Aftermath

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven months later

 

 

Beijing, China
[Saturday, 24th of January]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

"Come on, hurry up Yue!!" Minhyun screamed downstairs so I quickly grabbed my bag before rushing the stairs down like there was no tomorrow. When I took the last step, Minhyun came forwards from behind the corner so I bumped against him roughly.

"Ouch..!" I whined and rubbed my forehead with my hand gently as I looked up to my grinning brother.

"Are you okay?" He finally asked with an amused frown.

"Thanks a lot." I sneered to him and walked pass him.

"Sorry.." Minhyun stated as he followed me to the front door. "We really need to hurry though." He continued as I tied my shoes.

"Okay..... Except that.." I stood up and fixed my clothes before turning to him. "Why are we in a rush?" I asked.

"Dad is waiting us at the company and needs to discuss something very important with us, I heard." He explained so I nodded to him slowly.

"Something important? Wonder what it is.." I mumbled as I opened the door in front of me.

"You tell me.. Let's go now!" And with that Minhyun jumped out of the door which I had just opened.

"Yah!" I exclaimed after him.

 

 

It had been now almost seven months since I left Seoul and came to live with my father here in Beijing. Seven months since I last time saw Jungkook and my friends. It had been really tough at first but as time passed, it grew easier. At first I didn't know anyone. Many things had changed in these past months for me but one thing hadn't. My feelings for Jungkook had stayed the same. I was more than furious when I arrived in Beijing and realized what actually had happened in between us. How could he? Without giving me any notice. I was ready to stay for him but he decided to do by his own will and leave the country without telling me. It made me think if I ever meant anything to him.

After going it through in my head several times for the first few weeks, I always came back to his last words for me. I love you. I knew he loved me so his sudden change of mind got me confused. What was his real motive behind leaving back to LA? I wanted to know so bad, but I knew I was already too late. When three months passed, I started to believe in our relationship again. Even if we didn't speak nor see each other in the time being, I started to believe in destiny and how that would bring us together at some day.

Even at this day, I hadn't heard anything of BTS as a group. I'd been touch with Jin and Hoseok but we never spoke about BTS. I had spoken to Mihee of course and with that heard everything that there is to know about hers and Namjoon's relationship. They seemed to be going on strong. I was very happy to hear that she was slowly falling for him but when she talked about Namjoon, my mind flew straight to Jungkook - even now after seven months.

What I'd been up to was going to school and working my of there as the other students were pretty good if I'd say so. I'd also been working at my father's company as a part-time worker. I usually sorted out papers, delivered coffee and answered some calls if someone's secretary was on a sick-leave. When I didn't have anything to do, which was very rarely, my thoughts started to linger in my past life in Seoul. I couldn't help the fact that I still loved Jungkook and was picturing myself flying back to him even though I knew he wasn't there anymore. Wonder if he ever thinks of me anymore?

I snapped back from my thoughts as Minhyun pulled in our father's company parking hall. Minhyun stepped out after putting out the engine so I quickly fixed my hair before jumping out of the car. We headed inside where there was an elevator. Minhyun pressed the button which would take us to the 10th floor. When the doors opened we walked out and straight towards our father's office. Minhyun knocked twice before opening the door into our father's office.

 

 

"Oh you've arrived!" Father noted and I saw some unfamiliar face eyeing us both as we sat down in front of him.

"We're here as you wished. What was the thing you wanted to tell us about?" Minhyun asked as we sat down on the free armchairs. I kept on studying that unfamiliar man's face.

"Yes but first! Meet Mr. Cuevas." Our father introduced the man who bowed to us with his neck. Minhyun bowed but when he found out that I wasn't going to bow, he elbowed me not so gently.

"Aish.." I hissed as I bowed to him too.

"It's nice to finally meet you. Your father has told a lot of kind words of you." I was shocked about that man speaking Korean which led my mouth hanging wide open

"Are you surprised?" Father asked and I shook my head slightly while closing my mouth. It's been a good while since I last time heard Korean.. "So.. Mr. Cuevas is here because he has something to do with my  work.... And slightly with you too." Father continued.

"If you didn't know already, I happen to own more than a couple of educational institutions in Seoul. I'm here because I would love to expand my business here in Beijing as well." Mr. Cuevas explained and I narrowed my eyes. This is clearly father's business meeting so why on earth are we here?

"Mr. Cuevas is a really close friend of mine so we kind of hoped that you, Yue, and his son Tan could continue our family business together." Father explained carefully and when I registered what he had just said, my eyes widened in a shock. 

"But father.." Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter