Dark secrets

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon's Pov

 

 

"There's something I'd like to know Namjoon-ah." It started when I found Jin making his way to me. I stood up and walked to him.

"Just ask me anything and I'll see if I can help you with it." I just shrugged casually and noticed how Hoseok stopped dancing and was now facing me too. Jungkook also found his way to stand next to Jin.

"Do you have any idea where's Seo Mihee?" Jin asked the question I was afraid he would ask. I lowered my gaze to the ground and sighed heavily.

"Yue's worrying like sick.." Jungkook noted.

"If there's anything Namjoon, we'd like to hear it now." Hoseok continued and I just shook my head slowly.

"I wish I knew better guys.." I just told honestly and lifted my gaze back up to face them again.

"Really?? You don't know anything?" Jin narrowed his eyes to me.

"Why Mihee would've told Yue to find you if you didn't know a thing?" Hoseok put some pressure on me.

"I.." I started and thought about Mihee for a second. "I promised her that I wouldn't spill but.. I guess I need to explain if we're ought to get her out." I crossed my arms.

"Bring it on." Hoseok jerked his chin upwards.

"Well.. Mihee's sister had taken a loan from some underground loaning business. She'd signed a contract and everything and then disappearing after. She'd put all Mihee's contact info to the fill-in blanks. She took the money and left the huge sum for Mihee to pay. I.. I tried to help her with the money and we even got a nice sum but.. It was not enough." I told and saw how Hoseok's jaw had now dropped almost to the ground.

"Is there more?" Jin tilted his head.

"Yeah.. The contract Mihee's sister signed, says that if you're not able to pay back the money buy the deadline, he or she needed to work under his underground adult business. I'm not sure about the last statement but it's the only thing I'd managed to dig up on these last three days." I shook my head in disbelief. "He's covered his track pretty well you could say." I just noted.

"That's sick.. If it is the truth." Jungkook told almost whispering.

"That's ing messed up! We need to find her!" Hoseok exclaimed and I just shook my head.

"I know.. I've just tried everything and.. Well I don't have enough information to find out who's the guy and where the place could even be. I believe that it's downtown though." I explained and saw how frustrated Hoseok had become. Me too, man.

"This is not something that we can just spill out to Yue.." Jin suddenly stated while looking intensively to the emptiness.

"What? Why now?" Jungkook wrinkled his nose.

"Because she'll obviously just looses it if she hears about it.." Jin snapped to Jungkook. "We need to find the location first before even thinking about telling this to her, okay?" Jin continued and obviously pointed out that just for Jungkook.

"He's right." I noted and pointed at Jin.

"Gosh.." Jungkook just shook his head in disbelief.

"Well this standing around doesn't help much." Hoseok just pointed out and I just nodded.

"I don't know guys.. This just.. Knowing this probably took away my whole next week's sleep." Jin just shook his head and wiped his face. "We'll get going now." He noted and saw how Jungkook followed him from behind.

"I'll see you guys." I raised my hand to them as they left the room. Now it was just me and Hoseok left. "Shall we get going too?" I asked from him and heard him sighing heavily.

"I guess it's the only way." He whispered and was obviously talking to himself.

 

 

Soon we were outside in the cool fall air. It was already dark even though the clock wasn't even 8 pm yet. I walked with Hoseok side by side, both staying in silence. My gaze was wondering around the asphalt in front of my feet. What could I do anymore to help Mihee? I'm stuck. I sighed heavily and lifted my gaze from the ground.

After a while just walking towards the downtown where I was living, I decided to break the awfully thick air in between us. I hated the silence now more than ever since I had been filled with it now for the last days. I really needed someone to just talk to.

 

 

"You're living in the downtown as well?" I started the conversation and noticed how he snapped out of his thoughts before looking at me.

"Not really. I just.. I don't know if I want to head home yet." He mumbled and I fel relieved.

"Then.. Should we go somewhere?" I asked and smiled to him.

"If we get through these few blocks from there, we'll come to a smallish internet cafe. I'll usually hang out in there if I just don't want to get home just yet." Hoseok pointed to his left. I followed his arm to a some street which looked really dark.

"Through there?" I questioned and cocked my brows.

"It's just a shortcut." He chuckled and we headed towards the dark street.

 

 

20 minutes later

 

 

"Ehm.. Hoseok-ah.." I started when I realized that we were reaching a dead end soon. I noticed how Hoseok shook his head slightly before turning to me.

"Tell me." He just casually stated, not realizing the situation at all.

"No.. I meant to ask that where are we? I don't see any internet cafe aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter