Crude reality

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Monday, 9th of June]
Four days later

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

"Yah yah yah.." I heard Junhong's voice through the music before he turned it off. BTS stopped doing their choreography and I noticed Tia walking to Junhong who was standing at the front.

"What's wrong?" I questioned all confused as I stood up from the couch. "I thought it looked great."

"Yeah Junhong what's wrong..?" Tia asked and crossed her arms. "Their first stage is on Saturday.. There can't be any delays."

"Hmph I know.." Junhong mumbled while eyeing the guys through. "Something just isn't right." He walked forwards and stopped in front of Jungkook.

"..." I noticed Jungkook staying quiet while waiting for Junhong's comment.

"You're so distracted that it makes this whole performance look like a mess." Junhong told harshly so I turned to look at Jungkook who really was slightly in his own world.

"Oh.. Sorry." Jungkook sounded slightly confused. "I'll try to shape up myself." He continued and Junhong nodded before he moved forwards to the other members. I kept my attention on Jungkook and frowned slightly. I hadn't realized it earlier myself but now that Junhong pointed it out, Jungkook really had been distracted for this last three days. It seems like he had a lot of weight on his shoulders.

"And you on the other hand.." I snapped back to reality and moved my gaze to Namjoon who was now on Junhong's rack.

"What?" Namjoon questioned in frustration.

"You need to shape up yourself. Jungkook had brought the attention to him fortunately for you, but you're still the worst dancer of the group. I need you to focus on this." Junhong told harshly but instead of making a ruckus, Namjoon just nodded once in defeat. I noticed how Tia walked towards Hoseok.

"What now?" Hoseok shook his head as Tia stopped in front of him. 

"This is nothing personal, don't worry." Tia smiled with not so pleased expression. "Even if you're the main dancer, you need to give spotlight for others too." Tia told and I saw Hoseok rolling his eyes. No wonder, she did use him to make me mad.

"Alright." Hoseok gave her an unpleasant smile.

"Okay let's continue!" Tia pointed at Junhong who turned the music on again.

"From the beginning!" He raised his voice and started observe the members. Just then I felt something vibrating in my pocket. Without getting any attention to me, I sneaked outside of the building to the street.

"Hello?" I answered before checking the caller.

"Yue!" I heard Shen's voice through the line.

"Shen uncle.. What's wrong?" I asked since he sounded slightly panicked.

"It's Minhyun.." He started and before he could continue, I already cut him off.

"Did something happen again?!!" Instantly, I felt sick in my stomach.

"No! I mean yes, but in a good way.." Shen uncle exhaled and sounded relieved. "It's about the surgery he was supposed to have on Friday.. One of the surgeries had been canceled today so they offered the spot for Minhyun. I of course accepted it since Minhyun's condition isn't great at all." Shen explained and I frowned.

"So.. He's having his surgery today?" I clarified.

"Yes. We're now in the hospital and they're preparing him for the surgery. It should start within half an hour." He explained and I quickly checked the clock on my phone. 6:32 pm. 

"I.. I'll be there as soon as I can." I told.

"No.. Minhyun told me that he didn't want you or Jin to be here today. He wants to meet you guys tomorrow after waking up properly and hearing the results first." Shen told a bit wistfully.

"W-what? What about your work??" I asked and felt my body shaking.

"I have a night shift tomorrow so I have plenty of time to be by his side. You two need to focus on your upcoming showcase anyways." Shen chuckled once but I didn't smile. I was once again being disappointed by Minhyun's actions.

"Okay.. I'll tell Seokjin oppa." I mumbled.

"Good since I tried to call him earlier but didn't get an answer." He wondered.

"I.. Tell Minhyun to stay strong." I added to the end before cutting the call off. "How can he..?" I mumbled by myself before wiping my face just in case. I heard the music being turned off inside so I dared to get back in. As I closed the door after me, I heard Jungkook on the phone.

"She did what??" He sounded somehow upset. The other guys just eyed him all deathly quiet. "And it starts after half an hour?? Are you going? What about Yoogeun??" As he continued, my jaw dropped slightly. What was going on right now? "I.. I'll come and get him...... Okay, bye." And with that he removed his phone from his ear.

"Is everything alright?" Jin asked as he made his way closer to Jungkook.

"Who was it?" Namjoon questioned.

"You sounded pretty upset.." Taehyung noted quietly.

"What happened?" Yoongi made his way closer as well.

"I.. I need to go now guys.. Let's continue tomorrow." Jungkook told sadly.

"Tell us what happened?" Jimin insisted.

"I'll explain tomorrow when it's all clear for me as well." Jungkook made his way towards the couch where his bag was lying. He grabbed it and swung it over his shoulder before turning to look at me as I was standing next to the door. I furrowed my brows to him as if questioning if he was okay.

"Bye.." Taehyung mumbled.

"Be careful." Namjoon told wistfully.

"Do you.. Need some company?" I managed to mumble as Jungkook was giving me this extremely intensive gaze.

"..." He didn't give me an answer other than this small nudge of head towards the door. I nodded slightly as he opened the door out. I waved to the guys and followed him outside. Before the door went shut, I heard Jin's words.

"Wait a second!" And with that we both turned around to face Jin who looked awfully worried. "Tell me what happened?" He was now looking deep in to Jungkook's eyes.

"It's.. Dahee noona." Jungkook lowered his gaze. "She's having an operation in thirty minutes." He explained and I furrowed my brows.

"Wait what?" Jin shook his head in disbelief.

"She's donating her kidne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter