Utter confusion

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok's Pov

 

 

For some reason we couldn't get our asses up to practice today, so we ended up on leaving the practice room. Together we decided to head to Jin's uncle's house and play video games. It was raining hard as I eyed the front yard from the living room's window. Taehyung and Jimin were now playing while we others watched Jimin beating Taehyung in this soccer game.

I, on the other hand, was lying on the couch and staring the view from the window. Jin was somewhere in the kitchen making something for us to eat. Namjoon was smiling to his phone while texting wildly and Yoongi was eyeing his phone's screen while looking disgusted. I knew Namjoon was only talking to Mihee and Yoongi just exaggerating with his facial expressions. Jungkook was somewhere to clear up his mind. Tia told us that he wasn't feeling well.

Just then someone knocked on to the front door twice and it seemed like I was the only one who heard it. I sat up and easily jumped up from the couch before heading to the kitchen's doorway. I peeked inside and saw Jin with a pan and delicious odor reached me.

 

 

"Are you done soon?" I asked. "I'm starving."

"Soon." Jin told without looking at me.

"Someone knocked. I'll open the door okay?" I asked and was already on my way when I heard his response.

"Thank you." Jin noted behind me.

 

 

I walked to the front door and opened it slowly only to see someone that I didn't assume to see here, at least not like this.

I was staring at Yue who was all wet. I saw her body shaking slightly because of the cold. Yue's expression remained stone cold until she realized it was me who was standing in front of her. Her eyes widened as I rushed to wrap my arms around her wet appearance and squeezed her tightly against me.

 

 

"Yue-ah..." I groaned gently as I held her close. When I let her go, she smiled to me widely. "What the hell? How are you here??" I asked with a small voice almost like I was going to let out a cry or something.

"Hobi.." I heard a small whine as Yue slid her hands around my waist. I hugged her back again. Soon Yue let go of me and we heard voices coming forwards the front door.

"Hyung? What are you-- Yue?!" Was clearly Taehyung questioning behind me.

"Jin hyung! Come to the door quickly!" Jimin shouted and suddenly footsteps started to arrive from many directions.

"What's wrong?" Jin asked as he stopped behind me.

"Oppa!" Yue's eyes widened when she noticed Jin. I moved away so she had a straight way to him.

"Yue?" Namjoon asked in confusion as he entered the main hallway. I eyed Yue as she jumped to Jin and they hugged each other.

"Jungkook-ah? Are you alright?" I heard Yoongi asking behind me so I turned to look at him. Yoongi was looking somewhere past me. I turned to look at front yard where I saw him. Jungkook was standing there in his wet clothes a bit further from the front door. His expression was somewhat hard to read. Did something happen between them? Only now I realized that it was indeed weird to see them together. Did Jungkook know that Yue was coming back on this exact day? 

"Jungkook why are you still outside? Come in, you'll catch a cold in that state." Namjoon told but Jungkook just shook his head. I heard Yue blabbing something to Jin a bit further inside now.

"I better stay out of this and let the situation settle down a bit." Jungkook tried to catch a glimpse of Yue who had now disappeared inside fully. "I'll see you guys tomorrow at practice.."Jungkook turned around to leave and I hesitated. Should I ask him what happened? 

"Yah." I already blurted out. "Have a quick talk with me before you go." I said and immediately slid my feet to my shoes.

"Huh?" Jungkook's expression changed as he turned around again.

 

 

I walked out of the house and nodded to Yoongi encouragingly who was eyeing me suspiciously. He closed the door so it was only us now. Jungkook studied my expression quietly as I stopped right in front of him. I sighed heavily and thought of my way of approach. Jungkook's expression stayed cold as I started.

 

 

"Why did you two come here together? Did something happen?" I used all my energy so I could stay calm and focused.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked back, like he was trying to avoid answering.

"Jungkook-ah.." I groaned. " I know we're only still trying to get along but you can talk to me. I've know Yue forever now so I think I can understand her feelings as well. Tell me what happened.." I tried again and noticed how Jungkook turned his gaze away from mine.

"It was nothing more than a funny coincidence." Jungkook groaned and looked somewhere far.

"For me it doesn't seem so funny." I just stated and saw him chuckling.

"I know right.." He just shook his head but continued. "I really don't know what I should do anymore. Maybe I should lay low for the time being."

"Why? I'd never seen you so down than you were those few months after Yue left. This Jungkook here.." I pointed at him up an down. "Is starting to look like that Jungkook again." I ended and smiled hardly. Even if my feelings for Yue had weakened, it still wasn't easy to talk about.

"Yue is here to meet another guy.. She came to Seoul just for that reason. I'm not so sure if I'm doing the right thing if I stick around her." Jungkook snapped weakly and I heard some proper sorrow in his voice.

"Huh?" I frowned to his words. "Well whatever the reason is for her to come back, are you sure you'll just want to watch it from aside? Yue getting to know that other guy?" I continued and bit my lips together. "Heck. Even I'm not fine with it." I chuckled lightly and saw Jungkook looking at me again.

"But what does Yue think? I can't read into her.. For what I saw when we spoke, she really came to see the guy just to forget about me." Jungkook lowered his gaze again.

"Yah!" I raised my voice since frustration was starting to get to me. Jungkook shot his gaze to mine instantly. "I let you know a little secret now.." I inhaled slowly before exhaling heavily, knowing that I probably should not do this. "Yue isn't over you just yet....... So please do something to get her back, you still have the chance." I ended and noticed how exhausted I was. It took me so muc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter