Chapter 51

You Said Remember Me II

 

“Is it…bad?” Donghae went on. 
 
“I don’t know, the case is still processing, and everybody’s looking for more details,” Yuri explained.
 
“What about Eunhyuk and Nana?” Victoria cut in. 
 
Yuri glanced at them slightly, “They’re the only suspects available.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
They finally arrived at Yuri’s house moments later and discovered her car outside. Eunhyuk wondered why she’d returned at such an unusual time. Once he opened the door he found the other three sitting around anxiously. Yuri got up to her feet as quick as they got in. 
 
“I need to talk to you two,” she stated immediately. 
 
Eunhyuk looked at the others. 
 
“Why are you guys all so serious?” he asked. “I just brought back lunch.” 
 
“I can take that,” Victoria offered. 
 
He let her take the bag from him and glanced at Yuri who’d started toward the back room. Confused, he followed her. Nana closed the door to the back room before joining them on the couch. 
 
“That day, the day you left,” Yuri glanced at Nana, “where did you go exactly?” 
 
Nana glanced back at her wondering what the situation was about. 
 
“Please answer,” Yuri pleaded. 
 
“I just went walking around,” Nana replied. 
 
Eunhyuk watched the two of them worried about where the conversation was going. 
 
“Did something happen?” asked Eunhyuk. “You can get to the point, and ask anything if needed.” 
 
Yuri pressed her lips together before she pulled out a photo copied from an I.D. Eunhyuk and Nana leaned in to get a better look at the man in the photo. He recognized the man as the one that Nana had made a run into. 
 
“Do you recognize him by any chance?” Yuri questioned praying and hoping it was a no. 
 
Eunhyuk felt his throat clog up, “Why?” 
 
“This man was murdered a few days ago, the day Nana left,” Yuri went further on, “do you know him?” 
 
“I…” Nana began. 
 
“No,” Eunhyuk interrupted. 
 
“Are you sure?” Yuri went on. 
 
“I ran into him…” Nana continued. 
 
“No,” Eunhyuk interrupted once more, “we don’t know him.”
 
Yuri glanced at the two with a confused expression. 
 
“He was harassing Nana when I passed by,” Eunhyuk explained in detail, “so I stepped in.”
 
“Is that all?” Yuri wondered. 
 
Something was up, Eunhyuk felt it. Donghae sometimes gave him the feeling that there was trouble brewing with his cases, and this was exactly the case with Yuri. The bearded man had been murdered. Had he been killed in the area Eunhyuk had found Nana? 
 
“Yes.” Eunhyuk replied.  
 
“No.” Nana stated at the same time. 
 
Yuri eyed the two of them suspiciously. 
 
They didn’t have anything to do with his murder, yet Nana was still talking. What more did she want to add?
 
Nana seemed to shrink back when Yuri turned to her, “Um…well…”
 
Nana turned to look at him before turning back to Yuri. 
 
“We weren’t the only ones there.” 
 
Yuri shifted in her seat. 
 
“Two of the men from the gang also appeared,” Nana told. “but we left the site, so I don’t know what happened afterward.” 
 
Yuri nodded. 
 
“There’s something I want to add though,” Nana went on.
 
 Eunhyuk stared at Nana wondering what she was going to say. 
 
“Actually, I’ve ran into them a few times,” she admitted, “but today they weren’t looking for us. They’re after Eunhyuk.” 
 
Yuri turned to look at him. 
 
“Don’t go out anymore,” Yuri turned back to Nana, “especially for your walks. If anyone wants to step outside, I’d suggest you all go together. There’s been no notifications on Ren Gei in this city, so the police has ceased their search for him. I’ll notify Donghae…and, the two of you will probably have to stop by the police station soon. I don’t want to surprise you, but you two are listed suspects right now. Keep a low profile until this case is over.” 
 
“Suspects?” Eunhyuk repeated. 
 
“The cameras in the area are limited,” Yuri helped explain, “it only caught you two running away.”
 
Eunhyuk couldn’t believe it. 
 
“I have to head back to the station,” Yuri collected her stuff and stood up, “I’ll be back later.” 
 
As soon as the door closed Eunhyuk sank into his thoughts. It was probably useless pointing fingers at this point. They were already getting in trouble without putting in any effort, but he couldn’t allow himself to be framed just like that. What if it got to the newspaper and made its way to Incheon? What would his family think? And what did the gang want from him? Why did the gang that had only pursued Donghae and Victoria now be after him? 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana opened the door and found Yuri starting toward the living room. 
 
“Yuri,” Nana called. 
 
Yuri stopped and turned around. Nana lowered her gaze and hesitated wondering if she had any right to say what she was going to say. 
 
“I’m sorry,” Nana apologized, “for running out and causing this.”
 
Yuri, however, managed to smile. 
 
“It’s not your fault. Stay inside,” Yuri cautioned before walking out the door. 
 
Nana still felt like things hadn’t finished between them. There was something about Yuri that seemed hurt. 
 
/ / / / /
 
“Aish!” Victoria muttered when Donghae walked into the kitchen and ruffled her hair into a big mess. 
 
“Whoa! Cool down,” he cooed playfully. 
 
Victoria turned to him with a glare. 
 
“Couldn’t you at least be a little more sensible like Eunhyuk?” Victoria asked. 
 
Leaning against the table with hands on it he shrugged, “How’s he sensible?” 
 
“At least he’s trying to take care of Nana,” Victoria told.
 
“Eunhyuk what?” Donghae asked. “I don’t see how he’s trying to help in any way.” 
 
“Have you gotten more senseless?” she asked. 
 
“Maybe.” 
 
Victoria sighed and sat down. 
 
“Well, at least he doesn’t have someone who’s trying to run out on him,” Donghae muttered. 
 
Victoria glanced at him through the corner of her eyes. 
 
“Forget it,” she said. 
 
“Victoria,” Donghae called, “I’m never going to let Ren Gei get near you. I’m not going to let his gang get close to you. No one’s going to take you away from me.” 
 
“I know,” Victoria placed her hand on top of his. “I know.” 
 
“Lets go call Eunhyuk and Nana for lunch, I’m starving,” Donghae suggested. 
 
There was a little tension in the air during lunch. Victoria slightly glanced up from her plate to see Eunhyuk and Nana eating their own food quietly. Donghae seemed to be beaming with joy beside her. Of course, he was finally able to eat food from a restaurant after weeks of feeding off Yuri’s homemade dishes. She could only imagine how much he was enjoying it. 
 
“Eat some more,” Donghae encouraged placing some more food onto her plate. 
 
She hadn’t finished what she had on her plate and he was already giving her more. Victoria turned to him with a stare and Donghae smiled back before stuffing himself again. 
 
Turning back to the other two she watched as Eunhyuk ate calmly. Nana seemed to refused to take a look around at the others and picked at her food every once in a while. They looked like an angry pair. 
 
“What did the two of you do? You were gone for quite some time,” Victoria started. 
 
“Nothing.” Nana replied. 
 
“Walking,” Eunhyuk replied in sync with her. 
 
They turned to look at each other before turning away. Victoria glanced at them before she and Donghae turned to each other surprised, yet amused. 
 
“So what did you two actually do?” Donghae asked. 
 
“Nothing.” Eunhyuk answered. 
 
“Walking.” they switched their answers at the same time. 
 
Nana seemed flustered. 
 
“Nothing, really,” Eunhyuk added, “we couldn’t do anything much anyway.” 
 
“Oh?” Donghae smiled mischievously. “Alright, eat on.” 
 
/ / / / /
 
Nana left the kitchen and headed up the stairs. The footsteps that were following her up were more than visible to her ears. Once she reached the top she spun around to see Eunhyuk walking up after her. He paused and looked at her. 
 
“I’ve been meaning to ask,” Nana began, “what were you up to when we entered the fitting room?” 
 
He took another step up so that they were at eye level. Nana’s breath caught in as she stared back at him. So close, they were so close. What was he doing exactly? Playing around? Was it because she seemed young and easy? The mere thought of that made Nana’s blood burn. 
 
“Trying to see if you’re really loyal to Shim Changmin.”
 
Nana clenched her teeth and watched as he walked around her before disappearing into his room. Just what was with him? 
 
/ / / / /
 
“I wonder what happened,” Donghae muttered as he dropped off the remaining dishes from the table into the sink. 
 
“Perhaps a misunderstanding,” Victoria voiced out her opinion. 
 
“Really? You think so?” Donghae asked. “Eunhyuk looks kind of upset to me.” 
 
“Upset?” Victoria repeated. 
 
Donghae nodded, “Do you think it has to do with Yuri?” 
 
Victoria turned to him with a frown. 
 
“Did I tell you?” Donghae asked. “Eunhyuk was supposed to head back home a few days ago. I wonder why he didn’t go.” 
 
“Go back home?” Victoria turned to him. “Eunhyuk wanted to go back home?” 
 
“Mmm…” Donghae nodded, “but he never went. I wonder why.” 
 
Victoria glanced at Donghae. No one had said anything to her. 
 
After washing the dishes she looked around the house for Eunhyuk and found him lying on the bed with arms crossed over his chest. He wasn’t sleeping, she knew that. Grabbing the pillow from underneath him and pulling it out she watched him slide to the side before opening his eyes. Looking up at her with a frown he sat up and caught the pillow as she tossed it back. 
 
“What are you doing?” Eunhyuk asked. “Didn’t I tell you that you shouldn’t enter another man’s room?” 
 
Victoria snorted, “I heard you wanted to go back home.” 
 
Replacing the pillow back he sat up with crossed legs. 
 
“Yea, I was going to go back,” Eunhyuk replied. 
 
“Why?” 
 
Eunhyuk seemed to fall into thought before saying, “Because it looked like you’ve all got everything under control here.” 
 
“Really?” 
 
“Yea.” 
 
“Is there anything bothering you?” 
 
Eunhyuk turned away from her and peered through the window ahead. “No.” 
 
“Let me know if you ever need anything,” Victoria told. 
 
He nodded. 
 
“Eunhyuk, is there someone you like?” she questioned. 
 
He spun around shot off guard by the question. 
 
“Why?” 
 
“Donghae thinks you have something to do with Yuri,” Victoria explained. 
 
Eunhyuk peered at the wall through the corner of his eyes before turning back to her. 
 
“No,” Eunhyuk told, “I don’t feel that way toward her.” 
 
“Then, Nana?” 
 
Eunhyuk smiled and laughed at her question as if it were silly, “She’s still just a kid.” 
 
“Ok,” Victoria nodded. 
 
Eunhyuk wasn’t telling her the truth. 

***Aarggh...I'm so bored. I don't want to return to school for the spring semester. Heck, I know I'm already going to die :/
 
***Boy, do I have so much in store for you all! I wish I could just post them all up here but it'd ruin the fun of suspense and it'd kill to read that many chapters haha