Chapter 64

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
The fresh hallway greeted her when she stepped outside of Changmin’s room. She had never known for her thoughts to be so strong that they nearly penetrated her inside. Shutting her eyes she ran a hand over her face and felt her heated forehead. Crap, she was probably growing sick because of the damn rain. Nana hated her weak immune system. 
 
She walked over to the elevator and got on only to look up when Eunhyuk stepped into it beside her. Nana had forgotten about him.
 
The doors shut close. Nana turned her gaze to the ground and gulped. Neither said a word until they stopped by the front doors which automatically slid open for them. Once Nana stepped through she noticed the pouring rain coming down quick and fast. 
 
“There’s a soju tent near the inn,” Eunhyuk spoke. “Lets grab a bite there first.” 
 
Nana nodded quietly and her eyes grew big when she felt Eunhyuk press himself to her side. 
 
“We better run,” Eunhyuk suggested and she looked up to see the sweater he was holding above their heads. 
 
Of course, if it weren’t to protect them both from getting wet he wouldn’t even approach her. 
 
Together they dashed through the rain and each time their arms rubbed against each other Nana felt her heart pick up its pace. 
 
Within a few minutes they reached the soju tent and Eunhyuk separated from her. They walked over to a table and she drowsily sat down. Her head was spinning and she suddenly felt her fatigue kick in.
 
“Ahjumma! Two bowls of soup here!” Eunhyuk called over to the woman in a red apron. 
 
They were served the next second and as the scent of food floated up to her nose Nana woke up. Grabbing her spoon she ate hungrily. 
 
“So…Changmin…is he important to you?” Eunhyuk asked breaking the silent barrier between them. 
 
She looked up from her bowl of soup. 
 
“I don’t know why you would forsake yourself for a person just so his friend can get together with another person.” 
 
Nana clenched her teeth. 
 
“Don’t act like that.” 
 
She stared at him for a long time unsure if it was anger that was growing inside her or if it was gratefulness for his damn advice. 
 
“Maybe I would have ended it if you did what you should have,” Nana spat before getting up. 
 
Honestly, for once she didn’t want to hear anything that had to do with Changmin at the moment. Changmin’s parents, Yuri, and the injured Changmin swarmed inside her head as well as her lack of a family and friends. 
 
A raindrop punched her in the forehead when she stepped out and randomly started down the walk. She was angry, she was blowing up. This anger was all caused by her, but she felt like punching someone and that only person available was Eunhyuk. It wouldn’t be so wrong to hurt him when it was he who first hurt her and gave her physical wounds. Her anger would cause nothing but only emotional holes in him. 
 
Who gave a damn at the moment? 
 
A hand grasped her arm and twisted her around. Nana was intent on pulling back but he didn’t let go. His grasp was so strong. Eunhyuk tugged her toward him, but paused and slipped his sweater around her shoulders before continuing to drag her to wherever it was he was headed.
 
Nana pulled, tried to pry his hand off her, twisted her arm in his hold, but was helpless. Eunhyuk was determined on keeping his hold on her. A moment later she noticed a long building and before she realized it they were walking along a wooden deck. She twisted her head to look at all the doors around her. At first she was confused but she caught on. 
 
This was where they were staying for 3 days. Her and Eunhyuk, just the two of them. 
 
At the number 1100 the door opened and Eunhyuk pulled her inside. She tried her best not to trip over her own feet. When the door closed behind her she glanced at Eunhyuk’s hand which still grasped her arm and pressed her lips together. She was burning. 
 
At long last he finally let her go and watched as he spread out the met for her and tossed a pillow at the top. 
 
“You’re heating up,” he stood, “and you look like a panda.”
 
Her heart burned. 
 
“Get some sleep.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Who were those two? Are they close friends of yours?” Changmin’s mother questioned Yuri. 
 
Yuri nodded. 
 
“There are two other friends who are staying with us,” Yuri explained. “It’s getting kind of late, I’ll drive you two back to the house for the night and you can return in the morning.” 
 
“That sounds good,” Changmin’s mother breathed a sigh of relief. “Changmin, are you ok staying on your own?” 
 
He raised his hand up, “I’ll be fine.” 
 
Yuri glanced at him without a word. 
 
“Should we go?” 
 
“Yuri,” Changmin called. “Can I talk to you for a sec?” 
 
“We’ll be outside,” Changmin’s father smiled with an arm around his wife’s shoulders. 
 
When the door closed Yuri turned back to her childhood friend. What did he need to say to her?
 
“You ok?” Changmin asked. 
 
Yuri felt surprised with his question. Was she ok? Like what kind of ok?
 
Instead she nodded. 
 
“You really ok with Eunhyuk staying alone with Nana?” 
 
Yuri winced at the question. Not that it had to do with Eunhyuk, but that Changmin had asked her about him.
 
“It’s no problem. I’m strangely ok with it.” 
 
“Really…” it wasn’t a question. 
 
“Changmin, are you ok with it?” Yuri asked her heart beat increasing by the second. 
 
She hoped it was a yes. It shouldn’t bother him at all that Nana and Eunhyuk were together this very second, the moment they’d walked out of the door. 
 
“I asked her to stay the night with me, but she refused.” 
 
Yuri pressed her lips together. 
 
“It’s not like Eunhyuk would touch her,” Yuri turned her head away. 
 
How had Changmin asked Nana to stay the night with him? What was wrong with him? 
 
“Right,” Changmin agreed. “Thanks for taking care of my parents.” 
 
