Chapter 47

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
Yuri first opened the door to Changmin’s bedroom to discovered that he hadn’t yet returned. Frowning deeply she started down the stairs and forced herself to start on an angry breakfast. 
 
When the others gathered at the table that morning Yuri crossed her arm and waited by the counter for the door to open. 
 
“Aren’t you going to eat?” Donghae asked. 
 
“No.” Yuri replied stiffly. “Go ahead and dig in. I’m going to wait for that troublemaker who’s so wise.” 
 
“Are they not back yet?” Victoria quietly asked Donghae. 
 
He shrugged. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Thank you, thank you so much!” Changmin thanked the manager of the motel that had kindly lent them some gas. 
 
When he left Nana and Changmin didn’t have anything to say to each other. Boarding the car awkwardly Changmin started the engine and once it roared a smile crossed his face. Mindful of her he pressed his lips together and let the smile dissolve. 
 
“I didn’t really see anything this morning,” Changmin promised, “if you want me to be honest…I only saw a little bit of cleavage…” 
 
“Ok! Don’t talk about it!” Nana could feel herself burning up. 
 
She turned away to stare out of the window. Changmin cleared his throat from beside her and drove off. 
 
/ / / / /
 
The front door finally opened and Yuri crossed her arms. Changmin walked in followed by Nana and once the door closed Changmin looked up with a fright. He jumped back and let out a shout. 
 
“Oh! You scared me!” he exclaimed throwing a hand up. 
 
Yuri frowned at him. 
 
She glanced at the two and noticed that the refused to look at each other. Their faces were flushing pink that morning and Yuri couldn’t help but feel suspicious that something had happened. 
 
“Go eat breakfast, Nana,” Yuri said. 
 
Nana quietly walked pass her. When she disappeared from the room Yuri turned to eye Changmin. 
 
“Yah!” she shouted. “What do you think you were doing last night?! A motel?! Motel! Oh! You’ve got to be kidding with me!” 
 
Changmin frowned confused and surpassingly shocked with her behavior. 
 
“And what’s your problem? I…I’m an adult!” Changmin stuttered. 
 
“What about Nana! You brought her to a motel!” Yuri scolded. 
 
“She’s an adult too!” Changmin fought back. “I don’t see what the big deal is. We were unable to return last night, did you want us to sleep on the streets in the pouring rain?” 
 
Yuri bit her lip, “You didn’t do anything last night, did you?” 
 
“Uh…what!” Changmin stumbled over his words shocked. “I…we…we didn’t do anything! Nothing at all!” 
 
Yuri frowned at him. 
 
“Why are you looking at me like that!” Changmin whined. “We only took off our clothes so we could dry them, but we didn’t do anything like that!” 
 
“What! You what!” Yuri’s voice rose. 
 
Changmin clenched his eyes, “I didn’t mean it like that! We weren’t or anything!”
 
Yuri couldn’t believe the words flowing out of his mouth uncontrollably. dropped open and she gasped shocked. 
 
“Yah,” she started. 
 
“But why do you care what I do?” Changmin questioned. “What I do doesn’t matter to you. I thought you like…” 
 
He shut up and Yuri felt a wave of reality rush through her. What was going on! And what exactly was she doing interrogating Changmin like that? Putting a hand over her face she turned away. 
 
“Yuri?” he asked worried. 
 
“Never mind me,” Yuri held out a hand warning him not to approach her. 
 
“Sorry, I didn’t mean to…” he apologized, but she’d walked away before allowing him to finish. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana immediately halted in front of the kitchen and watched as the other three turned to look at her. 
 
“You’re back,” Donghae greeted with a smile, “did you eat? Come have some breakfast.” 
 
Nana ran her eyes over the three of them and quickly averted her eyes when they landed on Eunhyuk. 
 
“I’m not hungry,” she refused and turned to head up the stairs. 
 
Still embarrassed from that morning at the motel she closed the door behind her and quickly grabbed some new clothes to change into them. She couldn’t stand the shirt from yesterday and just looking at it brought her bad memories. When she finished changing and walked out she started toward her bag to toss yesterday’s clothes in them. 
 
She jumped when the door opened and Yuri looked at her. Nana looked away feeling awkward and neither of them said a word. Yuri grabbed her bag and started down the stairs. 
 
When she left Nana let out a dry sigh. 
 
“Oh…what am I going to do?” she asked herself. 
 
She was dying of embarrassment. 
 
When Nana headed back downstairs she didn’t spot Changmin in the kitchen. Good thing because her stomach was growling. 
 
“They saved you some food,” Eunhyuk told. 
 
Nana was surprised to find him at the sink. Sitting down at the table she took the covers off the bowls and turned around to go get a plate, but found Eunhyuk holding one out to her. She glanced at him curiously before taking it from him. 
 
“Yuri’s angry with Changmin, so don’t worry about it.” 
 
“Oh…” was all she was able to make out confused as to why he was even bothering to tell her. 
 
“You two…didn’t do anything?” 
 
“No,” she quickly turned around to deny before quickly looking away before her face might start flushing madly, “nothing happened.” 
 
“Ok.” was all he said before walking off. 
 
How much more embarrassing it’d be if he were to find out about what happened earlier. Nana ran a hand up her hair and closed her eyes. 
 
“You’re so stupid, stupid, stupid!” she scolded herself. “It was just a friggin spider for goodness sake!” 
 
She let out an exasperated moan. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Sitting down on the chair behind her desk she could only cover her face in frustration. It was impossible to tell what was going on in her head. Yuri felt like she was partially going crazy. She was sure she had a stronger mentality than this, but why was she seemingly so bothered by the smallest stuff recently?
 
“Because you two have a strong bond,” Victoria stated. 
 
“You two seem oblivious to your surroundings,” Victoria went on. 
 
“I’ll finish with one question,” Victoria promised, “have you ever thought of the possibility about what could happen if one of you harbors feelings for the other?” 
 
Yuri pressed a hand against her face and shut her eyes. Just why had Victoria have to go on talking about that kind of crazy stuff? Seriously! 
 
“Changmin and Nana aren’t returning tonight,” Yuri explained, “his car died, they’re soaking wet, so he decided to rent out a motel until tomorrow. I knew he wouldn’t be able to take care of himself outside.” 
 
“But…they’re still in town, isn’t it?” Eunhyuk asked after a second of silence. 
 
Yuri turned to look at him. 
 
“I don’t know why I’m being so angry,” Yuri turned away, “I’m even annoying myself.” 
 
“I don’t think Shim Changmin would do anything to her,” Eunhyuk tried. 
 
Yuri let his words sink in before she suddenly turned, “But they’re alone! A man and a woman alone in a room!” 
 
And out of all the people in the house why did she have to have that conversation with Eunhyuk? Yuri moaned helplessly struck by her own stupidity. 
 
Why did she even care that Changmin was out alone with a girl? And in a motel! The thought about the motel just made things go haywire again for her. Just thinking about the word ‘motel’ made her feel uneasy and angry. 
 
Anything! Anything could have happened between the two when they were out. Why’d she even allow them to go out alone yesterday? She should have tagged along with them to the zoo. 
 
But why was she even bothering with all these thoughts? 
 
However much as she thought of it, it kind of felt like she was seeing less of him with the others around in the house. Though it wasn’t much different without the others, she was still able to spend more time with him. 
 
Perhaps, she was going overboard with just being a friend. Changmin was right. Both he and Nana are adults and whatever he does shouldn’t matter to her. 
 
Yuri couldn’t help it, however. Since she was a kid she’d always looked at his back and when he got hurt she was the first to tend to him. What if he got hurt one day and someone else was the first to tend to him? How would she feel about it? 
 
She honestly didn’t know. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Sitting up in his bed leaning against his headboard with knees propped up he stared at the window in front of him. Rubbing his fingers at him he tried to straighten out his thoughts. No matter how much he tried he still couldn’t bring himself to understand Yuri’s crazy attitude that morning. She’d never been like that toward him…ever…
 
“But what’s the big deal about a motel?” asked Changmin confused. 
 
It wasn’t like he and Nana had done anything illegal. Again no matter how much he thought there was still no answer he could come up with. Why did Yuri bother so much with him when she liked Eunhyuk? Shouldn’t she be more worried with Eunhyuk than him? He didn’t quite get it. 
 
The ringing of his phone brought his attention back to Earth. 
 
“Hello?” he answered. “Oh…ok, I’ll be in.” 
 
Jumping up from the bed he quickly changed his clothes and headed down the stairs. He spotted Nana in the kitchen and wondered if he should talk to her. He was afraid he’d embarrassed her a bit too much that morning. And it wasn’t like he’d meant for anything to happen. 
 
Knocking on the door frame Nana turned around. She quickly averted her eyes. 
 
“You alright?” he asked. 
 
“Yea…” 
 
“Um…later…lets go somewhere later.” he suggested. 
 
Nana raised her eyebrows wondering what he had in mind. 
 
“We’ll talk about it later, ok?” he said. “I gotta get going.” 
 
He waved at her and turned around to head out. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Should she feel bad? It felt as if she’d somehow made Changmin the culprit for what happened that morning. Human beings were so difficult. 
 
Taking a step forward she paused. Should she go into the living room? If she went she’d definitely run into Donghae and his wife. What would she have to say to him? What if they asked her questions about last night? No matter how much she thought about it she still felt horribly embarrassed. 
 
Reaching a hand up she touched the collar of her t-shirt just to assure herself that it wasn’t anything low cut. She turned and headed up the stairs. Walking toward her bag she pulled out her cell phone. 
 
No matter what, she still needed to look for Kikwang. He would most likely be out in broad daylight searching for her and Donghae since he didn’t know they’d already found his wife. But if she went out, wouldn’t Donghae ask her where she was going? But he was busy taking care of his wife and he’d already seemed to have forgotten about Kikwang. Nana also didn’t want to bother him with it. 
 
Slipping her phone into her pocket she started out the door. 
 
“Where are you going?” Donghae swiveled around from his seat. 
 
“Heading out to get some air,” Nana quickly answered. 
 
“A walk sounds like a good idea,” Victoria agreed. “Should we go too?” 
 
Nana’s heart dropped. They’d want to stick together if they went out. 
 
“You can’t go out. It’s not even safe out there,” Donghae turned back to her with a whisper. 
 
“Staying in all day isn’t healthy either,” Victoria argued back. 
 
“I’ll be really quick, it’s just a walk around the block,” Nana lied. 
 
They turned back to her. Without waiting for them to say anything she started out the door. Crossing the street she stopped by the area where the drinking stall was always set up before nighttime. She was definitely sure she’d seen Kikwang around that area.