Insidious sign

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your Pov

 

 

The clock was reaching 6 pm and there were still no signs about Jungkook. I kept reaching my phone out of my pocket continuously only ending up being more disappointed every time I saw the empty screen.

I wasn't home anymore since there I could only think about Jungkook and his words on Tuesday. Why did he want to meet me? What was he going to say? What was this situation even? All those questions ran through my mind multiple times during these two days waiting this meeting to happen. I knew having Jungkook around would cause me a tons of trouble since there was no way I could ever get over what happened in the past. I thought about it once or twice ending up in the same solution. I was weak and hoping that he'd changed for some reason.

After just wondering around the neighborhood without a clear goal to get to, I felt my phone vibrating. Instantly, my palms started to get sweaty as I dug my phone up from my jean jacket's pocket. Without checking the caller, I pressed the phone to my ear.

 

 

"Hey!" I sounded a bit too excited which I regretted right a way. I mentally face palmed while waiting his answer.

"Is this.. Hwang Yue?"

 

 

Jungkook's Pov

 

 

I was standing in front of my old primary school while eyeing the front yard in front of me.

It was empty as it should be at 5 pm on Thursday evening. It felt so warm to be here and eye the smallest details in the school building. Almost everything was the same. I dug my phone up and eyed the screen. It's almost 5:30.. Where's he? I wondered and tried to find the person who I'd came to meet here.

While wondering in my thoughts, I thought back to yesterday and its happenings.

 

 

Flashback, last Wednesday

 

 

After sitting in a metro for an hour, I finally reached Anyang. It didn't take as long as I thought it would but I was happy to be here finally. When I got out of the subway station, I started to head towards my destination.

It took another hour for me to make my way to this nice neighborhood where the streets were clean and the houses huge. It was definitely a rich area to live in. I had never been in here nor never tried to find my way only with an address. Finally I managed to do that.

I stopped in front of this gorgeous looking house and a big front yard. I eyed the gates rounding the house and the yard. Ok here goes nothing. I walked forwards to the gates and reached my hand to grab the handle. When my fingertips brushed over the handle, I saw someone's head popping out from the right behind the stone fence. I startled and jumped backwards before getting a closer look from his facial features.

 

 

"..." His frown turned into a smile when he recognized me.

"Mingyu-ah." I groaned and smiled widely as he opened the gates for me.

"Come here!" Mingyu chuckled and wrapped his arms around me.

"Yah yah yah.. It's fine." I laughed as he let go of me.

"No it's not.. It's been like forever since we saw last time!" Mingyu beamed.

"Well yeah.." I rubbed my neck awkwardly.

"But that can't be the only reason why you wanted to meet me all the way down here right?" Mingyu's smile disappeared and I nodded once. "Okay let's go inside and catch up. My parents are still at work."

 

 

Kim Mingyu had been one of my best friends alongside Junhong when we were in the primary school. Junhong had always been my best friend but I did have few guys I hung up with all of the time. Kim Mingyu was one of them. He was also one of those guys Yue meant when she was talking about the people that bullied her back then.

When our primary school ended, I moved to LA to my dad and Mingyu's family moved to Anyang, not far from Seoul. His parents wanted to move somewhere a bit more peaceful area to build their dream house and get a few dogs. At least that's what I heard from Mingyu when I texted him on Monday.

I followed Mingyu inside of their huge house. They were indeed rich and definitely showing it off. When we got to their living room, I saw two huge dogs running to us from the kitchen's side. They were both white and fluffy. I stopped walking when I saw they were not going to stop running.

 

 

"Oh.." I managed to mouth.

"Don't be afraid.. They're our Samoyeds my parents got a while after we moved here." Mingyu laughed. "Sunja! Dubu! Come here." Mingyu ordered them to him and they both sat down in front of him. I continued my way to Mingyu and saw them two looking up at us with their dark eyes.

"They're cute." I smiled and reached to pat the right one.

"That's Dubu." Mingyu stated and I turned to look at him in confusion.

"Like a tofu?" I frowned with a slight of a smile.

"Yeah well he's big and white and fluffy so.." Mingyu chuckled awkwardly.

"What about the other one?" I reached my hand to the other one who my palm sweetly.

"He's Sunja because he's meek and mild." Mingyu smiled widely as he scratched Sunja'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter