Chapter 32

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
After finishing his plate, Changmin leaned back into his seat lazily, “What do we do now? We should go out since it’s the weekend.” 
 
“Go out?” Yuri asked getting up from her chair to gather the empty plates. 
 
Victoria got up to help as well. 
 
“No, no, you sit, I got this,” Yuri offered.
 
“I can help you,” Nana got up from her chair. 
 
Yuri smiled at the young girl before turning to Changmin, “I don’t know if that’s such a good idea, but what do you want to do once you get out?” 
 
“I don’t know,” Changmin shrugged, “we could walk around here and there, stop around for some snacks, and just come back since it’s going to be hard staying out long anyway. Right?” 
 
Changmin turned to the others for their opinions. 
 
“It doesn’t matter,” Eunhyuk replied when Changmin grabbed his eyes. 
 
“Eunhyuk says it’s fine, Yuri!” Changmin shouted. 
 
Yuri bit her lips from in front of the sink and Nana turned to look at her curiously. 
 
“Shim Changmin, you’re so dead!” Yuri shouted before turning around. 
 
“I’ll be getting ready in my room,” Changmin excused himself before bolstering up the stairs. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana found herself walking awkwardly in the middle of the couples as they headed down the street. Changmin and Yuri were behind her, Donghae and Victoria in front, with Eunhyuk a few steps ahead of her. As she found herself staring at his back she could obviously feel the cold aura he was giving off. And it was easy to see that he didn’t want to talk to her. 
 
She watched as he engaged into conversations with the others, but not once had he turned to her. Nana couldn’t help but feel like an outcast, a lost dog that had suddenly joined a crew of wild dogs she didn’t belong with. 
 
“Spicy rice cakes!” Changmin suddenly shouted. 
 
Nana turned to see him run pass and stop before the street vendor. 
 
“Did you bring money? You didn’t bring money, did you?” she could hear Yuri scolding him from behind. 
 
“Well, you can buy for me,” Changmin said, his mouth already full with the food. 
 
“Do you want to eat some?” she saw Donghae asking Victoria. 
 
Heading toward the bench nearby Victoria shook her head as she sat down. She watched as Donghae talked to her with a hand on her shoulder before looking around and heading toward a convenience store nearby. Once he crossed the street, Eunhyuk headed toward her. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Are you feeling unwell?” Eunhyuk questioned worried. 
 
“I’m fine,” Victoria denied. 
 
“Maybe you should go see the doctor again,” Eunhyuk suggested. 
 
“I’m just thirsty, Eunhyuk,” Victoria stated. 
 
“You…have you told Donghae, yet?” 
 
Victoria looked away then back to him shaking her head no. He was surprised and yet he wasn’t surprised. It was just like her. 
 
“Why? You should have already told him.”
 
“Well….I…it’s just…” Victoria stumbled her own words struggling to work her feelings into an understandable sentence. 
 
He waited for her to go on. 
 
“I’ll tell him, I will,” Victoria promised before looking away, “do you want to sit?” 
 
Eunhyuk frowned wondering who she was speaking to and turned around to see Nana standing afar. He’d forgotten about her. 
 
“No,” she shook her head. 
 
He turned back to Victoria. 
 
“Is it something that’s bothering you?” Eunhyuk was beginning to wonder if it had something to do with Nana. 
 
“What are you two talking about?” Donghae suddenly joined in. 
 
Eunhyuk stepped back to let Donghae through. 
 
“Here,” he took off the cap to the water bottle and handed it to Victoria. “Are you ok?” 
 
“Of course,” Victoria answered with a grin after taking a sip of the water. 
 
Eunhyuk turned away from her and glanced down the street. All the noise around him drowned with the background music of traffic. Turning back around he watched as Donghae playfully pinched Victoria’s cheek before talking to her about something else. 
 
Now that Donghae was here, was there any more reason for him to continue staying?  
 
/ / / / /
 
“Then eat to your heart’s content!” Yuri snapped before turning around. 
 
She immediately spotted Eunhyuk before her gaze turned to Victoria and Donghae. Was he seemingly envious of them? 
 
“What are you staring at?” Changmin questioned from behind. “Eunhyuk?” 
 
Yuri turned to him with a glare. 
 
“Eunhyuk!” Changmin shouted waving his arm about. “We should call Nana over too. Nana! Come, lets eat!” 
 
Eunhyuk walked over reluctantly and Changmin handed him a cup of the food. 
 
“Is Victoria ok?” Yuri asked. 
 
“She said she’s just thirsty,” Eunhyuk replied. 
 
Yuri glanced at him.
 
“She hasn’t told Donghae yet,” Eunhyuk said, “so don’t say anything.”
 
“Is Victoria mad at Donghae?” 
 
“No, they’re fine,” Eunhyuk smiled. 
 
“What are you two whispering about over there?” Changmin broke into their conversation. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana turned away from them and ate the rest of the spicy rice cake. It was obvious Donghae’s friend was totally into his wife. If that wasn’t what he was showing then Nana didn’t know what else to say. 
 
She wanted to leave. She’d rather join up with Kikwang than stay with the group. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Victoria inhaled and closed her eyes ready for sleep that night. Three short weeks were coming to feel like a whole year to her. All she wanted to do now was return to their real bedroom and sleep all day. 
 
“What are you doing?” she asked through closed eyes. 
 
“Staring,” Donghae replied lying on his side. 
 
“There’s nothing to look at.” 
 
“There is, my wife.” 
 
She opened her eyes and turned to look at him but before she was given the chance to say anything he leaned over and kissed her. 
 
“I want to kiss you all week,” he smiled giving her another and another kiss. 
 
“Tsh…” Victoria pushed him away. “Come on, just sleep.” 
 
He moved in toward her and hugged her. 
 
“My adorable wife,” he said, “everything’s so different from when we first met.” 
 
“Ok, I know,” Victoria mumbled already falling asleep. 
 
“But you know, no matter what happens, we’re still married.” 
 
“Ok, good night.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
Unable to toss or turn afraid that she’d wake up Yuri, Nana remained staring up at the ceiling overhead. Turning her face to the side she took a glance at Yuri was sleeping calmly. How long was it alright for her to stay? She didn’t need to be protected like Donghae’s wife. She wasn’t in danger. She just wanted revenge. Besides, no one wanted to befriend her. 
 
She’d go out and find Kikwang then the two would hunt down the gang together. Yes, that’s what she’d do the next day. However, deciding that she was unable to sleep and that she wanted some air she got out of bed and headed downstairs. 
 
When she reached the bottom of the stairs and started around the corner she halted and felt her heart jump. The shadow in the kitchen alarmed her for a second before she realized that it was just someone sitting at the kitchen table with a glass of water. 
 
It took her a few moments more to recognize the figure. When Eunhyuk turned her way, Nana took a step forward wondering if she should head back up, or go outside and sit down and play it cool. After a moment Eunhyuk turned away and quietly stared into space again. 
 
What was wrong with him? 
 
Still hesitating about whether to move forward or not Nana remained in place. Something screeched against the ground and Nana watched Eunhyuk scoot his chair back before getting up. He walked toward her quietly without a word bringing with him an air of mysteriousness. Eunhyuk walked by without a word and Nana watched as he headed up the stairs. 
 
For some reason she wanted to go after him, but her feet didn’t move. Finally turning away she walked into the kitchen and stared at the glass of water he’d left behind on the table. 
 
What had he been thinking about that he’d gotten up so late at night to sit alone? 

***Sorry guys for the lack of updates. I'm suffering from quite a bit of writer's block right now TT.TT I'll try to update soon since I am on break right now.