Painful meeting

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Monday, 12th of May]

 

 

Beilinh's Pov

 

 

"Okay let's end the class today a bit earlier since I have somewhere to go." Mr. Kim our biology teacher stated from the front so everyone started to pack their stuff immediately. Mr. Kim walked out of the class and right when he was out, the students started to talk all eagerly.

"Should we go and get some lunch?" I heard a tender voice asking next to me and without turning to look at him, I already knew who it was.

"Jungkook." When I said his name my heart hurt. I still remembered his words even though it's been almost a week. Why do you think I like her? Just because I'm being nice towards her doesn't mean that I like her. If he only had stopped here.

"Look Beilinh hear me first before you run off again." Jungkook's eyes were pleading me to stay where I was but when I looked at him I still heard his cruel words. You can't confuse pity as liking someone. When I didn't give him response he turned his head away in frustration.

"Look Jungkook. I think you've said enough already." I gave him a weak smile and patted his shoulder before heading towards the door. The classroom was now empty except for me and Jungkook.

"Wait." I felt a rough grasp on my right wrist and turned to face him.

"I'm not going to deny nor try to convince that you understood wrongly what I meant. I'm standing behind my words but you need to hear me now." He started and I gulped hardly like I was about to choke in any moment now.

"Then what else do you have to say anymore?" I pushed his hand off from my wrist.

"Mianhae." He said almost inaudible and I felt my lips trembling while trying to keep the tears from falling.

"What's the use? You already told me you pitied me and if that's true, why are you apologizing just now?" I questioned while avoiding gaze with him. If he sees me crying I'll look even more pitiful.

"Because you mean so much to me. Maybe three weeks ago I saw you slightly pitiful, yes,  but not anymore. Basically when you hurt your back I felt so sorry for you but now I know you can handle things by yourself." Jungkook explained and every word he said got more tears forming in my eyes.

"You were my first friend here in school besides Sumi." My voice quivered as I said those words.

"I am your friend." He said and I dropped the first tear still holding my head down. "Beilinh-ah." The way he said my name made all the cells in my body shivering. I wanted to forgive him. In the end even friends fight and Jungkook was my closest friend here excluding Sumi.

"Jungkook-ah." I chuckled once with a crying voice and saw how Jungkook walked closer.

"Now. Don't cry okay." He lifted my chin up and I smiled to me. I quickly wiped my face and hugged him.

"I missed you." I stated as I withdrew away from him. "Don't you ever say you pity me anymore okay. I'm way stronger than you think." I pointed him and snickered after.

"What's going on?" I heard a voice coming from the doorway. We both turned to face the guy who was standing there leaning his shoulder against the wall.

"Hyung?" Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Yoongi." I whispered and saw how he walked closer to us. I saw how piercing his gaze was while eyeing me. His gaze didn't even waver while studying me closely. Suddenly I remembered my words on last week's Friday. Why does it hurt to be around you? It hurts so bad. Instantly I shot my gaze to the floor since I couldn't face him.

"Have you been crying?" I heard him asking as he stopped in between us. Oh boy.

"Aniyo." I shook my head still keeping it down.

"Jungkook-ah. What did you do to her? Why did you make her cry?" Yoongi asked from Jungkook and I closed my eyes in frustration.

"I-I.." Jungkook started but couldn't finish.

"I was just being too sentimental." I lifted my gaze to face him bravely.

"Oh right.." He didn't seem convinced at all as he turned to Jungkook. "I have something with Beilinh so could you..?" Yoongi nudged his head to the door.

"Sure. Beilinh I wait you in the main hallway." Jungkook said to me and I nodded. I looked after his parting back and turned to Yoongi.

"Waeyo?" I asked and noticed how an amused smile was slowly finding its way to his face. "What?"

"It's funny how you now use all the formalities but on Friday night--" Yoongi explained but I cut him off.

"Aniyo! Jwesonghaeyo! I'll promise to make it up to you. I know I should've used the formal way of speaking even drunk--" This time Yoongi cut my explanation off.

"Just be comfortable." He stated with a displeased smile.

"I don't think we're close enough for me to use informal way of speaking. You're my sunbae after all." I tilted my head and found myself teasing him. What am I doing?

"Think what you want." Yoongi scoffed and turned to look away. I snickered quietly.

"Ah. Gomawoyo Yoongi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter