Chapter 12

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
Heechul yawned as he unwillingly got up from bed. Who in the world would be ringing his doorbell this early in the morning? Stretching his arms out as he climbed down the stairs he found his way to the door with closed eyes. 
 
It was six in the morning and someone had thought it’d be funny to make it visiting hours. When Heechul found out who it was he’d send a fist flying their way. 
 
Pulling the door opened he said, “Who the heck do you think you are?!” 
 
Chief Kang stared back at him heaving and huffing. His eyes were red and full of pain. Without a word he pushed his way in. 
 
“Shut the door, shut the door,” he whispered urgently. 
 
Heechul closed his door and locked it suddenly surprised and shocked. 
 
“Chief…Chief?!” Heechul repeated over and over still unable to take in the fact that he was still alive. However, he put both hands on his arms when he doubled over to find that he was bleeding. “What’s going on?” 
 
“I need you to carry out a mission for me,” Chief Kang fought through his trembling body. 
 
“Hold on, I’ll call an ambulance.” Heechul told turning away. 
 
Shaking his head, he grabbed Heechul, “Listen to me. You need to find out the gang with Ren Gei. I have a few of their names…” 
 
Heechul frowned. 
 
“Donghae’s in danger, so is Victoria,” Chief Kang breathlessly informed. “You need to call the cops to get a watch on Victoria asap.” 
 
“Why?” 
 
“I’ll tell you after you do as I say,” Chief Kang clutched onto Heechul’s arm. “Then after you call the cops, call a doctor.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
Donghae’s uncle had arrived home earlier than usual. Victoria’s car was still out front and he was surprised to see that she hadn’t yet left for work. When he started toward the door he found that it was unlocked. With a frown he entered the silent home. 
 
“Victoria?” he called. 
 
No one answered him back. 
 
“Are you home?” he asked. 
 
Suddenly feeling very strange he hurried up the stairs toward the bedrooms. He discovered that his room had been randomly searched and the pictures in Donghae and Victoria’s bedroom had been set out of place from their original positions as he recalled. Heading out he discovered that the towels in the bathroom had been strewn all over the place messily. 
 
Confused he picked up the towels before coming across a pregnancy test that had been left on the counter of the sink. Then before he could do anything else the doorbell rang. 
 
“Good morning,” the police officer greeted, “does Victoria Song live here?” 
 
“Ah…yes…she does…” Donghae’s uncle replied unable to get the whole of the picture into his head. 
 
“We’ve received a message to keep watch on the house,” the police officer explained. 
 
“Excuse me?” 
 
“We’ve received a message to keep watch on the house,” he repeated. 
 
Donghae’s uncle suddenly began transmitting half the picture into his head, “I’m Lee Donghae’s uncle, I was out on a business trip this past week and just returned. No one was in when I came home, Victoria should be at school where she works, but she wasn’t home when I returned. The rooms were searched…” 
 
/ / / / /
 
Eunhyuk yawned and turned over in his sleep as the ringing of his phone started going off. He moaned annoyed and could hear Melodix barking from the side. Heaving a loud heavy sigh he reached for his phone lazily. 
 
“Hello?” 
 
“Eunhyuk, it’s me,” Donghae’s uncle’s frantic voice entered Eunhyuk’s ears. 
 
Eunhyuk immediately awoke and sat up. The window from the side told him that it was early morning. 
 
“I only got back today, what’s going on? Why are they telling me Donghae’s dead?” 
 
Eunhyuk’s mouth dropped open. He didn’t know what to say…but why was he calling when Victoria could have told him? 
 
“The police arrived today with a message to keep watch on the house, I don’t know what’s going on,” Donghae’s uncle professed lost, “Victoria’s missing. Her car’s still home, the door was unlocked, and the rooms were searched.” 
 
Eunhyuk felt his heart skip a beat. 
 
“None of the neighbors saw her leave the house, what’s going on, Eunhyuk?” 
 
Was ‘What’s going on’ the point of the conversation? Eunhyuk clumsily wondered to himself before getting back on track. The fact that stunned him the most came out of his mouth in question form. 
 
“Victoria’s….missing?” Eunhyuk asked shocked. 
 
“Eunhyuk…I also discovered a pregnancy test on the sink counter,” Donghae’s uncle continued, “and it’s a positive. How could Victoria go missing? Did something happen to her?”
 
“Uncle…wait for me, I’ll be right over,” Eunhyuk told before jumping out of bed. 
 
Victoria was missing? Impossible…she’d just called him last night…maybe he should have gone over even when she opposed it…
 
Concern, confusion, and despair sunk into his heart so heavily. 
 
A police car sat at the curb just outside Donghae’s house when Eunhyuk arrived. His uncle was standing in the living room restlessly. 
 
“Eunhyuk!” Donghae’s uncle called when he approached. 
 
He reached out for Eunhyuk like a father would to a son. 
 
“What do you mean Victoria’s gone?” 
 
“I checked the caller ID, there was a phone call from a phone number I don’t recognize. The police are currently tracking the number down,” Donghae’s uncle explained. “Where’s Donghae? Why isn’t he here?” 
 
Eunhyuk turned away. He was so troubled. 
 
“Hello!” a bright voice greeted interrupting them. 
 
Eunhyuk and Donghae’s uncle turned to see Kim Heechul heading their way. The camera he often carried around was no where present around his neck and Eunhyuk wondered why. 
 
“Hello, sir, we’ve met before at Donghae’s wedding. I’m criminal photographer, Kim Heechul.” 
 
“Ah…yes…hello.” Donghae’s uncle shook his hand. 
 
Heechul turned to face Eunhyuk, “Rest assure, uncle, everything will be alright. I have to take Eunhyuk somewhere with me. Should we go?” 
 
“Where are we going?” Eunhyuk asked when they started off onto the road. “What’s going on?” 
 
“Calm down,” Heechul told from the driver’s seat, “I’m about to go insane as well.” 
 
Eunhyuk frowned. He was unable to rest his mind at peace when so much was happening all at once. It hadn’t been long since Donghae’s disappearance and already Victoria was missing. None of it made sense. 
 
Kim Heechul stopped his car in front of his two storied house and led Eunhyuk inside. Unable to be mesmerized by the grand home due to so much distress, Eunhyuk followed without a word.  Heechul led him up the winding white stairs to a guest bedroom. Once Heechul opened the door a wave of dramatic shock and happiness shot through Eunhyuk when he spotted Chief Kang lying in bed with an IV drip attached to him. 
 
“Chief Kang!” Eunhyuk screamed running forward. 
 
Chief Kang raised up his uninjured hand to greet him. 
 
“Oh my god! You’re alive!” Eunhyuk wanted to hug him but was unsure of how to do so. “Then does that mean Donghae…” 
 
“He’s alive,” Chief Kang nodded. 
 
Happiness caught his voice in his throat before a gazillion other questions came hurdling themselves toward him. 
 
“What…happened?” 
 
“Ren Gei is out and he has company,” Chief Kang started then switched the subject, “I heard Victoria’s missing.” 
 
Eunhyuk’s happy smile disappeared. 
 
“The two of them are currently in danger,” Heechul cut in, “we’ll start searching for them as soon as I can locate the group members.” 
 
“Can’t you start searching for them now?” Eunhyuk turned around to look at Heechul.   
 
“I wish it was that easy,” Heechul honestly confessed, “but we don’t know where to start. They could be anywhere, to save time, we must accurately discover their locations first. Where the gang is, who they are, what they are up to, we must find out at least this much before we start making a move. If we start moving recklessly without solid information, Victoria and Lee Donghae could lose their lives.” 
 
Eunhyuk felt his heart sink. “Then what do we do?” 
 
“You, just remain still,” Heechul pointed out, “I’m in charge now that Lee Donghae’s not here and Chief Kang is injured.” 
 
Eunhyuk looked away from him. 
 
As his gaze landed on the floor, Heechul finished, “We’re informing you, so that at least you’ll know Lee Donghae isn’t dead and understand the situation going on here. Let his uncle know as well, that he isn’t dead. I would have liked to tell Victoria, but the picture has changed. If anything happens, report to me first before going to the cops.” 
 
A slight moment passed by and Eunhyuk grabbed Heechul’s arm, “Victoria…you need to find her first. It’s important that she’s found first…please.” 
 
Heechul gave him a confused stare. 
 
“If she’s in danger as we all think she is…we need to find her before Donghae,” Eunhyuk said.
 
“What are you saying?” 
 
Eunhyuk pressed his lips together before swallowing uneasily, “Victoria’s pregnant.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
When everyone had gone silent, Yong Jo crossed his arms and turned around to peer into the backseat. 
 
“!” he loudly swore. 
 
“What the is your problem now?” Leo questioned from the front. 
 
“She’s missing, she’s missing!” Yong Jo unbuckled his seat belt. 
 
“What?!” Leo asked. 
 
Pulling the car to the side of the road he turned around. 
 
Young Ae snorted in her seat, “Because someone seemingly made a big deal. She must have gotten out when you were getting fired up.” 
 
“And who’s fault was that?!” Leo questioned. 
 
“Quit it before I shoot one of you,” Eui Tae threatened. “Lets go back. She couldn’t have gotten far.”