Chapter 27

You Said Remember Me II

 

After making sure Victoria was settled in, Eunhyuk closed the door, and walked out. Before pausing by his room he headed for Yuri’s. With a slight knock on the door she quickly opened it. 
 
“Can I have a word with you?” Eunhyuk asked immediately. 
 
They found themselves sitting out back facing the night breeze. There wasn’t a moon, but the stars were out. It looked like a hill had been turned upside down in the sky and just looking at it amazed Eunhyuk. 
 
“I’m pretty sure they’re keeping a close watch on us,” Eunhyuk started looking around, “Victoria isn’t safe anywhere.” 
 
Yuri nodded. 
 
“I would have called for the cops,” Eunhyuk’s voice suddenly became regretful, “but Victoria was in pain.” 
 
Yuri tilted her head curious. 
 
“She’s pregnant,” Eunhyuk turned to look at her. 
 
Surprise filled Yuri. 
 
“Is she ok?” she asked concerned. 
 
“She’s ok,” Eunhyuk nodded thankfully, “I called an ambulance and we were in the hospital for a few hours. If we’re in a public vicinity they wouldn’t follow us in. I’m sorry, the safest place I could think of was here. If I wasn’t so quick to pull out, Victoria wouldn’t have gotten hurt.” 
 
Yuri smiled feeling warmth overflow from him. 
 
“But she’s ok,” Yuri assured envious of his care for Victoria, “no one’s at fault.” 
 
“Donghae really wanted a child. He’d be so ecstatic when he finds out,” Eunhyuk said before suddenly turning abruptly, “it reminds me, Victoria sighted Donghae in Osan today. We need to look for him as soon as possible.” 
 
“Osan? Here? This city?” Yuri repeated. 
 
“Yes,” Eunhyuk nodded. “He’s here…somewhere.” 
 
Yuri nodded, “I’ll help look for him as well. And…that man…you didn’t see his face?” 
 
Eunhyuk cringed an eyebrow as he fought hard to remember, “No. I didn’t see his face.” 
 
“Is there anyone who saw him? Do you think anyone around saw him enter the apartment?” Yuri wondered. 
 
“I honestly don’t know,” Eunhyuk answered, “I didn’t see anyone around when I was heading out.”
 
“It might help to ask,” Yuri added. 
 
Eunhyuk blinked his eyes a few times before saying, “But I’m pretty sure that no one, but Ren Gei would be able to lay his hands on her. He, as far as I know, is too overly obsessed to allow anyone else to touch her. I’m pretty sure it was him.” 
 
Yuri stared back at him. 
 
“If you can, help spread the word to look for him,” Eunhyuk told, “I don’t think that any of us is safe. I’m sure you’ve heard that anyone with Victoria usually ended up dead.”
 
“I’ve seen the articles,” Yuri replied. “I feel you and Changmin should look out for yourselves more.”
 
“I know,” Eunhyuk nodded recalling the incident with Ren Gei while making his way home from Victoria’s place a year ago. He’d almost died if it hadn’t been for Chief Kang and Donghae who had quickly come to his rescue with one phone call.  
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana awoke when she heard Donghae moving about the room. Looking up from her pillow she saw him folding up the blankets he’d slept on during the night and flopped back down onto her pillow. 
 
“Lets go find something to eat and look around for Kikwang,” she heard him say, “he should be in Osan by now.” 
 
For once, she just wanted to sleep in till late afternoon. This kind of reality was tiring. 
 
Getting up a few seconds later she started folding up the blankets she’d slept on and once they’d stacked them up by the wall they headed out. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Victoria awoke from her dreams to be met by the knock at the door. At the turn of her head she saw Yuri poking her head in and when their eyes met they smiled. 
 
“Hey,” Yuri greeted as she sat up, “you feeling alright?” 
 
“Oh…yea…” Victoria let her legs dangle off the side of the bed. 
 
“Wanna come down for breakfast? It’s all ready.” 
 
“I’ll be there,” Victoria replied. 
 
Yuri closed the door and Victoria could hear her footsteps cease down the hallway. Running a hand through her long hair she opened the door and walked out. 
 
Downstairs in the kitchen she found Changmin and Eunhyuk sitting quietly while Yuri was saying something about healthy food from behind the counter. Surprise lit up Changmin’s face and he seemed to rise from his chair when Victoria appeared at the doorway. 
 
“You’re awake?” Changmin greeted. 
 
Victoria smiled and took a seat near Eunhyuk. 
 
“You feel alright?” Eunhyuk asked. 
 
“I’m fine,” Victoria smiled.
 
“The rest of the food is here,” Yuri took quick steps from the counter to the table placing a plate full of fresh cooked vegetables onto the table, “why don’t you rest after breakfast, Victoria. Changmin took the day off, he can accompany you so you won’t feel bored.” 
 
“Actually,” Victoria started, “I want to go out to look for Donghae. He’s in Osan.” 
 
Silence gathered at the table. 
 
“I think your body’s been overly stressed lately, you should rest some,” Yuri tried with a smile. 
 
Victoria stared at them, “No, I can’t. I need to move around. It’s impossible to stay inside. I have Eunhyuk with me, I’ll be fine.” 
 
Yuri was about to retort but Eunhyuk interrupted, “Ok. As long as you stick with me. If anything else happens, I’m taking you back home.” 
 
Victoria stared at him contemplating his deal before nodded, “Ok. I’ll go back.” 
 
She watched as Eunhyuk turned back to Yuri with a small nod before starting on breakfast. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Yuri pressed her lips together as she watched Eunhyuk and Victoria disappear down the corner while standing at the doorway. 
 
Honestly, she hadn’t slept well last night. What kind of life did Victoria live? The stress that she’d been carrying when she made it to her home alive must have been a lot. Especially on her body that had recently conceived a fetus. How much worries she must be having made Yuri sympathize a lot with her. Her husband was missing and her life was in current danger. No where was safe for her. 
 
How did Victoria fare with all these external stress factors? 
 
“I’m going out,” Yuri swiftly turned back to tell Changmin who was sitting in the living room. 
 
“I knew it,” he muttered standing up, “let me go with you too.” 
 
“No,” Yuri refused, “you stay here in case anything happens.” 
 
“Wha…” Changmin started before Yuri shut the door and started down the walk. 
 
Perhaps finding Victoria’s husband would first answer some questions before she started involving herself. Since Changmin had already been sighted with Victoria she didn’t want to be left out. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“It’s not that late anymore,” Nana said, “how come there aren’t much people around anymore?” 
 
Donghae glanced around to see that the streets were packed with minimal people walking in pairs or fours. And not a single crowd of fifteen appeared. They’d definitely be easily sighted and sought after in this kind of environment. 
 
“Just keep low,” was all he could suggest for now. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Victoria came to an abrupt pause when the street lights suddenly turned red. She was too anxious that her body couldn’t keep up with her mind. Eunhyuk paused beside her and turned to look at everyone around them. 
 
What they didn’t know was that Donghae was just behind them. About a block adjacent to where they were standing. And both pairs were heading in opposite directions. 
 
Cars swerved pass. Women and men gowned up in neat business apparel started gathering from all around them. Victoria could feel herself getting lost within the crowd. Her heart began palpitating faster and faster when she worried that Donghae wouldn’t be able to see her. And what if she couldn’t sight him through the people? 
 
The lights turned green and Victoria rushed forward. She had to find him. She had to. 
 
Eunhyuk rushed after her still turning to look everywhere and stopped midway across the crosswalk. A familiar head was passing a window shop somewhere behind them. His heart jumped and he blindly reached out to grab Victoria who stubbornly tried to free herself of his grasp. 
 
“Victoria…Donghae…Donghae! I see him!” his utterly excited voice broke with a smile. 
 
Victoria spun around and glanced around wildly. 
 
“There! Over there!” Eunhyuk shouted. 
 
Victoria’s eyes popped wide open when she spotted Donghae moving toward the end of the block. An uproar of hope gushed through her before her feet started racing back to where they came from. Eunhyuk’s footsteps behind her became mute when all she could focus on was getting to Donghae. 
 
Traffic ceased just in time when Victoria finally reached the block across from them. No matter what she was getting to him. Donghae was just out of her grasp. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana paused and turned back to look around to see two heads moving quickly through the crowd that had formed nearby. 
 
“I think someone’s following us,” she turned back to Donghae. 
 
“Where?” Donghae swiveled to look back. 
 
“There,” Nana pointed out the two heads that was starting toward them. 
 
Donghae squinted his eyes to get a better look, but they were too far away. 
 
“Lets hurry and find somewhere to hide,” he told before glancing around at the thickening crowd. He held out his hand, “Don’t get lost.” 
 
Nana glanced at his outstretched hand and hesitated. A long debate crossed her mind before she grabbed it and they started forward. 
 
“Watch it!” they heard a man scold from behind before the form of quick rushed footsteps started to become clearer to the ears.
 
“Donghae!” he heard someone call. 
 
His steps slowed. 
 
“Donghae!” there it was again. 
 
Fully stopping he felt his heart race and stared at the ground. 
 
“Lee Donghae!” 
 
Eunhyuk? No…he was still in Incheon. 
 
People pushed pass and he still felt as if he was in a daze. 
 
“What’s wrong?” Nana questioned. 
 
“Donghae!!!” 
 
It was really Eunhyuk. Turning around he felt a wave erupt through him and the crowd magically dispersed. As the crowd moved to the side, Victoria and Eunhyuk materialized in front of him. 
 
Victoria, who he’d last seen when he dropped her off at work only to find out later that she’d been abducted. He swore he could have cried on the spot with all the emotions raging through him. It felt like a dream and yet he also feared that it was just a dream. The sight wouldn’t disappear when he walked forward, would it? God wasn’t just playing a joke on him, right? 
 
/ / / / /
 
Her heart dropped. She could forget everything in the whole world. She could lose sight of everyone, everything if she could just get to Donghae. But why were they running away? It didn’t make sense. 
 
Her body was slowing down. It was telling her it couldn’t run anymore. As she panted helplessly she could hear Eunhyuk help her from behind by screaming as loud as he could. And when Donghae finally stopped, she knew then that she had him back…
 
Victoria missed him so much. The urge to run forward and choke him to death was so strong, but when her eyes landed on the hand he was holding a lump formed in . Her lungs refused to create air for her. 
 
Why…was he holding someone else’s hand? 
 
“Victoria?” his voice, the voice she hadn’t heard for over a week entered her eyes. 
 
Donghae let go of the woman’s hand and took a step forward. However, Victoria found herself taking a step back and tilted her eyes toward the ground when she found herself hiding behind Eunhyuk. 
 

***Uh-oh...what happens now?

***The moment you've all been waiting for has come

***Happy Thanksgiving guys :D I'm so thankful for you all