Inequitable case

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mihee's Pov

 

 

I was walking out of the school building since the school day was over. Actually the clock was already reaching 6 pm even though our classes ended at 4 pm. I had stayed behind in our classroom and studied a bit more since our finals were coming - fast. I dug my phone out from my pocket and checked the clock only to realize that I had nowhere to be today. Yue and Minhyun were having some sort of meeting due to their mother's death and Hoseok was nowhere to be seen. Even though I had friends at school, Yue and Hoseok were the only ones I hung out on my free time.

After exhaling heavily, I continued my way towards the cafe on the opposite side of the street. I decided to grab a coffee on my way home as a prize for using every last piece of my energy for studying. I wasn't so keen on that.

When I got to the cafe, I stepped inside and walked towards the desk where I could order. My focus was on the boards which introduced the products so I didn't exactly see if there was anyone in front of me. I walked straight to the cashier and was about to order.

 

 

"Hey, I would like--" I started but was cut off.

"What are you doing?" I heard a prickly voice on my right so I quickly shot my gaze to him.

"Oh." Was the only thing I managed to say.

"Are you deaf?" Yoongi tilted his head and I furrowed my brows to him.

"What do you mean?" I questioned and my gaze sifted to Namjoon who was observing me quietly.

"Yoongi here is saying that you cut the line. Can you move so we'll be able to order?" Namjoon suddenly spoke with disgust in his voice. I bit my lips together when I felt a small sting in my chest area. How could he be so rude again?

"I-I.. I'm sorry I didn't notice you. I'm a little out of it.." I told honesty and turned my gaze to meet Yoongi's.

"It's okay. You can order first if you're in a rush." Yoongi suddenly shrugged and I smiled to him slightly.

"Thank--" Once again I was cut off.

"Why don't you just get going? I don't think it's okay to cut in lines and there's already people lining behind us." Namjoon smiled to me sweetly which obviously hurt more than his usual mean words. Why am I reacting like this? It's stupid. He's stupid.

"I see.. I'm just getting out of your way then. Sorry for interrupting." I stated and rushed out of the cafe. When I finally reached the cool evening air, I felt like crying but decided to stay strong and hold it in. "I didn't even want that coffee." I mumbled quietly and was about to start walking towards my apartment until my phone started ringing in my hands. I looked down to my phone before placing the phone to my ear.

 

 

"What now?" I asked slightly irritated.

"Is this Seo Joohyun speaking?" Some random man with husky voice asked from the other side of the call.

"Eh sorry?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Seo Joohyun? As known as Seohyun?" The man continued and sounded a bit frustrated for some reason.

"This is Seo Mihee. You got the wrong number." I stated and heard an angry mumbling on the other side. Who even is this?

"But this number is supposed to be Seo Joohyun's!" The man suddenly snapped and I almost dropped my phone.

"THE GIRL LIED TO US!" Some other guy yelled somewhere.

"Who are you to Seo Joohyun?!!" The man raised his voice and I got a bit startled. Was this some of her fans?

"I'm her sister." I mumbled and didn't hear anything after that.

"Seo Joohyun's sister.. Where are you right now?" The man asked with a low deathly serious voice.

"W-why?" I questioned.

"We're going to crash your apartment if you're not getting there in 10." The man just stated and I felt my head becoming heavier. I placed my left hand on my temple and held it there.

"I-I'll be there." I whispered and cut the call off.

 

 

I felt dizzy in my head. I felt like my body parts were about to fail me any second now. I was feeling so weak that I just wanted to fall down and throw up my lungs. Those weren't good guys. I didn't know what Seohyun had done but I knew she was in trouble and by giving my number to that man, Seohyun handed the problem to me. I couldn't believe how selfish she was.

Without thinking any further, I started to run towards my apartment which wasn't far from the starting point. I knew this was something I should kee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter