Chapter 72

You Said Remember Me II

 

/ / / / /
 
Eunhyuk opened the door the next morning to find Donghae and Victoria. He cocked an eyebrow at them. 
 
“What are you doing here?” he asked. 
 
“Breakfast,” Donghae smiled. “Where’s Nana?” 
 
Eunhyuk shuffled to the side as Donghae forcefully made his way inside to find Nana rolling up her mat. 
 
“Nana, lets go eat,” Donghae energetically called. 
 
Nana twisted her body around, “I don’t feel like having breakfast. I kind of want to stay in today.” 
 
Eunhyuk glanced at her and wondered if something was wrong. That was he before he felt Victoria’s eyes on him. He turned to look at her and found her smile at him. All he could do was frown at her. 
 
“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” Donghae started, “missing breakfast is sinful.” 
 
He reached a hand out to take her arm, but Nana skillfully dodged. Her reluctance to accept his kindness surprised him. Nana hadn’t been so stubborn lately. 
 
“Then…why don’t you bring back something for me?” Nana suggested after seeing his face expression.
 
Eunhyuk turned to look at her again unsure why Nana seemed a bit down. 
 
“Alright,” Donghae gave in. “We’ll bring back something for you. Then…wait here, ok?” 
 
Nana nodded. He turned around and strutted outside with Eunhyuk and Victoria. 
 
“Did something happen?” Donghae asked outside. 
 
“If you’re wondering if I did something, I didn’t,” Eunhyuk slightly turned to apprehend him. 
 
Donghae made a face. 
 
“Maybe she’s just not feeling well,” Victoria suggested. 
 
/ / / / /
 
When the door closed, Nana shut her eyes and leaned against the folded up mat. The beating of her heart felt strained and painful. 
 
“I’m sorry, Nana.”
 
The words seemed to hurt so bad. Oh, how she wished she wasn’t so alone sometimes. Would it be alright to just give up everything and head back home? Stepping back into a place that knew her inside out would perhaps help make her feel better. She missed being in a place like that. It had felt so long since someone knew her so well. 
 
Nana let out a long sigh and opened her eyes again. 
 
/ / / / /
 
They returned back to the inn shortly after a meal and brought Nana the food Donghae had promised. They suggested heading to the hospital together, but Nana had refused the invite strangely. In the end, after minutes of trying to get her to go they let her be and left the place bringing Eunhyuk with them. 
 
Victoria felt concerned. She was now starting to think that whatever had happened between her and Eunhyuk was probably more serious than she’d thought it was. She wondered, though, if she tried to talk to the girl, who confined herself to no one but herself, would she answer her questions? 
 
They found Yuri with Changmin’s parents at the hospital that morning. They had packed food and fruits with them. 
 
“I made some herbal drinks for you and your baby. I stored them in the fridge to keep them cool. You should warm them up before drinking them,” Changmin’s mother informed her. “It’s such a shame that we’re leaving in the afternoon. It was so great meeting you all.” 
 
She gave a long sigh of disappointment. 
 
“If only Changmin didn’t beg, then I probably would have stayed the whole week,” she rolled her eyes. 
 
“I didn’t beg,” Changmin muttered. 
 
“Oh please,” his mother belittled, “then what was with what you said?” 
 
Victoria raised her eyebrow curious to know what he’d said. 
 
“Mom,” Changmin whined. 
 
She laughed, “Alright.” She turned to Yuri, “Thanks for letting us stay at your house. I’m sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you.” 
 
“You didn’t,” Yuri smiled, “it was great having you two over. I’ll make sure Changmin keeps his promise and comes back to see you two often.” 
 
“I’m pretty sure you will,” Changmin’s father piped in. 
 
Yuri sent them off after lunch. 
 
“Where’s Nana?” Changmin asked after Yuri and his parents left the room. 
 
“She said she wasn’t feel great and wanted to stay behind,” Victoria replied. “You excited to be discharged?” 
 
“Of course,” Changmin nodded enthusiastically. “But…how is Nana? Is she really sick? She always came no matter what.” 
 
“She’s ok.” 
 
“Then why didn’t she come?” 
 
Victoria opened to answer, but Donghae cut in, “She said she wanted to be alone.” 
 
“Be alone?” Changmin repeated as if it offended him. 
 
Victoria felt his gaze fly over to Eunhyuk. 
 
“Why? How is she not feeling well? Are you sure nothing’s bothering her?” Changmin worried. 
 
“I’m pretty sure she’s ok,” Victoria tried. “Besides, she’ll be back at the house later. Don’t worry about it.” 
 
Changmin looked at her, his face still full of unreasonable worries. Yet, Victoria couldn’t quite help but wonder how Nana was really feeling inside. 
 
The opening of the door surprised her. She turned to find Yuri reentering the room. She looked back at them wondering if something was wrong. 
 
“Your parents left,” Yuri told. 
 
“Yuri,” Changmin called. 
 
Victoria watched Yuri turn to him with all the attention she had. 
 
“Can you take Nana to the house?” Changmin asked. 
 
Yuri’s eyebrows slightly lifted itself up. She seemed surprised by the sudden mention of Nana. Victoria couldn’t be sure if she saw some disappointment climb into her eyes. 
 
“They said she’s not feeling well,” Changmin informed, “and I…don’t want her to be alone over there. The house has an alarm, I’d rather her be home.” 
 
“O…oh…” Yuri sounded. 
 
Victoria wasn’t sure if she had the right to speak in the middle of their conversation, if it could be considered one at all. 
 
“Please,” Changmin added one last plea. 
 
Yuri gave in and nodded, “Sure, I’ll do it.” 
 
Victoria watched as she walked out. How did she want to interpret the situation? 
 
She shifted in spot and turned to look at Eunhyuk who looked troubled and lost in thought. There was just so many questions in her head. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana’s head jolted up in surprise with the knock at the door. She hadn’t expected anyone to return so soon. Getting up to her feet, she opened the door to find Yuri standing there. 
 
“Hey,” Yuri greeted with her soft, kind smile. “Want to get your things?” 
 
“Huh?” Nana raised her eyebrows. 
 
“Changmin’s parents have gone back home, you can go back to the house now.” Yuri said. “I’ll give you a ride to the house.” 
 
Nana took another glance at Yuri before turning around and started toward her bag. When she picked it up, Eunhyuk’s bag came into view and she debated about whether she should take it as well. In the end, she took it. 
 
The ride back to the house was quiet, neither spoke. They stopped at a couple of red lights at the many intersections they passed by. Glancing out at the sun as it wavered by made Nana feel even more empty as a person. Slowly, bit by bit, the questions began to sink in. 
 
Why was she still alive? Who was she living for? What was she still doing in Osan? Where were her brother’s killers? Why hadn’t she done anything so far? Why was she putting herself in her current situation and sticking with it? In all truth, she should have gone out on her own and dealt with it all on her own.
 
By staying at the house, familiarizing herself with people she didn’t know was pretty much wasting her own time. Where had her stubborn self gone? Why had she turned mellow and lost in despair like this? 
 
Nana didn’t understand herself. 
 
The car came to a stop in the driveway and Nana stepped out almost absentmindedly. 
 
What was she doing here? Why was she playing such a game with Changmin? Why was she mixing herself up with Eunhyuk? Why was she crying over a man she barely knew? Why…just why? 
 
Carrying her bag into the familiar house that she refused to let be her second home, she climbed up the stairs, and entered Yuri’s room - not her room. It wasn’t her place. It wasn’t her home that knew her inside out. It wasn’t the home that offered her bliss and peace. It didn’t offer her the comfort she wanted. It wasn’t the place that could bring her back her brother or anything of her brother. Junsu’s room wasn’t in that house. She was in a home that would forever make her feel alone. 
 
Nana sunk down onto the bed and felt her eyes droop toward the ground. She felt mentally exhausted from fighting her own emotions. She felt exhausted from thinking of the words “I’m sorry, Nana”. She was tired from the Changmin - Yuri - Eunhyuk affair. She shouldn’t have gotten herself involved with them at all. 
 
“Nana,” Yuri stepped into the room. “Changmin said you’re not feeling well. Do you want some medicine?” 
 
Nana closed her eyes in hopes that she wouldn’t just break down and cry. For a long moment, she didn’t hear any movement. 
 
Finally, Yuri edged forward. 
 
“Lets talk.” Nana said, her voice shaky. 
 
Yuri silently sat near her. Nana wondered if she was nervous as well. 
 
“What’s wrong?” Yuri asked. 
 
“That day…I heard you confess to Eunhyuk,” Nana couldn’t lift her eyes up, “then Changmin asked me to help him to get you and Eunhyuk together. He only wanted to do it by showing you that he could take care of himself. I’m sorry, all along, we’ve been lying.” 
 
Yuri stared at her. 
 
“I realized in the middle of our scheme that Changmin only cares about you,” Nana went on, her stomach jumping its own hurdles making her feel sick to the core. It pained her for some reason to finally admit now all the things she knew. “I didn’t know what to do…there was you and Eunhyuk…and Changmin at the side. I’m so sorry.” 
 
