Questionable loss

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Saturday, 26th of April]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

I woke up after spending the night half asleep while turning on my bed continuously. The night wasn't indeed one of the best but somehow I managed to survive. Without wanting to stay in my bed any longer, I stood up and headed to bathroom to do my morning routines.

After a while washing up, dressing up and just being, I decided to face my family. I couldn't bear the fact that I'd ran off yesterday, leaving them behind. I didn't contact them about my whereabouts nor listened them before leaving. When Jungkook brought me home, Jin and Minhyun didn't question anything. I was selfish and only thought about myself as I ran away from the cold hard reality. Now was my time to really act like an adult.

I walked the stairs down and straight to our kitchen where I saw three men of my life, sitting all quietly. The clock was only 9 am but they were still all awake. I exhaled heavily before making my way inside.

 

 

"Good morning." I managed to smile as the guys turned their attention to me slowly.

"Oh you're already awake?" Jin sounded surprised as I reached our fridge.

"I couldn't sleep as much." I noted and took a vitamin water bottle before closing the fridge.

"Neither did us." Minhyun was looking down to his coffee as I sat down next to him.

"I guess it was pretty rough night for all of us." Shen uncle sighed and stood up from the table. "I'm just happy you're okay Yue. I'll get to the town to meet some friends. I assume Seokjin-ah takes care of your dining since I'll be home late." He questioned and Jin nodded once.

"Leave it to me dad." Jin stated as Shen uncle walked out of the kitchen.

"Look.." I started and waited the guys to turn their attention to me. "I'm sorry about yesterday.."

"Why are you apologizing?" Jin asked which made me lower my gaze.

"Because I know mum passing away was a big deal to both of you too.. Especially to you Minhyun.. I didn't think about anyone else except myself as I ran off." I explained while keeping my head low.

"Good that you noticed." I heard Minhyun's quiet voice which made me shot my gaze to him.

"Minhyun I.." I started but couldn't continue.

"I know you're sorry but I need some time before I'll be able to fully process this loss." Minhyun said and smiled to me slightly before it faded away. "I need to deal some things now that I'm going to live in Seoul from this day onwards so I'll catch you later." Minhyun stood up and left the kitchen. I turned to Jin who shook his head slightly.

"You know.. Even though I understand your motives, Minhyun is the one who's hurting the most.. Don't you forget about that." Jin stated and exhaled heavily. "Dad is going to deal with Jie's funeral stuff so he's pretty down as well." Jin reached to pat my shoulder before he stood up as well. Oh I know. I just need to make it up to them somehow..

 

 

[Sunday, 27th of April]

 

 

Sunday was already better. I was feeling less incompetent after processing the whole happening inside of my head over and over again. This was life and I really didn't have the time to be stuck in one matter. Of course I missed mum, more than you could imagine, but there was still nothing I could do to get her back.

The clock was reaching 10 pm as I was sitting on my bed and listening BIGBANG's If You. Suddenly I got a message which snapped me back to reality. I reached my phone and eyed the screen where it read: Can I call you? -Jungkook. I eyed the screen quietly while my brain was functioning what was really going on. There didn't read a sender but just a number. It's Jungkook, but how did he get my number? I thought about Jin and BTS and somehow thought that he might've gotten my number from them. I saved Jungkook's number in my phone and eyed the text. 

Before I managed to think of a reply to him, my phone was already ringing in my hands. It was Jungkook. Slowly, I lifted the phone to my ear.

 

 

"Hi.." I said to the phone quietly.

"Yue. How are you feeling?" He asked and it sounded like he was walking somewhere because of the wind.

"Did you call me just to ask that?" I questioned and stood up from my bed.

"Yeah, why?" Jungkook stated casually.

"W-well.. I'm much better." I tried to keep my answers short in case my voice would crack in the middle of a sentence. I walked to my door and closed it.

"Really? You're not lying to get rid off me so easily?" He questioned and I chuckled.

"No.. It's just.. I'm just wondering, why did you call me?" I was still trying to figure out that.

"Hmph.. I wanted to know if you were feeling okay." He explained.

"You could've just asked tomorrow in school.." I mumbled and walked to my window.

"I was worried okay.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter