Chapter 29

You Said Remember Me II

 

Eunhyuk turned to look at Victoria who seemed to be staring at the ground now. Had he made Donghae uncomfortable by being so close to Victoria again? 
 
Victoria had missed Donghae so much during the time he was missing and he wouldn’t doubt it that Donghae missed Victoria too. With no desire to stand in their way and ruin their reunion he pressed his lips together to form a smile. Getting up he grabbed Victoria’s arm to pull her up. 
 
“Lets go in.”
 
“I don’t feel…” Victoria started. 
 
“Come on,” Eunhyuk continued smiling before sliding the door open and stepped into the kitchen. 
 
He stared back at Donghae and Yuri. It was silent. 
 
Taking on the responsibility to restore the peacefulness back, Eunhyuk told, “I’ll be up in my room.”
 
/ / / / /
 
“I’ll be upstairs as well,” Yuri smiled before turning around to walk away. 
 
Not even the refrigerator buzzed when the two were left alone. There hadn’t been an ideal reunion in mind. Victoria hadn’t thought about running toward him or hugging him tight when she first saw him. She had only known that she wanted Donghae back by her side. But even so, Victoria couldn’t bring herself to joyfully give him a hug or kiss. 
 
She stood there in front of the window staring at him. Victoria couldn’t understand the emotions running through her, but that she wanted to be alone during the moment. 
 
“Victoria, I…” he started. 
 
“Later,” she interrupted, “I don’t want to talk right now.” 
 
Walking pass him she turned up the stairs and headed for her room. 
 
/ / / / /
 
He felt helpless as she walked pass. What was wrong? Had he done something to anger her? He didn’t understand. He’d just missed her so much. 
 
Turning around he stared up the stairs and wondered if it was alright to go talk to her anyway. After a slight moment of hesitation he decided to leave her alone. Victoria probably needed some time to gather herself. She must have been shocked ever since he had gone missing. 
 
Turning to his right he suddenly remembered that Nana was there as well. Walking toward the living room he found her still sitting there alone. She was probably feeling out of place now that they were there. 
 
“Hey,” he greeted with a smile. 
 
Nana turned surprised and said with a tiny smile, “Hey.” 
 
“You ok?” 
 
She shrugged, “Well…it’s my first time staying somewhere other than home. I was thinking, maybe this is how it feels.” 
 
Donghae sat down across from her, “We’ll stay here for a few days. Until I get everything figured out first. Yuri said you can sleep with her.”
 
“I don’t know,” Nana rubbed her hands together, “maybe I’ll look for Kikwang, after all.” 
 
“Nana,” he said, “if you’re worried about Victoria and Eunhyuk, don’t worry about it. They’re not as bad as they seem right now. A lot of things are happening and they’ve been through some unhappy mishaps, they just want to be cautious.” 
 
“About me?” Nana asked. 
 
“No,” he shook his head calmly, “because they don’t know your situation yet. They’re nice people, believe me. You’ll like them once you get to know them.” 
 
“I feel like it’s inconvenient staying here, it doesn’t matter if you stay here because your wife is here, but I, on the other hand, will probably become a nuisance.”
 
“You’re not going anywhere unless I decide it,” Donghae insisted, “it’ll actually be more troublesome if you leave. Once I decide to leave, I’ll let you know first.”
 
Nana turned away from him before asking, “Is the person your wife disappeared with your friend, Eunhyuk? Is he the one with her?” 
 
He averted his eyes to the ground and nodded, “Yes.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
Yuri closed her drawer and clutched onto the extra clothes she’d dug out for Nana. Staring out into space she recalled watching Victoria pluck off the string from Eunhyuk’s shoulder and the way he had turned to look at her. 
 
“He is a bit intimidating around Victoria. Do you think they could possibly be more than ‘just friends’?”
 
Yuri allowed a laugh to escape her. 
 
“You don’t need to be worried about this,” she told herself. 
 
“Yes, I met her through Donghae,” Eunhyuk nodded, “At first he was just in charge of the case, the one where her two friends had been murdered in their apartment. Victoria had been made a suspect since she was the only one to have discovered them that morning. After the funeral, Victoria disappeared. That was before Donghae found her again in Seoul. He quickly became infatuated with her before my sister started joining the picture. I didn’t know Victoria well, but after Donghae turned away from her I felt awful because Victoria was a victim, so I befriended her. There were many unfortunate events but thanks to those we were able to become better friends.” 
 
Had a love triangle formed along the lines somewhere before Victoria married Donghae? It could have been possible. Was the relationship between the three of them more complex than it seemed? 
 
“Ah…Kwon Yuri!” she lightly drummed herself on the head. “It’s not your business.” 
 
A minute later she found herself peeking into Eunhyuk’s bedroom to find him staring out the window. What exactly was running through his mind? Was he worried about Victoria? Worried about she and Donghae would fare along? Did he have a lot to think about? 
 
Eunhyuk turned around from the window as if he were going to go somewhere but paused when he noticed her. When their eyes met for a slight second Yuri felt herself bubble up. Clearing she awkwardly smiled. 
 
“I’m about to start on lunch, is there anything specific you want?” she asked. 
 
A sigh of relief quietly escaped her. She hadn’t had anything else to say to him. 
 
He looked surprised, “I’m not picky, really.” 
 
“Oh…oh…ok,” Yuri fiercely started nodding. “Then I’m…going to go shopping for some things. And…make yourself at home. There are some fruits in the fridge if you want anything to snack on. Or take a nap while you’re bored. Oh…what am I saying, never mind.”   
 
An embarrassed laugh escaped her as she quickly turned around without waiting for his answer. Oh, she just wanted to kill herself right there and then. Why had she even come to check up on him? 
 
“Wait,” Eunhyuk called from behind. 
 
Yuri froze in spot wondering what he had to say. 
 
“Should I go with you?”
 
/ / / / /
 
“We’ll be back,” Yuri called as she walked by. 
 
Setting down a bowl of chips onto the table for Nana and Donghae Changmin looked up before frowning when she saw Yuri. 
 
“Where are you going?” he asked like a child upset that his mother wasn’t taking him out with her. 
 
“Grocery shopping.” she replied. 
 
“Yah! We still have quite a lot in the fridge.” Changmin felt his eyebrow curve unreasonably. 
 
“Shim Changmin!” Yuri scolded staring at his bowl of snacks. “You should give them something healthy to snack on! Not chips! How many times have I told you about finding the right food? You should give them something healthy.” 
 
“Then you should have gotten them something,” Changmin snarled under his breath. 
 
Yuri stared at him before saying again, “We’ll be back soon.” 
 
He watched as Yuri walked out followed by Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk? Had he missed something? Why were the two of them going out together? 
 
Changmin turned to Donghae and Nana. 
 
“I’ll be back,” he told before walking off. 
 
Searching through the fridge for the fruits Yuri had stored away he stopped and frowned. 
 
“So you’re going on a date, huh?” Changmin muttered. “Tsh…sly woman.” 
 
Pulling out the bag of fruit from the bottom he cut them up and started back toward the living room before pausing before the stairs. Glancing up he wondered why Victoria wasn’t downstairs with her husband. 
 
He glanced back into the living room before heading upstairs and slowly started for Victoria’s bedroom. Noticing that the door had been left slightly open he pushed it open to find her sitting on the bed staring out the window. 
 
She was so quiet and looked so lonely. What exactly was running through her mind? 
 
Pausing beside her he held out the bowl of fruits in front of her and watched as she turned surprised. 
 
“Have some,” he said. 
 
“Thanks,” she thanked after a moment of consideration. 
 
Sitting down on the floor by the side of the bed he turned to look around the room. 
 
“Do you want to join me?” she asked. 
 
He looked up at her. She moved over to make room for him. 
 
“It’s ok,” he felt embarrassed and excited. 
 
“It’s fine,” she urged. 
 
He debated to himself quickly before deciding it was no harm sitting next to her. Getting up from the ground he took the spot next to her on the bed. 
 
“What are you doing?” 
 
“Window gazing.” 
 
“Huh?” 
 
Victoria laughed. He stared at her blankly before joining her. 
 
“Did you cut these up?” she asked. 
 
He nodded. 
 
“They’re delicious,” she commented pushing it toward him. “Have some too.”
 
“Why aren’t you downstairs with your husband?” 
 
Victoria became silent. 
 
“Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked.” 
 
“No, it’s alright.” she told. After a moment of silence she said, “A lot of things aren’t the way we imagine them to be. I guess, I just want to be alone right now.” 
 
Changmin tried to understand her words, but found himself unable to. 
 
“I don’t understand, but maybe one day I’ll know what you’re feeling,” Changmin spoke, “but if you want to talk, you can talk to me. I’m not smart and I lack a lot, but I can listen.” 
 
Victoria turned to look at him and smiled. His heart fluttered and he could feel himself blush. She was so beautiful. If only she wasn’t married he’d probably hug her. 
 
“Aren’t you and Yuri like that?” 
 
The butterflies in his stomach died. 
 
“Like what?” 
 
“Like you expect something from the other, but things don’t turn out the way you’ve imagined it to be,” Victoria explained, “and then you just want to organize your thoughts by yourself in the end.” 
 
“What? Yuri and I?” he repeated then laughed. “Never. Not with her, I can never imagine it. She’s too bossy for anyone’s liking.” 
 
“Really?” Victoria asked with a teasing smile. “But I feel that women who can lead well like her are really charming. She’s able to step up and take the lead when no one else will. That’s what makes her likeable.” 
 
Changmin made a face and shook his head, “No.”
 
Victoria let out a small laugh. 
 
“What?” he asked unable to understand her train of thoughts. “Oh, by the way, Eunhyuk stepped out with Yuri.” 
 
“Really? Where’d they go?” 
 
“She said grocery shopping.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
Yuri pulled the cart to the side and started picking out some vegetables. When she dropped a bag of cilantro into the cart and started for the handle she was surprised when the cart started moving itself. Eunhyuk smiled at her when he reached her. 
 
“I got it, you just get whatever you need,” he offered. 
 
A wide grin appeared on her face, “Changmin never offers, now I’m glad I brought you out.” 
 
“Does that mean I shouldn’t have come out in the first place?” 
 
“Uh…” Yuri laughed suddenly aware of what she’d said, “no. It’s…never mind.” 
 
She took a few steps forward and grabbed an item off the shelf. 
 
“I’m craving for some donuts, do you want some too?” 
 
Eunhyuk raised and eyebrow and pointed his finger toward an item on the shelf. Confused Yuri frowned and glanced at the biscuits she had in hand then to the shelf where the donuts were, right next to it. Allowing an embarrassed laugh to escape her she placed it back onto the shelf. Quickly grabbing the donuts she tossed it into the cart and raced forward feeling her face become red. 

***My last update for the week!!! 

***Hehe~ Yuri and Eunhyuk moment ;D