Yuri frowned, her own heart drumming itself in her ears as if it were accompanying some sort of ritual. 
 
“Changmin is worried about you…” Yuri’s voice sunk. 
 
Nana fiercely shook her head in denial. Yuri stiffened. Her eyes narrowed when Nana slowly reached up a hand and slid her hair away from her neck toward her back. The slightly faded mark on her neck, but still very visible made Yuri widen her eyes. 
 
She glanced at Nana’s worn eyes full of hopelessness. Yuri’s lips parted. 
 
“I’m sorry.” 
 
“I just…don’t want them to spend another night together at that place alone.” 
 
Yuri only realized then that Nana’s face was streaming with tears. She watched the young girl wipe away the moist droplets with her hands, but it didn’t seem to be helping. 
 
“I…like him,” Nana told before shaking her head. “But he…doesn’t feel the same way.”
 
Nana’s hands were helplessly wet. There was a lump in and she could feel her nose clogging up. 
 
“Usually…when the other party doesn’t care they feel very cold…but it felt like he was sincere. I thought maybe…just maybe he might feel the same way,” Nana cried, “but he doesn’t.” 
 
A hesitated cry escaped Nana and before she knew it she was crying like a baby. Finally, for once, she really wanted to go home now. And finally, she wouldn’t mind ditching the gang for the comfort of her home. She wouldn’t mind forgetting about revenge. 
 
Comfort seethed through her when she felt Yuri wrap her arms around her and press her head into her shoulder. Perhaps, some day soon it would all be alright. But now, she just wanted to go home. 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana had fallen into a slight slumber when Yuri left the house. Her mind was now in a deep fog. Surprisingly, she felt like having a drink during daytime. 
 
That forlorn expression on Nana’s face sent guilt flying through her veins. That fragile girl had broken after so much emotional and mental pressure. Yuri hadn’t realized that the tension building up around them had affected her so. She hadn’t realized anything at all. 
 
She felt like smacking herself. How could she have let her own emotions distract her from all other responsibilities she should have withheld? No matter what, she should have looked after Nana even if Eunhyuk and Changmin had been inclining their feelings toward her. But after all Nana had said, Yuri didn’t know what to believe anymore. 
 
The things she saw? Or the things she felt? 
 
Leaving the parking lot of the hospital she started in through the doors and up the elevator. 
 
Yuri felt so electrified with guilt. What was she to do? In what way could she help Nana get back to her feet? How could she fully connect to her and understand the things she was going through? 
 
She paused by Changmin’s room and leaned against the wall. Slumping down to the floor she glanced around the empty hallway. 
 
What were Eunhyuk’s real feelings now that she knew Changmin’s? How could she have allowed Changmin to pull Nana along and made her carry so many burdens? How could she have allowed any misunderstanding to take place when she obviously could have taken care of it? How could someone like her…cause this mess? How could she make Nana break like that? 
 
Yuri put a hand up to her forehead and closed her eyes for a moment of peace. She didn’t need Nana’s apologies. They only struck her heart with more and more guilt. 
 
Why didn’t she confront Changmin about his feelings, her feelings when she could have? Why did she leave Eunhyuk being so introverted? Why did Eunhyuk do what he did? 
 
The door opened and someone immediately halted, “Yuri, what are you doing?” 
 
Yuri opened her eyes and looked up to find Donghae looking down at her. Figuring that she had no choice but to get to her feet, she stood. 
 
“You were gone for a while,” Donghae commented. “Is everything alright?” 
 
Yuri nodded reluctantly and walked into the room. Changmin shot his eyes her way immediately. Yuri couldn’t bring herself to look at him. She couldn’t look at anyone with the way she was feeling.   
 

***Finally! Nana grows tired and gives it all up! This will hopefully bring Yuri closer to Nana in the process of putting things back in place, or not. Yuri is now filled with guilt and her own sorrow. All the frustrating situations she has to deal with. She still has to save Nana and Eunhyuk from being found out and dragged to jail as of yet -___- and now she has to really step up in dealing with Changmin - Eunhyuk - Nana. 

***In fact, I have to remind you that Nana did somewhat form feelings for Changmin, but they weren't that deep. 

***I've finally begun writing again! Yay!!! It's my day off from school since class is cancelled! I'll perhaps watch some drama, do some hw, then write! :DD Lets hope things go the way I plan it! It's been a while since I've written, and I've got the ending all fixed up in my head. I just need to build up the rest of the story to get where I want to be :)

***Oh yes, I also made some new posters. But I'm not putting them up till the next few chapters! :D After some thinking I decided to make some posters for the other individual couples! Yay!!