Unforeseen ally

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sumi's Pov

 

 

When we reached their chemistry class, Jungkook helped Beilinh down from his back. I eyed how Jungkook walked to the class and I gave a girly smirk to Beilinh before she followed Jungkook inside of the classroom. I checked the time which was almost 8 o'clock which on the other hand meant, I was about to be late.

I rushed towards my English class which was on the same corridor as Beilinh's class but a bit further. When I was only ten meters away from the class, I heard familiar voice calling me somewhere behind me. I froze to my spot before slowly turning around to face my homeroom teacher. Phew. This means I'm not late for the class.

 

 

"Moon Sumi!"

"Mr. Choi." I bowed to him when he stopped in front of me.

"Sumi. I finally had the time to arrange you a tutor who understands English and speaks it fluently." Mr. Choi smiled and I bit my lips. Oh boy. I wished he'd already forgotten about it.

"Oh.. But I have Beilinh to help if I need someone to translate." I explained awkwardly. A tutor? I don't want that.

"Yes but you also have to make some new friends besides Beilinh." He stated sternly and I nodded.

"Well I guess so." I agreed and couldn't hide my frustration. I shot my gaze up from the floor when I heard steps walking towards us. When I recognized him, I felt my anxiousness arose. Why him from all the people?

"Nice to have you here." Mr. Choi told to the guy when he arrived to us. The guy bowed to the teacher with his neck.

"Of course I'll help." He stated casually and when his gaze met mine his calm expression changed to a one I couldn't read. I think he was kind of surprised to see me here. It seems like he dislikes the idea as well. 

"So! Here's one of our seniors Kim Namjoon. He'll help you with everything so just go and pull his sleeve if there's a problem." Mr. Choi explained all eagerly and patted Namjoon's shoulder. Kim Namjoon eh? "And.. You should introduce yourself to him and maybe change numbers if that's okay. I'd do it otherwise but I need to go because I've got some family business to deal with. Good luck!" He smiled to me and left the scene. After he was gone I saw this Namjoon guy turning to look at me.

"So.. Maybe you should start by telling me your name before we're changing numbers." He stated calmly and looked straight in to my eyes. His gaze was so intensive I needed to shift my gaze away from his.

"Hmph. I'm Sumi. Moon Sumi." I told and glanced his expression.

"Sumi. Pretty name you got." He noted and I felt my cheeks heating up. Why am I being so darn awkward around him?

"Eh? Thanks I guess." I was surprised by his words.

"You should give me your number or other way around." Namjoon said without hesitations and I almost choked.

"But Mr. Choi said that only if it's okay.." I held my phone tighter in my hand.

"It's not okay?" He questioned and looked somehow amused which why I lowered my gaze.

"It's fine but--" Before I could end my sentence he already took the phone from my hand and started to type something. "Hey give that back."

"Wa-ait.." Namjoon eyed the screen closely and almost right after that his phone vibrated. He gave my phone back to me and smiled. "Thanks."

"You.." I pouted and he chuckled. Don't say anything stupid right now Sumi.

"Now, if you need to ask anything or need help at something you can call me okay?" The way he said those words got butterflies flying in my stomach.

"Okay but.." I approved but didn't want him to go. Should I apologize about that Monday?

"Hm?" Namjoon tilted his head and flashed a small smile.

"Ah.. Never mind." I shook my head and saw his amused expression.

"Okay then I'm leaving first." He was about to go but I stopped him again.

"Wait." I closed my eyes in frustration and thought about what I wanted to say. When I opened my eyes I saw Namjoon looking at me once again.

"What's with the expression?" Namjoon chuckled. "Is there something you wanna tell me?" He cocked his brow and I sighed heavily.

"Okay.. Look. I'm sorry about the last time." I finally let it out and looked up to him.

"This week's Monday?" He asked and I saw some curiousness behind his gaze.

"I'm sorry for not being able to say anything to you. I just didn't think someone would just come and say anything to me." I told honestly and saw him narrowing his eyes. This was a bad thing. I shouldn't have apologized.

"Really? Would think you've gotten pretty used to it since you're that pretty. I bet the guys can't keep their hands off from you." All those things he said made my breathing harder. I looked away from him and furrowed my brows. Why does he say things like that? I can't deal with this.

"Well I wouldn't say I'm pretty but thanks for the compliment." I gathered myself up and forced a smile to him.

"Don't take it too seriously. I'm just joking." Namjoon chuckled and I bit my lower lip.

"Okay but did you understand the whole point of my apology?" I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter