Second glimpse

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Friday, 9th of May]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

It was the Friday when we were supposed to have the meeting with Mrs. Lee at the teachers' office. The school's bells happened to just signal that the day was over but for me that only meant, the nightmare was about to begin. I walked out of our homeroom class and straight towards my locker. I eyed other students running out of the school to spend their weekend which really . It wasn't the only thing that though.

There had been still no words from Hoseok but at least now I knew he was fine. I called his mother to ask if she knew anything about him and it seemed that Hoseok was spending some time in his hometown, Gwangju. I needed to let him be. He was obviously a bit more angry than I'd thought he'd be. He would speak to me when he was ready.

I glanced the clock which was 3:50 pm which meant I still had 10 minutes before I needed to be at the office. I started to walk to the second floor while checking the news from my phone. I didn't notice the people who were walking forwards me. Before I had the time to react, I hit the person in front of me and soon heard cursing. I quickly shot my gaze to the person in front of me.

 

 

"Kim Dahee-ssi??" My jaw dropped.

"Ehm.. Do I know you?" She asked in disgust but didn't let me the chance to answer before continuing. "Oh probably I don't know you but you know me, right?" Dahee fake smiled but soon it faded away.

"You don't know me?" My eyes widened when I realized what was going on. Oppa didn't tell her about me, did he now?

"Should I?" She cocked her brows and I sighed.

"Seokjin is my oppa." I stated without thinking it through.

"You're dating him??!" She sounded shocked.

"No no no no!" I waved my hands in front of her wildly. "Seokjin's like an older brother to me but he's actually my cousin and we're living together." I explained and saw her calming down a bit.

"Really? He hasn't actually talked about you, at all.." Dahee tilted her head slightly.

"Well that's not exactly what I'd expected.." I mumbled slightly irritated but let it slide for now. "Seokjin oppa has talked about you a lot." I lied in the sake of their relationship.

"Are you serious?" Dahee's lips curved up in to a small smile. Nailed it.

"Well yeah.. And to be honest.. I think you're the first girl he's ever told me about." I took a thinking expression and put my acting skills on use. 

"Hah." Dahee chuckled once and lowered her gaze to the floor.

"You don't like it?" I asked slightly panicking.

"It's not like that.. It's just." Dahee lifted her gaze up from the floor to look at me again. "We kind of promised to keep our relationship as a secret for now and it feels weird to think that Seokjin would tell anyone about us when he was the one wanting to hide it so desperately." She told and I frowned.

"Really??" I tried to hide the irritation which was slowly rising inside of me Why'd he do that?

"Well it's really not your business so I'm sorry if I bothered you about it. Oh! Don't tell Seokjin what I told you." Dahee said and I smiled to her.

"No problem." I agreed to keep our conversation as a secret. Dahee was about to walk away but stopped right next to me.

"What was your name again?" She questioned.

"Hwang Yue." I smiled.

"Okay Yue.. Do you happen to know if Seokjin is alright? Like.. He's been acting super weird lately." Dahee wondered which made me frown.

"I don't think I've seen anything seperating from the normal.. Do you remember when was the day he last time acted normal around you?" I questioned and Dahee stayed quiet for a while.

"Last time was.. At the Seoul Land trip! I was having a nice evening with Seokjin when suddenly he turned cold." Dahee sounded to be extremely worried which I completely understood.

"Hmmm..." I placed my index finger on my lips while thinking. What would make oppa mad? Suddenly a thought of Jungkook's arm over Dahee's shoulders flashed through my mind. It'd been already fairly two weeks but I still hadn't forgotten. "Do you remember what you were talking about before he turned cold?" I fished for some answers before making myself clear.

"I think he was asking something about Jungkook-ah and when I was about to answer to him, he didn't want to hear me out.. Like he'd be jealous over my little brother." Dahee shrugged and my heart skipped a beat out of nowhere.

"No way..." I mumbled in confusion. "But that's not even possible."

"What's not possible?" Dahee cocked her brow.

"That..You're Jungkook's sister.. I know that Jungkook doesn't have sisters.. He has a younger brother. He just moved from LA to live with his--" Dahee cut me out.

"Mother. I know." Dahee chuckled in amusement. "Our relationship is a bit more complicated than you'd think but yeah.. He's my stepbrother. His mother married my father and they got a kid who's also my little brother." Dahee told and now I saw all the pieces getting to their places.

"Whoa.." I shook my head since I couldn't believe it.

"But you seem to know awfully lot about Jungkook and his life.." Dahee suddenly noted which made me freeze to my spot.

"N-no it's not like I know especially much.." I mumbled which wasn't convincing at all.

"I think you like him." She shot at me.

"No I don't." Was my answer but it came out too fast which branded it as a lie.

"Well it's really not my problem you know.. I just want for you to be careful around him. He doesn't have so good background with girls." Dahee told with a serious expression which made my curiosity awakening.

"And by that you mean?" I asked but she only shook her head.

"I think I'm not in the position of telling you this." She said.

"Okay I understand." I stated and saw her smiling to me. "Oh Dahee-ssi."

"Hmph?" She tilted her head.

"I think you should clarify your relationship with Jungkook to Seokjin as well.. That might help you with your problem." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Haha.. Thanks Yue. I'll remember to do that." And with that, Dahee started to walk away from me, leaving me standing all dumbfounded in the middle of the corridor which was now fully empty. I had no idea.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter