New winds

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Thursday, 19th of June]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

I was standing in front of this huge hotel called Amarillo with Minhyun as we were about to go inside. The clock was 6:54 pm as I checked my phone for the fiftieth time for the last hour. l had never been this nervous in my entire life, as far as I can remember. I bit my lover lip and suddenly the thought of last night with Jungkook flashed through my mind. My lip corners automatically twitched upwards as I thought of waking up next to him this morning.

The school day on the other hand went somehow really fast as if someone had fast forwarded it. I barely saw Jungkook during this day since he had some student council business to attend to. One the other I thought it was good for not seeing him since he would only make me more nervous of this matter. I wanted to keep calm but only thinking about meeting my father for the first time in 13 years. I couldn't even remember how he looked properly. After moving to Seoul, I'd only seen his pictures while checking Shen uncle's photo album through. 

 

 

"You ready?" Minhyun asked suddenly which made me snap back to reality.

"Huh?" I slurred before checking out the Amarillo sign once more. "No not really.." I managed to force a smile to him.

"Please.. Could you at least act confident since I'm totally not." Minhyun chuckled once but his expression told me it wasn't really funny.

"I know I was the one wanting to meet him but.. Everything that happened to Mihee and with Mr. Ha Jungwoo I...... He seems to be the bad kind of person.." I looked down as I let my thoughts out. For a while Minhyun stayed quiet before exhaling heavily.

"I'm afraid as well.." Minhyun told quietly so I lifted my gaze to meet his. "But now it's time for us to ask the questions, I mean.. It's two against one right?" He continued and smiled sadly.

"True.. I'll try not to waver." I nodded confidently.

"Sure.." Minhyun stated back but broke into a sly smile. "But what if I accidentally mention you staying the night at Jungkook's to father..?" He kept on smiling this wicked smile which got my eyes all widen.

"Yah!" I pushed his side with my elbow.

"I'll try not to waver." Minhyun mocked me .

"Just.. Stay focused." I hissed and felt my cheeks heating up.

"Alright fine.. But I'll continue from this topic later." He smirked and pushed the door open to hotel Amarillo.

"No need to.." I whispered as I followed him inside.

 

 

When we stepped inside of the hotel's lounge, I scanned the area through only to see the restaurant's entrance on our left. I pointed at it as Minhyun started to lead us towards it. I gulped hardly as we got closer to the hostess who was typing something on the computer. I wondered if father was already inside or if he knew how we looked or if he really wanted to see us.

 

 

"Good evening. Did you have a reservation?" The beautiful hostess asked nicely as we stopped in front of the check-in desk.

"Thank you. I suppose there should be a table for three under the name of Hwang?" Minhyun told with his not so fluent Korean. I smiled to the lady.

"Let me see.." She checked the computer screen on nodded. "Hwang Minchul right?"

"Yes, that's it." Minhyun told.

"You had the table reserved at 7 pm. I'll lead you to it." She bowed with her neck and started guiding us further in.

 

 

This was the moment I really felt it. My anxiousness had risen now to the point it became hard for me to breath. I followed them from the back and tried to focus on the surroundings, not to the fact that we were soon arriving to our table and father might've been already there waiting for us.

The hostess stopped so I shot my gaze up to the last booth of the corridor beside the window. I tried to peek behind them to see if there was already a person waiting but they stood in front of me so I couldn't see. It didn't take long though before I heard someone saying..

 

 

"Minhyun? It's really my Minhyuni?" I heard husky voice calling before the hostess left the scene. Now I could see him clearly. He was there, alive and looking well. I saw his smiling expression as he stood up to hug Minhyun.

"F-father?" Minhyun stuttered and I know exactly why. He was here wearing a suit and looked like he owned a town or something. It made confused since mom told us he left to earn money for the surgery. If his living state was now this good, why wasn't he there helping mom.

"And Yue.." I heard father's voice stating as he withdrew from Minhyun. I lifted my gaze to meet his and surprisingly, his eyes were glistering. He took a step towards me and held his arms up. I lowered my gaze and shook my head slightly. "Ah.. I see." I heard his quiet words before I noticed him sitting down again.

"Sit down Yue." Minhyun told with quivering voice. I checked the area and saw how Minhyun sat on the other side of the table than father so I sat next to him.

"I can't believe you actually are here.." Father told while eyeing us both through.

"Yeah me neither." Minhyun bit his lips together.

"At least you decided to show up." I noted and my intention was not to sound so prickly but it just came without thinking.

"Look now.. I know you must be upset with me...... But I only did what I had to do just to maintain yours and your mother'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter