Reluctant opponent

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beilinh's Pov

 

 

I dragged Yura with me towards the back yard where I saw Sumi standing a bit aside with Hoseok and Taehyung. I glanced at Yura and saw an uncomfortable expression filling her whole essence. Suddenly why? I furrowed my brows as we arrived to the guys.

 

 

"Annyeong." I shook that confused expression away and greeted them brightly. I saw how they turned their attention to us.

"Beilinh-ah." Hoseok flashed a smile to me while Sumi kept observing Yura.

"Sorry I took so long." I checked how Yura was doing and heard something I didn't except to hear.

"Yura noona!" Taehyung exclaimed and rushed to hug Yura. I immediately let go of Yura's hand and took a step back.

"Who's she?" Sumi asked from me.

"Just someone I met." I ignored Sumi and focused to the scene in front of me.

"Taehyung-ah." Yura smiled sadly to Taehyung as he let go of her. They must be close if Yura calls him Taehyung and he just hugs her like that.

"Yura where have you been? I haven't seen you in school for a long time." Hoseok questioned with a serious tone.

"Well we aren't in the same class so how could you." She chuckled awkwardly like she was hiding something.

"Where do you guys know each other?" I mumbled quietly but Taehyung heard it.

"Yura is Yoon--" He started but from the corner of my eye I saw Yura shaking her head a bit so Taehyung cut himself off. "I mean.."

"We've been friends for a while now." Yura helped Taehyung and smiled to us which got shivers running down on my spine.

"Ah so that's how it is." I acted surprised but noticed Hoseok's expression which was now more confused than Taehyung's was earlier. Something bothers me about this situation.

 

 

The whole scene here was unclear to me. I somehow didn't understand the fact how they knew each other and why did they keep hiding stuff from us. Well if it's something personal that's fine but their way of acting definitely wasn't.

I was so preoccupied that I didn't even notice how we'd walked from the back yard to the main hallway. I snapped back to reality when I saw Jungkook walking inside from the main entrance. Oh Jungkook! I felt how a small smile crept onto my face as he walked closer to us.

 

 

"Jungkook-ah." I retorted to get his attention and so I did. He glanced at me before moving his whole attention to the person next to me. I glanced at Yura who had her gaze nailed on Jungkook's. With an instant Jungkook was already making his way to us.

"Yura." His voice quivered as he said her name. So even they know each other? Why did this situation turn so serious?

"Jungkook-ah." Yura groaned quietly and turned her face away from him. 

"What's going on? Who's this girl anyways? I don't like her." Sumi stated coldly and I scoffed.

"Usually I would say don't be so mean but this time I agree with you. Something feels off here." I said without looking at her.

"Yura we need to talk." Jungkook's words made my stomach throwing somersault. Why did he..?

"Eh.. I'm not sure if that's necessary." Yura noted half-heartedly while avoiding Jungkook's gaze.

"Yura." The way Jungkook's voice cracked as he raised his voice slightly, hurt my heart. They seem to be a couple who just had an argument. I don't like this.

"Maybe later." She gazed at Jungkook before turning to me. "I'll be going now. Thanks for helping me Beilinh." She bowed with her neck and walked away.

"Bye Yura noona!" Taehyung retorted after her while Jungkook kept looking at her.

"I think we should go too." I checked the clock and looked at Sumi. Just right at that moment the nice Jungkook came back.

"Beilinh. Are your legs feeling better or should I carry you again?" He smiled softly to me and I looked down to my legs.

"My legs are completely fine now but maybe next time." I joked and noticed how he started to walk next to me.

"I'll remember that. Give me your hand." Jungkook's words once again got me off guard.

"W-wae?" I tried to act casual but my voice was a little too shaky. He took my left hand and placed it on his right arm.

"You can hold on me." Jungkook stated unabashedly and I almost choked. How am I supposed to react to this?

"Let me help you too." Taehyung ran to me, snatched my right hand and replaced it on his left arm.

"You guys.." I heard Hoseok scoffing in amusement and saw Sumi shaking her head in disapproval.

"Taehyung.." I mumbled and heard Jungkook chuckling. Jungkook seems now like a complete different person that he was while talking to Yoongi at that last time. He's different with Yura too. What's their history?

 

 

Jungkook's Pov

 

 

After the school day ended I ran out of the class as fast as could. I knew Yura wouldn't talk with me if I didn't stop her from going. Yura had always been like this, ever since we met. She wanted to avoid the problems but wasn't ready to do anything about to fix them. I hope she hasn't left yet. I thought while storming towards the main entrance. Without looking around me I ran out of the the school and stood aside from the entrance waiting Yura to come out.

When I waited something like three to five minutes, she appeared in front of me. I immediately walked to her and took a grasp of her wrist. Yura looked at me all bewildered as I dragged her with me to aside from the main entrance. Yura eyed me as I stopped going and let got of her. She scoffed once before starting.

 

 

"Why are you acting like this?" Yura asked slightly frustrated.

"I want to know what did I do wrong?" I stated honestly and Yura gasped.

"Wrong?" She narrowed her eyes like she didn't know what I was talking about.

"Why did you leave me? Did I treat you badly?" I asked and couldn't hide the desperation in my voice.

"Jeon Jungkook!" Yura raised her voice before glancing around the yard. "I thought you'd understood my situation." She continued almost whispering.

"I don't!" I raised my voice and felt my heart cracking.

"Well let me explain. I'm an outcast here. You're part of BTS. You're popular. You're good looking. I'm nothing besides you." Yura furrowed her brows and every word she just said,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter