren Gei made a request at the hostage site,” Yuri looked away. “And we exchanged Victoria for Donghae.” 
 
The shock that lit up Eunhyuk’s eyes was no surprise to Yuri. 
 
“What the…” Eunhyuk stuttered, “why’d you let him go!? Wasn’t there some other way to go about this!? How could you just let Donghae go like that!?” 
 
“I don’t know! I don’t know!” Yuri refuted. “I didn’t know what to do either! I could only follow orders! I didn’t--I couldn’t have a say in any of this! I wouldn’t want to trade Donghae for Victoria either!”
 
Yuri became breathless after her screaming and leaned against the wall, Victoria’s wails only became more relevant to her ears. 
 
“Victoria’s pregnant, Chief Kang was only protecting their unborn child,” Yuri sunk to the ground, tears welling up in her eyes. “I didn’t want to do it.” 
 
Eunhyuk stared at them helpless. Who should he feel more sorry for? He held onto the crying Victoria wrapping a hand around her arm and turned around to glance at Changmin who was staring blankly at the black TV screen. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Donghae laid his eyes upon Eui Tae’s back recalling the details Chief Kang had given him in the car about the gang. If Eui Tae was that dangerous how was Donghae going to oust him? 
 
They finally came across a metal door and Eui Tae pushed it open. Once Donghae stepped out a warm air welcomed him and he finally realized how cold he’d been in the freezer. He paused at the door when he saw Nana lying on the ground and saw Leo with a gun in hand, the gun pointed toward Nana’s head. 
 
Eui Tae nudged him forward muttering an order, “Step forward.” 
 
“Ahh?” Leo smiled. “Look at who’s here, Jinah. He’s come to die with you.” 
 
Nana glanced over at Donghae with a stern gaze. The rest of the gang stood scattered about. Yong Jo sat on the stairs, Young Ae looking down at them from the second floor, and Ren Gei beside the wall. 
 
“You wanted me?” Donghae asked looking at Ren Gei ignoring Leo. 
 
Ren Gei started toward him, Donghae feeling anger flush through him. Before he could act, Ren Gei smashed him across the head with the back of his gun flinging him to the ground. Donghae hit the hard, greasy floor loudly. 
 
“Ah…” he groaned at the pain before picking himself back up and ran his fist against Ren Gei. 
 
Ren Gei stumbled back with such force he almost tripped over his unbalanced feet. The burning anger in his fist had come from the report Eunhyuk had shared with him about Ren Gei sneaking in to attack Victoria at the apartment they’d rented. Ren Gei ran at him pointing the gun to his forehead. 
 
Donghae stared at him with unwavering eyes, “I’m not scared of you.” 
 
“If I kill you, who’s going to save my Victoria?” Ren Gei asked. “Not you, not the people you work for, and definitely not her friend. Victoria will be mine.” 
 
Donghae’s jaw line tensed up, “Let her go first then you can get rid of me.” 
 
“She’s not who I’m eyeing,” Ren Gei whispered, “she’s Leo’s.” 
 
“Damn right!” Leo shouted stepping on Nana’s stomach. 
 
She tried to repressed the pain, but a small shout had escaped through her closed lips. Donghae had to fight all the emotion in him in order not to run forward and tackle Leo. If only he could have a gun. 
 
“You like playing hero, don’t you?” Ren Gei asked before hitting Donghae across the head again. 
 
His mind was spinning about now. Donghae wondered if a bump would form on his head when he tried to pull himself up. 
 
“Grab him,” Ren Gei ordered. 
 
Eui Tae pulled Donghae up by the arm before binding his arms behind him with one hand. A grunt fell out from him when Ren Gei ran a fist into his stomach. Why was he always attacking him in that area? Donghae bowled over from the pain before Ren Gei lifted his head up by his hair. 
 
“I just want to beat the crap out of you. You ruined my life. Did you think sending me to jail would really end it all? Even if I died, I’d still come after Victoria. I’d haunt you until you die. I’d bring you both to hell with me.” 
 
“You sure…talk big…” Donghae managed through the pain urging itself through his whole body. 
 
A fist ran across his face. 
 
“I said before…that Victoria’s not an item to take, didn’t I?” Donghae asked. 
 
Ren Gei pulled at his hair and Donghae gritted his teeth together to suppress the pain. The ringing of a phone from somewhere made him look around. Why would they keep a phone around the area? 
 
“Are you gonna answer that?” Young Ae asked from above leaning her chin into her hand. “It’s getting annoying.” 
 
“Shut the up.” Ren Gei swore without turning to look up at her. “You know who those people are?”
 
Donghae glanced up at him. “I’d never tell you.” 
 
“Drop him.” 
 
Eui Tae threw him to the floor with such strength that Donghae thought his bones would break from the fall. His chest heaved up and down repeatedly while he tried to gather air into his lungs, but the pain from his stomach had now moved onto his chest straining each muscle that tried for air. 
 
When Ren Gei turned to walk away, Donghae’s eyes swerved over to Nana to make sure she was still unharmed. Thankfully she seemed fine, but her eyes seemed to be signaling something to him. He squinted his eyes with a small frown before he saw Nana eying Leo’s gun. His eyes inched open some more and quickly shook his head, but Nana continued nodding hers. 
 
The heart pounding inside his ribs worried if she could actually make it happen. He gulped quietly when Eui Tae started pass him and waited before he had totally walked by. In that instant, Nana pulled her upper torso up and bit onto Leo’s leg. While he screamed, Donghae forced himself up, the pain stinging his entire mentality, and rushed toward the pair. Donghae jumped toward Leo’s waving arm and grabbed onto his wrist twisting it as hard as he could before his fingers gripped themselves around the gun. Leo, though, seemed to have a stronger grip than Donghae had imagined. He wasn’t letting go no matter how hard Donghae tried to pry his fingers off. 
 
“And so what?” he heard Ren Gei’s voice before the gun went off. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Yunho tensed up in his seat. 
 
“What was that?” Siwon questioned turning to look at Yunho. 
 
“Ren Gei, what’s going on?” 
 
“Well, you know, my mates just decided to shoot each other out.” 
 
“I’ll take that,” Yunho replied. “Are you hungry yet?” 
 
“I’m thinking about cutting off contact is all.” 
 
Siwon quickly shook his head no. 
 
“Is there anything you want to talk about? Any games you played recently? Anybody you’re seeing? What about your friends? Do you want to talk about them?” 
 
Yunho had to keep him going. He needed to keep Ren Gei engaged in what they were talking about with interest. There was a high risk he was going to lose contact with Ren Gei and the hostages if nothing came up. 
 
“My friends?” Ren Gei questioned. 
 
Yunho nodded relieved that Ren Gei had decided to press on. He turned to see Leeteuk type in ‘friends’ into a chart. They needed to keep track of what they were talking about. If they didn’t and Yunho made a mistake by repeating the same question, Ren Gei would know that Yunho wasn’t keeping his interests at heart. 
 
“They’re not friends.” Ren Gei seemed to growl offended. 
 
“Then what do you consider them?” 
 
“I called them mates, didn’t I?” 
 
Yunho felt sweat trickle off his forehead and down his face. He’d forgotten a second after Ren Gei had just declared it at the beginning of the conversation. 
 
“You don’t really care about me, do you? You want another one of these people I have inside?” 
 
Was he teasing them? What should Yunho say? He glanced over at Siwon who looked just as nervous. Why was Ren Gei giving them another freebie so soon? Did he have something up his sleeve or was he really sincere about it? Would he give them the other girl? 
 
“Just kidding,” Ren Gei laughed. “You were so quiet, I thought you’d fallen for it.” 
 
Yunho bit his lower lip. 
 
“I’m not giving these two people up. No, no.” 
 
What does he want? Yunho couldn’t figure it out. 
 
“Lets stop talking here. I need to attend to my guests.” 
 
Before Yunho could speak, Ren Gei hung up. 
 
“,” Yunho cussed. 
 
“What are we going to do now?” Siwon asked. 
 
Leeteuk wrote 12:00 PM.
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana couldn’t help but let out a shot when Leo dragged her across the floor by pulling at her bounded wrists. He finally stopped when they were at the end of the room near the pipes. Leo pulled her up and slapped her across the face once, twice. The pain stung her face so hard that her face immediately flushed a deep pink. 
 
“! !” he screamed at her. 
 
Nana stared at Donghae whose hand was now torn and bleeding. Leo’s gun was now lying on the ground beside him and glanced at Yong Jo who was pocketing his gun. Her heart went out to him when he curled up into a ball painfully and shut her eyes when Eui Tae pressed his foot on his hand. As his scream echoed off the walls, Nana clamped her eyes shut to escape the terror of seeing more and more blood seep out onto the ground. 
 
“Ah!” she shouted when Leo grabbed her hair pulling her head back. 
 
“Do you want to meet your brother?” Leo asked. 
 
Her fiery orbs could only stare up at him. The pain beating itself into her heart would not dissipate as her breathing froze. 
 
A smile of satisfaction spread across his mocking lips as he crouched down to meet with her eyes. Leo took a hold of her chin forcing her to stare up.
 
“Do you want to hear it? The reason why I shot him? He died just like a dog because he was a dog. Oh you should’ve seen it. The sight was so pitiful. Junsu slid to the ground, blood pouring out from his chest, watching him moan and mumble reaching his hands out toward his comrades, it was all so satisfying. But to know he lived for his sister and joined the force for money to raise her, oh the story touched my heart when I heard about it. The sweet little sister who is now alone. Who’s going to come save you now? Hmm? Im Jinah.” 
 
Nana bit onto her quivering lips, her burning heart beating rashly inside her. She entwined her hands into fists unable to hit him. 
 
“You’re a sick bastard.” 
 
Leo tilted her head back, her hair still imprisoned in his hold. 
 
“He stole my girl, so I killed him. What’s wrong with that? Who picked a fight first? Me or him?” Leo’s eyes turned into a hazy brown recalling all the hatred for her brother. “So I’m going to take his lovely sister before sending her down to hell to meet him.” 
 
He leaned his face in toward her with the most creepy smile Nana had ever encountered and felt him pull down at the collar of her shirt. All Nana could do was try to push him away with her bounded wrists and kicked her legs wildly. Nana screamed all she could, but no one came to her rescue. She could still hear Donghae shouting crazily from where he was unable to move. 
 
For once, she thought it was better to die than become a toy of slavery. What could she do? How could she escape? Who would save her? If she screamed for Eunhyuk, would he possibly appear? 
 
Her heart wrenched, twisted, and burned inside her. There really was no one who would come for her. There was no one to go to. No one to cry to. She was alone, she really was alone. 
 
Tears arose in her eyes when she heart her shirt tear. All she could think about was Eunhyuk. 
 
“Urgh! Get a room, you sick jerk,” Young Ae complained from the second floor. 
 
Leo turned around to snap at her and Nana took it as her chance of escape. When he turned back around she swung her head forward head butting him as hard as she could. Another squeal of pain echoed from him and Nana pushed him off with all her might starting for Donghae. She needed to help him before his hand would become disabled forever. After her fourth step, she fell flat against the floor face first. The pain dwelling into her consciousness turned her mind fuzzy. 
 
“Nana! Nana!” Donghae screamed. “Get up! Nana!” 
 
Her eye lids slowly closed into darkness before she opened them to the light around her. 
 
“Ah…ah…” she moaned. 
 
Leo pulled her up by her head and slammed his fist across her face. 
 
“!” Leo’s bloody nose was the only thing apparent in her unclear eyesight. 
 
He slapped her again before pushing her into the pipes standing against the wall. When Nana collided into them she felt them rattle from above her. A shout fell from her lips and she fell flat against the ground. The pipes rattled unsteadily while she tried to sit up but felt the pipes crush the wind out of her when they tumbled down. It happened so fast that Nana couldn’t understand what just happened to her in the blink of an eye. For all she knew was that she’d out and felt something snap inside her. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“He’s not picking up.” Yunho panicked redialing the numbers again. 
 
“I wonder what’s going on in there.” Leeteuk muttered. “It’s been fifteen minutes.”
 
“At this rate, we’re not going to get anything done.” Siwon added. 
 
They listened as the phone rang again and again.