Bizarre night

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Wednesday, 21st of May]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

I was running. Running fast. Why was I running? I couldn't catch my breath and my muscles felt like they were on fire. I still couldn't explain the urgency I was feeling but I knew I needed to get far away. I was straining to run harder with all my power but invisible forces were slowly pulling me back. Everything started to move in slow motion. I cried out in frustration.

Suddenly I was back at Hoseok's. His familiar apartment where we used to spend a lot of time together. This time I was alone, or so I thought. Just out of nowhere Hoseok appeared in front of me. He was smiling this sweet smile he usually did. "Yue-ah!" He called me. It felt like I'd got struck by a lightning and I couldn't move. He was getting closer and smiling like he always did. I needed to get away from him. Every step he took closer, my head hurt more. It felt like my head was going to explode. "No! Stop!" I cried but my voice was inaudible and he kept on coming closer. I started backing off while observing my ways out of his apartment. Rarely had I been overcome with such an utter sense of urgency, I felt sick with nerves and was struggling to breathe in my panic. Take a deep breath. Calm.

The scenario in front of me started to fade away as Hoseok reached me. It became blurred and got mixed with nothingness around it. Only thing that kept me tied with that dream was this horrific pain in my head. My temples were burning and it really felt like my head was going to explode. I started to squint my eyes open a little only to see a bright light filling the room around me. Ouch. I quickly closed my eyes and pressed my fingertips on my temples. What happened? And as I thought of those words, the scene from yesterday night flashed through my mind.

 

 

Flashback, yesterday evening
 

 

I was sitting in the park nearby the school. This park was the same where Junhong kissed me and got Jungkook jealous. This park was the one where I usually came with Mihee to drink some coffee and gossip of our school's boys. This was also the place where me and Hoseok came to jog sometime in the past. It was mine and his park. 

The whole world was getting fuzzier around me. Jungkook's return in my life. Minhyun's sickness. Mihee's problems. Hoseok as a whole. All of them were bothering me in some way since those things reminded me that we couldn't go back. We were moving on and things started happening. We couldn't be stuck in our happy moments in the past even if we wanted to. Where did things go wrong?

I heard steps around me but didn't lift my face from my palms. I knew I would get some weird looks from passing people but I didn't care. Nothing really meant much anyway. Not at least now. I exhaled heavily and swallowed hardly. The lump which had been stuck on my throat ever since I saw Hoseok kissing Tia, hadn't gone away. I needed to stay strong. Crying wouldn't get me anywhere.

Another steps were passing me but this time they stopped somewhere in front of me. I was holding my breath in so no one could hear my shaky breathing. How long was he going to stand there? The steps continued their way but this time they came closer to me.

 

 

"Yue-ah." I heard the voice I was afraid to hear now. Instantly he triggered something inside of me. 

"Go away." I whispered but instead, he sat down next to me.

"We need to talk.." He started.

"I have nothing to say to you." I mumbled angrily.

"But I do, a lot." Hoseok told quietly so I dared to lift my face from my palms to face him. When he was my disappointed expression, he turned to look down speechless.

"What?" I bit my lips together. "You want to question my reaction? You want to prove your point since I ran away? You--" I was going to continue but got cut off by him.

"STOP IT!" He raised his voice. This Hoseok was someone who scared many since he rarely showed this side of him. I wasn't scared since I was familiar with this side of him also. I felt like I knew every part of him. "That's not why I came.." He added to the end.

"Then what?" I asked and wrinkled my nose.

"I came to tell you that it wasn't what you--" Hoseok started but I cut him off this time. I didn't want to hear him, not now. If he knew me properly like I thought he would, he would've stayed away from me, letting me calm down first. Usually he let me have my own space but this time was different. Maybe he was scared and that's why followed me?

"You should've told me first? Don't you think I deserve to know?! I thought we were best friends Hobi! And.. From all the people.. Tia?" I gritted my teeth together as I imagined Tia's smiling face inside of my head. I saw a desperate look flashing on his face for a moment.

"Of course you should've, if there was even a thing between us!" He roared proving me wrong.

"W-what?" I whispered  in confusion.

"It was Tia's setup! He used me to anger you.." This time his voice was a bit more tender.

"I thought.." I turned to look at the ground.

"You thought we were dating huh?" Hoseok was again on the edge. "Can I ask Yue.. What does it have to do with you?! If I did go out with Tia, why would you react like that huh?! You have your precious Jungkook right? Why worry about me??" Hoseok was pushing it, angering me even more.

"Because we're talking about Tia.." I snorted as if I could cover the whole truth behind those words.

"It's not enough reason for you to slam doors.." Hoseok hissed through gritted teeth.

"THEN WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HEAR?!" I raised my voice to him and stood up. To this moment we had completely forgotten about the other people in this park.

"THAT YOU STILL HAVE FEELINGS FOR ME!! IS THAT SO HARD?!" He screamed back and this time I was a bit frightened. Not because of him but because of myself. I was hurt by his words for some reason.

"I only reacted like this because I care about you." I stated coldly as Hoseok stood up as well.

"Like I would believe that . Do you think I don't know you Yue?" He shook his head and gave me a pitying look.

"I.. I don't know even myself okay. I only know that if you cared a about me, you wouldn't stand here screaming at my face when I obviously need to be left alone." I burst in to tears after that sentence.

"I-I'm.. Yue I'm so sorry." His soft words were digging their way to my mind but I wouldn't be weak this time. I pushed his words of an apology away and wiped off my tears which instantly came back.

"Whatever Hobi.. I want to be alone." I whispered and turned around to leave him behind.

 

 

When I got far enough from him, I sat down on another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter