Minor disillusionment

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Monday, 26th of May]
Midterms: Day 1

 

 

Beilinh's Pov

 

 

The clock was 7 am as my alarm clock went on. I turned it off and leaned my head against the pillow emphatically. I lifted my head from the pillow only to see Sumi was waking up on her mattress. It was good to be back home again. I was about to sleep some more since our test was only going to start at 9 o'clock. Just when I closed my eyes, my phone vibrated. I reached it from the nightstand and swiped the screen open. Yoongi?

I sat up properly before opening the message. »Morning Beilinh-ah. Did you sleep well?« I grinned to his message and quickly checked if Sumi was looking before typing a reply. »How come you're awake so early? I slept well in an actual bed..하하« With that I left my phone on my bed and went to wash up while Sumi was just sitting on her mattress. 

When I came back, after 15 minutes, Sumi had managed to get up. She headed to the bathroom without any words as I took my school uniform from the closet. From side view I saw my phone's led blinking once in a while so I reached to get my phone before dressing up. »I slept so well I just woke up by myself.. Hey good luck to your biology exam.« I furrowed my brows. How did he know I had biology exam today? Then I thought of Jungkook who was living in the same dorm as he. I only sent him a thumbs up emoji, leaving the conversation like that.

 

 

"Hey Sumi.. Can I finally know the reason why you're covered in hickeys?" I asked casually as we were walking to the school.

"Eh..?" Sumi tried to cover her neck but was already busted.

"Don't even try to lie.. What's going on between you and Namjoon sunbae?" I . Even though I was aware of their relationship I wanted her to tell me about it first.

"Well.. I think I'll find out today." She shrugged and I took a grip of her shoulder.

"What?? Are you going somewhere with him?" I asked and saw a smile creeping on her face. "No way.. Oh! Have you guys done you know.. That yet?" I tilted my head innocently and saw Sumi rubbing her forearm awkwardly.

"Nope." Sumi shook her head. "I told him that I like him only two days ago.. You dirty minded brat." She continued and I gritted my teeth.

"I'm not dirty minded." I pouted.

"Worse than me." Sumi shrugged. "Hey have you talked with Jungkook recently? I heard he had something to tell you." Just in that moment, and I don't even lie, my phone vibrated. I started to dig it up from my bag, ignoring Sumi's question. Jungkook? I opened the message. »Can we meet up after the exam? I need to tell you something.« I lifted my gaze from my phone to Sumi.

"It's Jungkook." I stated while wearing this questioning look. "He asked me to meet him after the exam." I narrowed my eyes to her as if she'd planned this all. How did he manage to sent the message just when we were talking about him?

"Oh really?" Sumi didn't sound even surprised. I turned back to my phone. »In front of the main entrance.« I sent him a reply before we continued our way. This seems suspicious.

 

 

The clock reached 11 am which meant that the test was about to end. I gathered all my papers and smiled amusedly. Nailed it. Like I've told, I don't even need to put effort in it. I glanced the students around me. Only few of them were done, including Jungkook who eyed the yard from the window, others were still struggling with the questions. Wonder what's so important that he needs to tell it so officially. I heard the teacher standing up from her chair so I turned my attention to her.

"Okay everyone gather up your papers and bring them to the front. The test is over." Mr. Kim raised his voice and sighing around the classroom started. Everyone started to take their papers to the teacher's table. I saw few of the guys trying to change the answers.

When I got out of the classroom I didn't see Jungkook around. Did he go to the main entrance already? Suddenly I remembered Yoongi and our promise. Oh no. I needed to tell Sumi about him yesterday but I forgot! I quickly rushed towards the main entrance hoping he wouldn't be anywhere near me. I hid on the front yard right next to the wall so when the students passed me, they didn't notice my presence.

 

 

"What are you doing?" He asked all amused and I shot my gaze to him.

"Jungkook-ah?" My voice was slightly raised because of surprise.

"Then who else?" Jungkook cocked his head and I glanced around him.

"There was no others with you?" I stuttered.

"Just me." He shrugged.

"That's relief." I said quietly. "What did you need to tell me?" I focused on him again.

"..." Jungkook tried to smile but failed. Whoa what's this?

"What's up?" I guided him.

"I think that I have feelings for you." He stated and my heart skipped a beat. What? An actual confession? No way please. "Ani.. I know that I like you."

"You like me.. Since when?" I asked baffled when I thought about the moment in the forest with him.

"Since you overheard my conversation with Jin." (A/N: Chapter 11) Jungkook muttered and I turned to look away. "When I told those words I realized I actually liked you." So he started to like me when I decided to forget him? Nice timing.

"I knew it.. All along." I sighed heavily.

"You knew I liked you?" Jungkook cocked his brows and I nodded.

"Since when you hugged me in the forest, I got that feeling." I told honestly and lowered my gaze unable to continue.

"Did you also realize the kisses weren't accidents?" He asked with a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter