Gloomy reality

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sumi's Pov

 

 

"Yeah you were right. We found a massive amount of benzodiazepine in her blood." I heard someone stating.

"But isn't that like.. Really bad??" Somewhere far I could hear Beilinh's voice.

"Well.. We're still checking her state but I don't think there'll be any permanent damage since it was presumably a disposable act. We'll check her body just to make sure." The same man continued. Where am I? My eyelids were so heavy I couldn't open them just yet. I felt someone squeezing my hand lightly and only now I noticed someone holding it.

"Is there any side effects for that amount of benzodiazepine? Like.. Can she get some symptoms right now?" I assume I heard Jin's voice. What are they talking about?

"There's always a possibility, and if there is, it'll only be faint compared to the symptoms after a prolonged​ use." The man kept going. "So there might be symptoms like headache, nausea, sweating, dizziness, tremor, memory disorders, fever-like fatigue and yeah.. Basically those are the most common ones."

"Only faint huh..?" I heard Yoongi scoff.

"So basically Sumi needs someone to look after her?" Once again Beilinh's voice could be heard. Oh! They're talking about me? Namjoon did say something about them drugging me. The place where the man hit the needle was now itching.

"Well... Let her rest here for a while and then let's see what to do for a continuation. We don't know yet how her body will tolerate the benzodiazepine. Miss Moon needs to wake up first." The man stated and I furrowed my brows. 

"Kamsahamnida." I heard mutual people saying and soon the door went shut.

"I can't believe this." Was definitely Beilinh.

"It's going to be alright. The doctor just said there'll be no permanent damages." Yoongi told and I furrowed my brows even more. I felt the person holding my hand, squeezing it. What startled me was lips on my cheekbone. I felt a warm breath hitting my cheek and shivers running down on my spine. Namjoon?

"Don't listen." I heard him whispering next to me. Oh it is Namjoon. "Just sleep it all away." He continued and I calmed down. With a small nod, he removed his lips from my cheek and chuckled quietly.

 

 

Beilinh's Pov

 

 

I was standing in the corridor next to the room where Sumi and Jungkook was being hold. The clock was soon reaching midnight now that we finally got some results from Sumi's situation. Namjoon brought her in two hours ago and she's been unconscious all of the time. Harabeoji and halmeoni took care of things before they took Sumi to the tests. They were now probably on their way home since the doctor said it was no use for them to stay the whole night, when they could come tomorrow morning as the test results arrives. I insisted to stay of course. After 30 minutes begging, I got the permission to watch over her.

My life was getting harder in every minute now. Was this Karma getting back to me from all of the things I'd done in my life? Somehow it started to seem unfair in to my eyes. I can't believe Sumi's in that state now because of me.. She's about to leave? I wasn't quite sure was I madder to myself or to Sumi because of this situation. That didn't tell me this matter was too much for her to handle. I mean I get the situation but I'm her best friend after all. I am right?

Suddenly a scene from our past flashed through my mind. The scene I had forgotten and I only remembered it now.

 

 

Flashback, 4 years ago

 

 

I was on my way to the nearest cafe from our school. Today, Tuesday, was going to be my lucky day since the boy I liked asked me to finally meet him. Well I got a paper note in my desk saying "I've liked you a long time. Would you like to see me after school today? -Jaques". And that was all it needed to happen. 

I'd liked for him ever since we got in junior high. I was 14 so I'd liked him for the past year straight. There was no other guys than him in my eyes. One problem. My best friend Sumi liked him also. Jaques is year older than me so he goes the same class with Sumi. I'm so envious of her but at the same time, she didn't get asked out, did she?

The sun was shining as I made my skipping down the hill. When I got closer to the cafe, I saw two figures standing outside of it and when I got even closer, I could hear wheat they were talking about.

 

 

"What do you mean you want to break up?? You just told me you liked me!" The girl's voice was awfully familiar. Could it be?

"Hey Sumi.. Can you move on finally? It's over between us.. There's someone else whom I like and that's not you anymore." Was clearly Jaques stating and the girl was.. No other than my best friend Sumi. I stopped from a few meter distance, not because I wanted to, I just couldn't lift my feet from the ground anymore. I clearly knew how much Sumi liked Jaques but I had no idea they actually dated. And right now, I was being the reason for their split-up.

"H-how can you say that to me.. So r-ruthlessly??" Sumi sobbed and the funny thing here was, I didn't feel bad for her. I didn't feel bad for my best friend getting dumped because it only meant I'd get the guy. I was the one being cruel here.

"Because you don't seem to understand!" Jaques raised his voice and suddenly his gaze met mine. "Oh Beilinh." He muttered.

"..." I saw how Sumi's teary gaze got locked on mine. I saw every cell of her body hurting right now. I don't know how long did they date but it seemed like he was her first love and right now I was ruining it.

"B-Beilinh.." Sumi's jaw dropped same as few tears from her eyes.

"Sumi I can explain.." Was the only thing I said. Like I said, I was cruel.

"What? You can explain what?? I don't need your pity talk.. I thought we were friends alright? I guess I was wrong.." I got to give it to her since she could say that all with a stable voice even though she was breaking down in the inside.

"I.." I bounced on options what should I do right now..

"Beilinh do you still want to get something inside?" And Jaques was definitely not helping.

"Okay." I said to him and started to follow him inside.

"Careful what you're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter