First hardship

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beilinh's Pov

 

 

I came out of the biology class and headed towards our lockers where we were supposed to meet before lunch. I walked the stairs down and turned to the right to arrive in the corridor where our lockers were located. I lifted my gaze up from the books and saw Sumi leaning her back against the lockers and next to her stood some blonde guy. Wait what? Sumi with a guy.. Here?

I stopped walking and stayed a bit away from them and observed them closely from a distance. Suddenly the guy started to rub his neck like he would be embarrassed. This doesn't look so good. The guy bowed at her and turned to my direction and soon passed me. I noticed Sumi staring after him but at the next moment she'd already pressed her forehead against the locker. Oh boy. 

 

 

"Hey. So... What's up between you two?" I asked and pointed somewhere after the guy.

"Ah.. Beilinh hey.. You saw?" She asked with a smile but her voice told differently.

"Yes I saw.. Sumi.. What happened?" I asked and placed my hand on her shoulder so she'd turn around.

"Well.. He came to me and started to ask questions and.." Sumi started but couldn't continue.

"And you froze?" I mentally facepalmed myself.

"Well not exactly.. I told him that I can't speak Korean." Sumi looked at me and my expression brightened. "But I said it in French.." She continued and now I actually facepalmed. 

"What? Oh gosh. You know how to speak English fluently so why in French??" I exploded without my intention of course. She can be so stupid at times.

"Mm.. I guess I just  got panicked." Sumi shrugged slightly depressed and I shook my head.

"I'm sure you'll meet many guys here and get the chance to speak with them. Oh right! Has the waiter guy called you yet?" I changed the topic and smiled at her. I know Sumi and she doesn't get scared in front of guys.

"Oh.. I'd forgot him already." Sumi chuckled awkwardly. "But arasseo unnie!" Sumi winked to me and I furrowed my brows.

"Wait.. Let's get this straight. I am not your unnie. I'm younger than you so you're my unnie." I explained and saw how Sumi's eyes widened slightly.

"Unniee~ Begopayo! Let's go and eat!" She whined and tried to act cute. She didn't understand my explanation just now did she?

"I'm your dongsaeng not unnie! Get your together now Sumi. You're my unnie, I'm not yours. Oh but if you want to you can call me Beilinh-ssi now since we're in Korea." I smirked and hoped she wouldn't catch on.

"You need to say -ssi to someone who's higher place in a social status than you, was it so.. Beilinh-ah are you trying to trick me?" Sumi chuckled and I smiled all amused to her.

"I can see you've done your homework." I wrinkled my nose.

"At least one of us." Sumi shot back and I snorted.

 

 

After the lunch we went our own ways once again since we didn't have any classes together today. Now I had math and Sumi had art class. The class went slowly by listening Mr. Kang teacher, who happened to be my homeroom teacher, giving advices how to solve a triangle inequality. When it was time for us to do the puzzles on our own, I saw someone appearing on my right. I didn't pay attention to the person next to me until he started to speak.

 

 

"Hey beautiful." He stated casually and I knew right away who it was without even looking.

"Annyeonghaseyo Jung Hoseok-ssi." I noted and lifted my gaze from the book for a moment before focusing back to the puzzle. He goes to our school as well? With the blonde guy?? What a coincidence.

"Yah yah yah.. Don't  be so formal with me. Just say Hoseok oppa." He winked and I frowned. 

"But aren't you my sunbaenim.." I moved my attention back on him and he snorted in amusement.

"It doesn't matter." He chuckled and smiled in disbelief. Wait.. He's my sunbae? I don't even know his age. But thinking of it.. If he's in this class he's also 17. He just doesn't look that young..

"Hey tell me Hoseok-ssi. How old are you?" I cocked a brow.

"Hah. I'm 19, wae?" Hoseok told all casually like it was normal for senior to be in freshmen's class.

"Then why on earth we're in the same class right now?" I narrowed my eyes while thinking all kinds of possibilities through.

"Well I got a bit distracted in every math class so our teacher sent me here to get some self-discipline​. I'm in your class only this week though." He explained and it seemed like we've already knew each other for years. 

"Okay Hoseok-ssi!" I smiled evilly and noticed his incredulous expression. "Could you help me with this?" I pointed one of the puzzles and Hoseok burst out of laughter.

"Didn't I just say I'm a bit left out when it comes to math?" He was still laughing.

"Well you should know these since it's all freshman stuff." I shrugged and he sat down onto the empty seat next to me.

"With this function?" Hoseok questioned and pointed the puzzle I wanted to solve.

"Let's do it together sunbaenim." I chuckled lightly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter