Wasted words

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok's Pov

 

 

I was now fast-walking as fast as I could towards the infirmary. Something had happened to Yue? It could be something serious? The corridors were almost empty which was only a good thing since now I didn't look like a lunatic sprinting the hallways just for fun. Not that it really mattered to me. Only Yue did.

When I came to the corner next to the infirmary, I hit someone. That someone had come down the stairs on my right so now we were flying towards the ground because of the momentum. I hit the hard floor first and right after me, came the other dude.

 

 

"Aahhh!!" I whined when my left side hit the ground.

"Ughh!" Came next to me. I sat up quickly even though I was hurting.

"You." I mumbled in confusion as Jungkook sat up to face me as well.

"Where are you heading?" Jungkook asked through the panting.

"..." I couldn't say anything so I just pointed at the infirmary.

"Wait.. Did you hear about Yue too??!" Jungkook questioned slightly shocked and I nodded once.

"Where did you hear about that?" I asked.

"Junhong.."Jungkook started but cut himself off. It followed a great silence as I observed Jungkook's expression.

"Tell me what you're thinking.." I narrowed my eyes to him as if I could read his mind.

"I know what's going on.." Jungkook sighed heavily and stood up, so I followed. "Was Junhong the person who told you this?" He tilted his head.

"Yeah.." I stated. "Are you saying that--" I was cut off by Jungkook.

"I'm saying that the beef between me and him has gone way out of hands by pulling you in to this as well.." Jungkook mumbled all frustrated.

"You don't get along?" I questioned.

"Oh so you haven't heard.. He's the reason why we were in the detention last Friday.." Jungkook explained and rubbed his neck.

"Whoa." Was all I managed to say.

"Hoseok hyung.." Jungkook started carefully and which surprised me was the fact that he was using the word hyung. Every time he spoke to me, he was acting rude or just pissing me off. This time he seemed to act somehow more tender like.

"What?" I questioned, still being doubtful.

"What kind of past you have with Yue?" He asked with blank expression. I bit my lips together and lowered my gaze. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to tell this to him, taking into account that he was after the same girl that I was.

"..." I exhaled heavily. Should I tell him? But if I do that, does it mean that I'm ready to give up?

"I mean.. I'm sure it hasn't always been just friendship.." Jungkook continued and I snorted in amusement.

"We haven't always been just friends, you're right." I stated and turned to look at him again. "I made the biggest mistake of my life when I let her go.. After that, she hasn't seen me the same." I continued, probably exposing more than I should've, but it felt good to open up.

"Whoa.." Jungkook sighed.

"You know Jungkook-ah.." I started.

"What?" He asked and it was the sign for me to continue.

"I'm not really fond of you.. Not at all actually, but you've probably figured that out already." I continued with a smile.

"Very least." Jungkook chuckled once.

"The fact that you're Yue's first crush.. It pisses me off more than anything." And with this, the smile was long gone.

"But you've obviously known her longer." He just shot back.

"Right.. And still get treated like a friend." I tilted my head to him and he lowered his gaze like he understood what I meant. "So what I really try to say is.. I won't give up on her. Not even if you happened to be her first love. I won't give up on her." I stated determinedly.

"Whoa Hoseok hyung.." Jungkook started faintly. "I didn't know you had it in you." He smiled to me widely.

"Yah.. Start taking me seriously." I laughed at him. "And treat her well so that you won't lose so easily.." I added to the end and smiled sadly. Even if I say things like this.

"I will.." Jungkook smiled slightly and suddenly his phone beeped twice. I focused on Jungkook as he dag his phone up from his pocket. It took a while before his expression showed any feelings and when it did, I furrowed my brows.

"What's going on?" I questioned and Jungkook held his phone's screen in front of me. "You two should come to the nearby park if you don't wanna miss the highlight of the evening. It's from Junhong.." I raised my gaze ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter