Belated departure

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sunday, 28th of September]

 

 

Sumi's Pov

 

 

It was the day BTS needed to fly back to Korea. Yesterday went smoothly with the five of us together and evening by seeing the rest of the guys. Today on the other hand, I'd planned to spend with Namjoon until he needed to go. The clock was now 9 am which meant we still had five hours before he needed to leave to the airport.

I was standing in front of my house with Namjoon who held my hand tightly. I turned to look at him and gulped hardly. How's introducing your boyfriend to your family ever been this hard? Wait I know. Because I've never done it before! Suddenly Namjoon let out this small snort so I snapped back to reality.

 

 

"What?" I questioned and noticed how my voice had gotten weaker.

"Should I be scared or what's going on? We've been standing here now for the last five minutes." Namjoon just laughed to my nervousness.

"Hey! This isn't as simple as you think it is. My parents.. They're a bit different." I rubbed my neck and felt Namjoon pecking my the top of my head.

"I don't believe you. You're just overthinking. Let's go." Namjoon placed his hand to our door handle and pressed it down.

"No no no!" I closed my eyes tightly when I heard steps in our hallway. "Okay let's go." I brushed inside through the door gap which Namjoon was holding open.

"You're seriously." He mumbled as he entered in to our small hallway.

"Is it you Sumi? Did you already get out of work?" My dad shouted somewhere.

"I have an evening shift." I shouted back. "Where are you? Is mom there?" I asked from them and glanced Namjoon who was studying our house though.

"In the living room and yes she is." He retorted back and I pulled Namjoon with me towards our living room.

"Wait here a second." I told him when I came to the corner of our living room. "I'll call you when you can come." I whispered but he just laughed.

"What are you doing Sumi? Come here now?" Dad ordered so I stepped in to the living room.

"Heyyy." I waved to them awkwardly.

"What's going on? Why you're home at this time? Where's Beilinh?" Mom bombed the questions.

"I just felt like it.. And mom! I have other friends than Beilinh." I mumbled.

"Sure sure. Was there something you needed to see us for?" Mom asked and I felt a lump getting stuck in my throat. I'll die anytime soon I swear.

"Okay so.. You know when I was in the Korea for three months and came back after two months..?" I explained something which made no sense.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Mom asked and I saw how she exchanged gazes with my dad.

"Let me continue.. So when I was in Korea I met this one guy.." I started and saw how my mom's jaw had dropped to the ground.

"Did she say what I believe she said?" Dad asked from mom who nodded slowly.

"So.. I have a boyfriend." I stated and turned to leave.

"Sumi Moon don't you dare to take another step!" Dad raised his voice and I slowly turned back around.

"A boyfriend?" Mom stood up from the couch and walked to me. "All the way in Korea? Are you kidding me?"

"This's the reason I didn't tell you earlier." I mumbled.

"Since when you've been dating this Korean guy??" Dad walked to stand next to my mom.

"Since four months ago.. I've known him for a five moths already so no need to worry--" I didn't manage to end.

"You're too young for dating! I won't allow this. Break up with this guys immediately." Dad stated all seriously.

"Dad~! I'm 19 what are you saying now?" I couldn't hide the amusement.

"He's living way too far away from you darling. You should break up with him for your own good." Mom continued. What's with them and breaking up?

"Hey look my beloved parents. I have no intention on breaking up with him. I love him with the bottom of my heart." I saw how my mom's jaw dropped again and how my dad's attention shifted somewhere behind me. Suddenly I felt arms around my waist from the back. I glance to my right where I saw Namjoon flashing me a quick smile before withdrawing from me.

"Hello. You must be Régine, and Edgard Feliz. I've heard so much about you." Namjoon smiled to them and held his hand to my mom who managed to grab it. "My name is Namjoon Kim and I'm going out with your daughter. Nice to meet both of you." He shook his hand with my mom before turning to my dad. Dad shook his hand as well and now they both glanced at each others.

"Nice to meet you too Namjoon." My mom slurred and turned to my dad. "He's pretty tall for Asian."

"Hey mom that's a bit..!" I wrinkled my nose.

"What did they say?" Namjoon asked but I ignored him.

"He doesn't seem bad at all. Did you see the flawless English he pulled there just now? He seems pretty smart." Dad continued.

"You're being mean by speaking about him right in front of his face!" I started to get annoyed. "And he's really smart, not just pretty!"

"Is there a problem?" Namjoon asked in English so both of my parents turned to him again.

"I assume you're going to take care of my daughter?" Dad asked from Namjoon who glanced at me.

"Of course." Namjoon smiled.

"Then.. Don't let us down." Mom tried to sound stern but failed. "Welcome in to the family." She smiled as well so Namjoon dared to wrap his arm around my waist again.

"Success!" I grinned to Namjoon and pecked his lips.

"I still hadn't gotten used to that, no." Dad shook his head and walked to the kitchen.

"You better behave! Such teens." Mom snorted and followed my dad in to our kitchen.

"Excuse me but I turned 20 this month." Namjoon said back to them in Korean and I chuckled.

"Let me show you my room." I pulled him with me. I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter