Accepted feelings

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahee's Pov

 

 

I was walking to my second class with Jin, hand in hand. I hated to feel headless when there might've been a thing or two for me to do to help. Jin was always like this even when it came to homework. He didn't want anyone to help him out because he needed to be the one figuring it out all by himself. In some occasions it was a good trait but most of the time not.

I bit my lower lip and wondered in my thoughts. If Minhyun was seriously sick, he would need the donator as soon as possible. Even though Jin acted to be all cool about it and so on, he'd definitely get hurt to see him go. I snapped back to reality when I saw Jin's face right in front of mine.

 

 

"What were you thinking?" He questioned and linked his fingers with mine.

"Ehm.. I was thinking about the teacher.. She'll kill me for sure." I lied awkwardly and glanced Jin's incredulous expression.

"Seriously?" Jin cocked his brow.

"Well yeah.." I mumbled.

"So?" Jin questioned and I shook my head slowly.

"I need to use the bathroom first so you can go." I smiled to him and let my hand slip away from his.

"I can wait you know." Jin noted casually but I waved it aside.

"Don't. You're already late." I chuckled once and turned around towards the main entrance.

"Dahee-ah?" I heard him calling me so I stopped. Just got already you dummy.

"What?" I turned to watch him over my shoulder.

"I'll miss you." He acted cringy on purpose so I just shook my head in amusement before continuing my way.

 

 

30 minutes later

 

 

I stepped inside of Seoul Center hospital and eyed the area around me. The place looked way scarier than I remembered it to look like. I just inhaled heavily and continued my way forwards while thinking closely how to start a conversation with a person you'd never met before. I fixed my hair before stopping in front of the receptionist lady. 

 

 

"Ehm.. Hello. I'm here to meet Minhyun." I started and realized that I didn't remember Jin saying his last name.

"And last name?" The reception lady smiled to me and turned to look at her computer.

"..." I bit my lips together while trying to remember every little detail with my previous conversations with Jin only to realize that I didn't recall him telling his last name to me. "Wait a second.." I mumbled by myself while thinking back to the day where I first time met Yue. What was your name again? Hwang Yue. "Hwang! Hwang Minhyun." I declared and smiled slightly while hoping to be correct.

"Wait a second please." The told while observing the computer's screen.

"Sure." I said almost inaudible.

"Oh.. Hwang Minhyun's condition has collapsed and he's now getting through a medical treatment. I'm sorry but you can't meet him right now." The lady explained and my heart raced like crazy. What has happened to him?

"Well it's not a big deal since I came here for do the tests." I told her and saw how she furrowed her brows. It took a while before she realized what I was talking about.

"You came to the donator's tests?" She asked and I nodded slightly as my heart kept on beating fast.

"Yes. I'd like to see if I had the chance to donate my other kidney to him." I tried to keep my voice steady.

"Okay, I'll call the nurse." The lady noted which followed a small silence.

"So.. How does this donating thing work?" I dared to ask since I never ever in my life thought that I could be the one donating my kidney to someone else.

"First you need to get through some questions for us to see your physical and mental health's level. After that we're going to need samples from you so we can see if there are enough antigens to be compatible with Mr. Hwang's body. If you have three or more same antigens out of those six important ones, the organ transplantation can be implemented." She explained and I just nodded slowly.

"And then?" I asked even thought I knew the answer.

"And then we can arrange the day for the surgery." The lady just stated lightly which made me gulp hardly.

"Am I.. Going to be okay?" I asked the question which was scaring me the most.

"I'll be 95% sure you'll survive it without any problems." She told and something heavy fell off of my heart. "So.. Are you ready for the tests?" She asked nicely so I smiled to her.

"Yes. Where do I need to go?" I asked and just then a nice looking nurse stopped next to me.

"Good day. You can follow me to the laboratory."

 

 

[Tuesday, 3rd of June]

 

 

Mihee's Pov

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter