Inevitable complications

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Thursday, 17th of April]
Paris, France

 

 

Beilinh's Pov

 

 

I was standing in front of the terminal where the flight would leave straight to Seoul. The flight was supposed to last 11 hours so the time I'd have to spend in the plane was going to be painful. I waved to my parents once more before walking to check in with Sumi. I guess this's it. My time to get independent. We got to our seats and put our bags to the upper compartment before sitting down to wait the flight to take off. (A/N: I'll skips the flight.)

 

 

[Friday, 18th of April]
Seoul, South Korea

 

 

When we arrived in Seoul it was Friday and 6 am local time. I didn't sleep at all in the plane since I was too nervous to manage to sleep. Because plane food doesn't attract me I didn't even eat during the 11 hour flight. Sumi slept almost the whole flight but that's because she's afraid of flying, so she looked all cheery when we arrived at the airport.

 

 

"Can't you be less happy?" I asked and felt my eyes wearing off.

"No way. I'm way too excited about this." Sumi didn't even look at me since her attention was wondering around the huge airport.

"You're only like that because you managed to sleep the whole flight.." I mumbled with a pout so Sumi turned to me.

"The way to success is to stay awake the whole night before the flight and tah-dah!" She winked to me and I snorted. We took our stuff from the machine which transported them from the hold.

"I put message to my harabeoji that we're here." I stated while putting my phone away.

"Does your ha..rabeoji even know how to read messages?" Sumi chuckled and I gave her a mean look.

"Stupid--" I was about to continue but a sudden screaming got my attention. We both turned our attention towards the way where the screaming was heard. Is someone being ribbed or something? I saw a crowd of young people running pass us so I followed them with my gaze. They held some signs which said Bangtan sonyeondan and BTS with some names I've never heard before. Jungkook? Kim Seokjin? Who are these people?

"What those signs said? Is there someone famous coming?" Sumi asked as we turned around to see a group of people walking towards us. The group of girls followed them by their sides so I assume they were their fans.

"What is this?" I asked all amused from Sumi whose jaw dropped.

"Are they famous people?" She asked in awe and closed .

"I don't know but I've never seen them before." I stated honestly. I noticed that the guys were still walking straight towards us so we decided to be reasonable and to move little aside. I guess it wasn't enough because someone bumped shoulders with mine. I almost fell first to the ground but Sumi caught me before I fell. I noticed a guy with a red hair eyeing me in disgust.

"What the--? Watch it brat." He hissed through gritted teeth and continued his way. When the red haired guy stated that to me some black haired guy glanced me quickly with a weird expression before walking pass.

"Brat? Well look at yourself!" I exclaimed after him and he glanced me once more only to look even angrier.

"That.. Horrible creature." I groaned when the guys and the fangirls were far enough not to hear.

"Well this was a good start." Sumi chuckled and I shook my head to her in amusement. This's just my luck.

 

 

When we finally found harabeoji walking in a circle outside of the airport we put our bags to the car and went in. After about an hour driving through the highways and downtown we arrived to this smallish street where harabeoji parked his car. My grandparents were living in Gangnam-gu district and in Samsong-dong neignborhood. We stood up from the car and took our bags before following harabeoji who lead us to their place. I eyed my surroundings and noticed their house being a traditional one. So we're living in a traditional house? I wondered if there were even a proper bathroom.

We walked inside and what surprised me the most was how modern the traditional house was. Sumi eyed everything mouth hanging open and I felt like hitting her at the moment. I placed the bags in the small hallway and followed harabeoji to their kitchen where halmeoni was washing some vegetables.

 

 

"Halmeoni!" I whooped when I saw her and she slowly turned to face me.

"Oh is it our Linnie? You've grown so much!" She walked to me and I hugged her tightly. Last time I saw them was five years ago when they were visiting us in France.

"Of course! You look exactly the same though." I eye-smiled to her as she withdrew away from me.

"You're as sugared as your dad is.." Halmeoni gave me a mischievous smile before turning to look at Sumi who stood behind us quietly. "And you must be Moon Sumi? Nice to meet you." She smiled to Sumi who bowed with her neck.

"So Sumi can understand Korean but can't really speak it that's the reason she came with me." I explained to my grandparents who nodded all understanding.

"She came here to learn the language is that right?" Harabeoji asked and I nodded.

"I really want to learn Korean." Sumi said quietly in English.

"Of course! We're going to help you with that." Halmeoni winked to her and she chuckled. "Now girls why won't you unpack and take a rest upstairs in your room? I'll call when the lunch is ready." She explained and we headed to the hallway to take our stuff.

"Do I need to show you where to go or can you girls find it by yourself?" Harabeoji asked but I refused.

"We'll be alright." I smiled as we headed to the upstairs.

 

 

When we were all do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter