Chapter 57

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
Donghae was dropped to the ground without mercy. To his luck, he landed on his arm. The pain shot up through his arm first then lingered through his body. Donghae struggled up to his feet but was kicked to the ground in less than a nanosecond. 
 
Yong Jo took a step toward him and cocked his head so he could get a better look at the pain raging on Donghae’s face. A smile climbed onto his face with a small laugh. 
 
“Lee Donghae, are you?” Yong Jo greeted. 
 
The name of the doctor flashed into Donghae’s head before he quickly forgot it again. 
 
“Who are you?” Donghae asked clutching onto his arm. 
 
Yong Jo grabbed Donghae’s shirt and pulled him up to his feet. Donghae had trouble keeping himself on his feet since his mind had suddenly become so dizzy. 
 
“Talk to me face to face,” Yong Jo said. 
 
Donghae glanced at his face with nearly closing eyes. 
 
Yong Jo smirked, “I often read the paper when Ren Gei snapped and killed. You don’t know how surprised I was when I saw that Detective Lee Donghae put Ren Gei behind bars. Now that I see you up close, you aren’t that great. How did you manage to do it?” 
 
Donghae snorted and glanced away before turning back to Yong Jo, “I remember. The doctor of the gang, right? Where’s Ren Gei? Shouldn’t he be here instead?” 
 
“Ren Gei,” Yong Jo spoke, “is probably screwing your beloved this second.” 
 
It was clear that he was purposely provoking him and Donghae knew he should have kept his cool instead of playing into his trap, but he couldn’t help it. Ignoring the pain shooting up his arm and the cries in his mind for him to stop, Donghae continued punching the living daylights out of Yong Jo. Not once, had he in his entire life, beat someone to a pulp. But he’d seen Eunhyuk do it before, so what he was doing now was what he’d seen Eunhyuk do to the boys who’d picked on Hee Sun. 
 
When Yong Jo fell to the ground with a bloody nose and cracked lips Donghae finally realized that he was panting heavily. The windowless room swirled around him as he took a step back and fell against the stairs by the wall. There were a few crates and empty water tanks in the room when he looked around. 
 
What was the place used for? The thought vanished as quickly as it appeared when he heard a click. Looking up he saw Yong Jo get up to his feet, a handgun in hand. Donghae gulped and got up to his feet. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Are you ok?” Nana asked Changmin when he jumped down. 
 
“I think I hurt my ankle,” Changmin told rubbing his ankle. “It’s ok, I’ll be fine.” 
 
“Are you sure?” Nana worried. 
 
He reached a hand over to pat her on the hand. Nana turned to look at Eunhyuk who seemed to be observing the dark room. There were a few machines she couldn’t find the names for sitting around, but they obviously didn’t work anymore since the place seemed abandoned. She followed Eunhyuk pass them and watched him glance out into the hallway. 
 
It was immensely dark and carried a heavy feeling in the air. 
 
“Be careful,” Eunhyuk cautioned. 
 
Nana followed him carefully and walked along the long corridor not knowing where they were actually going. Eunhyuk turned a few corners and Nana barely found any light shining in from outside. The whole building seemed somewhat windowless. It was a sad thought that nothing inside received any light. 
 
They peered into a few rooms to find sewing machines, empty boxes stacked atop one another, desks, and long tables. The more Nana saw the more she became confused about what the building had been used for. 
 
At last, they came across a heavy metal door. Nana could feel her heart beating when Eunhyuk slowly pushed it open before poking his head to see what was on the other side. After a second he fully pushed the door open all the way and they found themselves staring at the three doors in front of them. 
 
“What do we do now?” Nana wondered. “Are you just going to randomly open a door?” 
 
Eunhyuk was quiet. Changmin suddenly jumped from beside her and he moved closer to her. 
 
“Did you hear that?” Changmin whispered. 
 
“Hear what?” Nana asked. 
 
Changmin jumped again and Eunhyuk moved in his spot. Nana turned to look at him. 
 
“Someone’s shooting a gun,” Eunhyuk muttered before suddenly dashing off ahead and opening the door to the right. 
 
“Wait! Eunhyuk!” Nana shouted running after him. 
 
She’d never noticed how fast he was at running before. It was difficult to keep up. Nana felt worried for Changmin. He was hurt. What if he couldn’t keep up? Slightly turning to look behind her she spotted him close by. A breath of relief passed through her. 
 
Eunhyuk reached another door and Nana was suddenly sure she was hearing loud noises coming from inside. Pushing the door open Nana noticed the few water tanks sitting around. Her eyes quickly landed on the big man holding a handgun who was seemingly focused on something else at the moment. 
 
“Donghae!” Eunhyuk shouted. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Ren Gei pulled Victoria somewhere else so that they were hidden out of sight. He tossed her into some empty boxes which went crumbling down once she landed on them. She peered up into his face full of resentment. 
 
“I don’t know what I want to do with you anymore,” Ren Gei said. “What do you want to do, Victoria?” 
 
His eyes flashed with mischief when he smiled. Victoria inched back toward the wall and quickly thought about what to do. She felt her hands around before they touched what she felt was a rock.  
 
“Ok,” Victoria forced herself to stay calm, “come here and I’ll tell you.” 
 
Ren Gei bent down so that he was face to face with her. 
 
“You just want me, right?” Victoria asked feeling sweat tremble down her face. 
 
He grinned. Victoria swallowed the saliva in and quickly smashed the rock across his face before getting up. Blindly making a run forward, Victoria quickly halted when she realized she actually had no where to go. The only way to get out was the way they’d come. 
 
A voice within her screamed frustration. Why was it always like this? Her exits were always blocked by Ren Gei. No matter when and where. 
 
Ren Gei moaned and let out a cough behind her. Spinning around, Victoria watched him get up to his feet and took a step back with her hand forming into a tight fist. Her damn legs were already trembling. 
 
“You…like being bad, don’t you?” Ren Gei asked when his eyes met hers. 
 
The wound from the rock made blood trickle down his face. It was a sickening sight. While gulping Victoria took another step back when he took a step forward. He suddenly charged toward her without a warning and Victoria let out a loud scream when he pinned her across the wall. 
 
“I hate you!” he screamed grabbing both her shoulders and pushing her to the ground. Slightly pulling her up he demanded, “Tell me that Lee Donghae is a loser and I’m the one you love!” 
 
Fear choked Victoria’s voice in and she could only feel cries escape her lips. 
 
“Say it!” Ren Gei shook her. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Donghae turned from the water tank he was hiding behind to see the others at the doorway. Where had they come from? But he assumed it didn’t matter at the moment. 
 
“Get away!” Donghae shouted. 
 
Yong Jo’s attention turned toward the group and Donghae felt his heart leap. If Changmin, Nana, or Eunhyuk were killed on the spot there was no way Donghae would be able to continue living without guilt. Making a grab for a crate he ran out from behind the water tank and tossed it at Yong Jo. Before he shot it to pieces it slammed him in the face. 
 
Donghae watched as he toppled to the ground and rushed toward him. He needed to get the gun. 
 
Yong Jo rose from the ground and shot the gun into the air. 
 
“No one move!” he shouted. 
 
Donghae froze. 
 
“Get down! All of you!” Yong Jo pointed his gun toward every one of them. 
 
Donghae watched as Changmin quickly dropped down to his knees and covered his ears with both hands. For some reason, Donghae felt quite sorry for the guy. For a city boy, he wasn’t used to so much violence. 
 
Yong Jo turned to Donghae with a glare and Donghae slowly moved down onto his knees, but before his knees touched the ground he jumped Yong Jo. The gun dropped onto the ground beside them as Donghae pinned him down. Yong Jo elbowed him hard but he refused to let go. In the end, Yong Jo tried reaching for the gun with his hand. In a desperate attempt to get it away, Donghae dropped his knee onto Yong Jo’s hand, and kicked the gun further away from them. 
 
“Get it! Someone get it!” Donghae yelled. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana and Eunhyuk glanced at each other, but no one made a move. She turned back to look at Changmin and found him looking around warily. No, Changmin wouldn’t be able to touch a gun. He wasn’t the type to. 
 
A shadow flickered overhead before Nana’s instincts caught on. She crawled forward and picked up the gun. Wrapping her hands tightly around the trigger she pointed the gun upward and shot at whoever was up there. In a nanosecond she felt someone throw their arms around her and push her to the ground. Another shot rang in the air and confusion swept Nana. 
 
Someone crumpled down to the floor behind her and it all hit her at once. Throwing Eunhyuk off her she stared at Changmin wide eyed. 
 
“Changmin! Changmin!” Nana screamed crawling over to him never minding how she looked. 
 
Blood was seeping from his left shoulder quickly soaking up his shirt with red. Tears appeared in her eyes. She hadn’t meant for Changmin to get hurt. Fear engulfed her on the spot. 
 
“Changmin!” she shouted. 
 
He was grasping onto his shoulder in pain. Unable to speak she could only hear the little moans he let out. 
 
“What the hell are you doing?!” Yong Jo tossed Donghae off of him. 
 
“The shot at me first!” Leo retorted. “Never mind you! We have two right here! You get the detective and I’ll get her!” 
 
Leo started toward the stairs and Nana turned around lost about what was going on. 
 
“You aren’t going anywhere!” Yong Jo called. 
 
“Hmph!” Leo never minded Yong Jo and pushed him aside. 
 
Leo took a step forward, but Yong Jo yanked him back by the shirt and grabbed the gun out of his hand. 
 
“Get out of here!” Yong Jo ordered. 
 
Leo glared at him, “What? Who do you think you are to be ordering me?” 
 
“You touch her and I shoot you,” Yong Jo threatened. “Now go!” 
 
Leo sneered at Yong Jo before kicking aside some crates. Nana held her breath when Leo turned to glare at her before exiting and turned when Yong Jo picked up the gun she’d snatched earlier. 
 
“Game ends here,” Yong Jo muttered before leaving. 
 
When they left Donghae hurried over. 
 
“What do we do?” Nana questioned now panicking and near sobs. “Changmin’s going to die.” 
 
“He won’t,” Donghae assured in a very promising voice, “don’t touch him till I get back.” 
 
“Where are you going?” Eunhyuk asked. 
 
“Get help,” Donghae replied before disappearing around the door. 
 
/ / / / /
 
It was stupid and probably the dumbest thing she would ever do, but she was desperate. There was no other way she would be able to escape Ren Gei without dying first. This time Victoria wasn’t sure if she would be so lucky. Biting her bottom lip she tossed her head back before throwing it forward to smash it against his. The pain that ran through her was unexplainable. 
 
Ren Gei released his hold on her and flopped to the side clutching onto his head with both hands screaming in pain. Victoria clenched her teeth to make the pain dissipate and struggled up to her feet. Her head hurt so bad that she was almost seeing doubles of everything. 
 
Before she could fully get up Ren Gei grabbed her ankle and pulled her back. Victoria fell to the ground and could feel her arm rub painfully against the concrete as Ren Gei worked to pull her back toward him. Victoria tried to helplessly grab onto the ground to prevent herself from being pulled back but it was all obviously too useless. 
 
A scream escaped for help before something loud and heavy rang into the air. Everything silenced and Victoria lifted her head to look around. Suddenly, Ren Gei’s hand had disappeared around her ankle. Never minding whether he was dead or alive she rushed to her feet and made a run toward the exit or entrance or whatever. Another gun shot behind her made her freeze. 
 
“Get back here!” Ren Gei roared. 
 
Victoria halted. Her hair was a mess and she could feel pain etch itself all over her body. The wounds on her arms and face were the least she cared about at the moment. What mattered most was, who made the first shot? 
 
“Who did you bring with you!” Ren Gei’s scream made Victoria want to cover her ears. “Why do you always betray me!” 
 
Victoria’s hands shook and she clenched them both into tight fists. She was scared, too scared. If only Donghae were there…
 
“Over here,” a voice whispered. 
 
Victoria’s eyes shot toward the exit and spotted a shadow looming over the ground. Who was it? Someone dangerous? A friend who had come to help? Victoria didn’t know. She was confused, but at the moment it didn’t matter. Gathering the strength within her she made a run as Ren Gei pulled the trigger. The few gun shots bounced off the ground behind her and within seconds she could hear him run madly after her. 
 
When Victoria turned around the corner she spotted a young man leaning against the wall. Without a word he grabbed her hand and pulled her after him. The confusion that ran through her was something she’d never felt before. They quickly fled into another isolated alleyway full of trash and while hiding behind a garbage bin she could hear Ren Gei running around nearby. The smell of the alleyway however got to her and in order to hold back her gag she threw a hand over . 
 
Once Ren Gei disappeared the stranger beside her got up to his feet. Still holding his hand Victoria got up after him. 
 
“Who are you?” Victoria asked letting go of his hand. 
 
“First, lets get somewhere safe,” he suggested. 

***Gasp! Changmin got shot! Nana got covered by Eunhyuk for protection ^^ Victoria is rescued by someone mysterious! Who is this man? 

***I'm currently up to the part where Nana confesses to Yuri about her feelings and something else that happened (not telling you what) ^^ gosh the emotions flying through me are so :"(

***I will update again soon! I love you all!