“Later,” Yuri waved a hand as she turned around and walked out trying to be as cold toward him as possible. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Eunhyuk sat by Nana, not too close to her, but near her. Her eyes had clamped shut and she’d drifted off into slumber the moment her head hit the pillow. He didn’t think she was that fatigued, but it turned out she was that fatigued. 
 
The lights were off. Nothing but the moon shone in from the thin window overhead. 
 
As quiet as the room was he was comforted by listening to her breathing. Every so often he would brush his hand to her forehead just to see if she was burning up. Luckily, she wasn’t. 
 
Leaning his head against the wall he sighed and shut his eyes for a few seconds and opened them in alarm when he heard her shift from where she was laying. When he turned he found that she was trying to sit up and when she did, she ran a hand up to her eyes. 
 
For a long time, neither moved. 
 
Finally, Nana let a loud sigh escape her as if something had been bothering her real bad. He watched her wondering if she was awake or if she was just sleep walking or something. Her eyes hadn’t opened even a centimeter. 
 
She seemed to fall forward and Eunhyuk moved away from the wall just in case he needed to catch her before her face would slam into the ground. However, Nana’s hands stopped her body from lurking forward. She silently breathed heavily for a few seconds and he only realized when she lifted her head up that he was a little too close to her. 
 
Her cheek brushed the nape of his neck past his face. Pressing his lips into a stern line he watched as she leaned her head against his shoulder for a few seconds and finally raised her head. 
 
“Why do you…keep making me waver?” she asked putting a hand against his face. 
 
She drew in a long sigh as her face flushed red. 
 
He honestly couldn’t tell if she was sleep talking or if she were really awake. During the moment she rubbed his face tenderly with her thumb he swore that he could hear his heart beating like a drum in his ears. 
 
What was she doing? 
 
Nana’s eyes opened quarter of the way and he thought for sure that she was looking at him. 
 
“Shim…Changmin…” the name came out of so breath takingly. 
 
The world stopped spinning and the clock on the wall stopped ticking. 
 
Silence.
 
Eunhyuk’s pursed lips fell apart and he pursed them back together. 
 
Changmin? Had she really just called him what he thought she did? 
 
Something snapped within him and he cupped her face into his hands. Abruptly leaning forward he pressed his lips against hers and kissed away. After a few seconds he leaned back a little staring into her closed lids. She opened them quarter of the way again and glanced at him. Very slowly, as if animated, she wrapped both her hands around his wrists and leaned forward to kiss him. 
 
He stilled, froze. It felt good. Honestly, he liked it. Without another thought he drew her closer and returned the deep kisses he was receiving. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Donghae closed the door and joined Victoria under the sheets. 
 
“They’re not too bad. At least they’re not the nosy type of parents.” Donghae commented. 
 
“You mean like your relatives.” Victoria corrected. 
 
Donghae didn’t respond to her joke. 
 
Instead he said, “How do you think they’re doing?” 
 
“Eunhyuk and Nana?” Victoria asked. 
 
“They probably haven’t talked,” Victoria guessed, “or if they did, then they’ll probably end up giving each other short answers.”
 
“You think so?” 
 
“Then what do you think?” 
 
“He’s bound to annoy her.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana awoke the next morning with a slight headache. The blanket currently covering her slid down from her chest and landed at her waist. Turning her head to look at the enclosed room she realized that the sun was shining in. 
 
Shifting back to stare at the wall in front she raised a hand to scratch her silky hair. That was when her eyes landed on the sweater Eunhyuk had forced her to wear yesterday. Tilting her head toward the ceiling like a lost child she recalled getting angry with him a the soju tent before being dragged toward the inn. 
 
Then her memory blanked out from there…
 
Had she fallen asleep right away? Or perhaps she’d done something else?
 
Digging back into the closet of her mind she thought she’d seen Changmin last night and they’d kissed…
 
Her face burned from the blurry memory. It must have been a dream if she couldn’t correctly recall it. Yes, it had to be a dream. 
 
Planting her hand against the ground to help hoist herself up, she paused when her fingers brushed against some type of soft fabric. Glancing down she noticed Eunhyuk lying on the ground, his back to her. Nana’s eyes swerved over to the bundle of blanket, pillow, and the folded mat at the opposite end of the room. 
 
Why would Eunhyuk had chosen to sleep on the hard ground instead? 
 
Curious to whether he was still sleeping or not, she leaned over placing her hand on the opposite side of him, and leaned over. Her hair slipped over her shoulder and she saw that Eunhyuk was sleeping. 
 
She thought she’d seen Changmin last night and they’d kissed…
 
Nana’s eyes seemingly drifted toward Eunhyuk’s pink lips and tightened her lips together. Changmin was in the hospital still suffering from shoulder pain and the only man she’d been with last night was Eunhyuk, but they couldn’t have done anything. She’d passed out immediately from fatigue last night. 
 
Eunhyuk’s eyes opened and blinked a few times before suddenly turning to stare up at her. Nana stared right back at him as if trying to affirm the swirling questions blocking her mind from thinking of anything else. She thought she saw him blush a bit before she jerked her hand back and sat back down on the mat. 
 
No matter how she willed herself to turn away, she didn’t. Nana’s eyes traced every movement of his as he slid up to sit against the wall. It was a long moment of silence, as usual, between them before he turned to her. 
 
“You sleep well?” he asked shooting her a glance before turning to the floor. 
 
Feeling nervous for some reason Nana croaked a reply. 
 
“I’m going to go sit outside for a bit.” Eunhyuk got up and all she heard was the door closing softly signaling his leave. 

***kekeke at EunNa! Like finally an intimate moment! xDDD I have more coming up for you :DD