Live and learn

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhong's Pov

 

 

"Because. I liked her." Jungkook stated quietly and my heart skipped a beat.

"I knew it." I mumbled almost inaudible.

"I liked her ever since.. Ever since I saw her in the first grade." Jungkook continued with a small tone as if he still wanted to hide it.

"Then why didn't you tell me about it?" I pressured him and saw how baffled his expression was.

"I just couldn't do a thing because you liked her. You were my best friend so of course I'd be on your side no matter what." Jungkook explained and met gazes with mine. I furrowed my brows and turned to look away from him. He didn't show any interest towards her because I liked her?

"But why so sudden?" I asked and was actually curious now.

"What why?" Jungkook cocked his brows.

"After I told you she liked you, you got mad at me.." I told, still avoiding his gaze.

"That's not how it went down..... After you told me she liked me, I just noted that I shouldn't skip the practice and then you got mad at me." Jungkook expressed some words here and there so I could understand.

"But it was because I liked her so much." I told honestly. "I hated the fact that you made her feel horrible, but I hated even more when you showed some concern over her." I explained and knew that I'd done wrong.

"I knew.. That's why I tried so hard to hide my feelings for her." Jungkook's lips curved up into a small smile.

"At some point I really thought you hated her.." I groaned because I still knew the whole time that Jungkook had a thing towards Yue. I felt it in my backbone even when in primary school.

"Only so you wouldn't suspect anything." Jungkook smiled slightly.

"Okay okay.. Even if I'd believe you, I need to know one more thing." I sighed heavily. "If your intention was to keep your feelings hidden from me, then why you suddenly wanted to go to that practice after all?" I asked, and this time I was just asking and not blaming him for anything.

"I wanted to confirm your words."Jungkook just noted casually.

"So what was your conclusion back then?" I tried to ask sneakily.

"I just wanted to see how things were. I'd already numbed my feelings for her because you were my best friend and I knew you liked her." Jungkook explained and walked towards me. "Can you see? All I ever wanted to do was to keep our friendship secured." Jungkook's voice was back to being desperate.

"..." I didn't know how to response. I was standing in front of him and avoiding his gaze.

"I didn't see you after the day you beat me up.. Now you're here and we're actually talking? I can bear the fact that you hate me because I'm just happy to be able to speak with you." Jungkook smiled and I saw something sparkling in his eyes.

"Jungkook.." I mumbled still not knowing what to say. It felt like everything was happening so fast.

"Look Junhong.. Just now I don't really care if you're going to forgive me or not because I really need your help with something." Jungkook got himself back together.

"I don't know.." I was so confused because of the happenings that were running in my thoughts.

"Even if you wouldn't like the thought about helping me, do it for Yue.." Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows which meant that he was serious. His words followed a great silence.

"Okay, what do you want me to do?"

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

I was sitting in the Kim residents' kitchen while waiting for Jungkook to cook something for me. This day had been a complete success, in a way at least. Jungkook managed to talk Junhong into helping us as I got Tia on our side. It wasn't easy but now our goal seemed to be much clearer than it was before.

I was deep in my thoughts before someone placed a plate in front of me. I snapped back to reality and glanced at Jungkook before turning to look what he got for me. It was a simple looking risotto with fried egg on top of it. It smelled heavenly which just annoyed me, since Jungkook had managed to win me by his cooking skills. Why did this kid needed to be so good with everything?

 

 

"I hope it suits your taste." Jungkook grinned as he sat down to the opposite side of the table.

"I can already tell that I'm going to love it just by its smell." I eyed the plate through. I heard Jungkook just chuckling before I dared to put some of the risotto in my mouth. Darn it's good. I hated to admit it but he knew how to cook obviously.

"So?" Jungkook eyed my facial features while waiting for a response.

"It's.. Not bad." I smirked to him.

"You love it." Jungkook just shot and I sighed.

"This is so good." I admitted and put more food in my mouth.

 

 

After the dinner, I offered to do the dishes but Jungkook didn't like the idea. He told me that I could do the dishes when we were in my house, but not in his. However, I started doing the dishes as Jungkook went to use the bathroom. I was just smiling to myself while thinking of Jungkook's surprised expression as he'd see that I was almost done.

When I picked up the last plate, I felt someone's head on my shoulder. I startled and let go of the plate. Before I could realize what was happening, I noticed how Jungkook's hand snatched the plate before it managed to drop down. Jungkook's arm had weaved its way through my waist and arm's gap and now was holding the plate for me to take. Only now I turned to look to my right where I saw Jungkook leaning his head to my shoulder..

 

 

"Yah.." I whined and took the plate from his hold.

"You got scared?" He sounded to be really amused. It didn't take long before Jungkook had wrapped both of his arms around my waist and was just holding me close to him. I felt my heart skipping a beat as I could feel Jungkook breathing right next to me.

"You better hold me close. I'm too scared to do this on my own." I acted and heard him chuckling as he tightened his hold gently. I leaned my head against his and smiled to the moment. "I never believed that you could ever like me back." I whispered since this was not the thing I really liked to talk to even though I wanted for him to know.

"Huh?" Jungkook just hummed and I snorted.

"This is so weird for me sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter