Deviant confession pt.2

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sumi's Pov

 

 

"You know this's not the best place to take a rest." I heard his voice behind me. I could recognize that voice even from miles away. I felt my heart fluttering because of the fact that he was standing right beside me.

"..." I didn't say a word and unwrapped my arms from my legs. I lifted my gaze slightly up from my lap and stared at the ocean not wanting to face Namjoon. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry? I like you?

"You okay?" He asked and I saw him placing himself to the ground next to me.

"..." I only nodded and thought about the lyrics from his verse. As if I'll give even more when she takes away my all.

"Are you playing a mute again?" Namjoon asked seriously and I twiched my lip corner upwards.

"No." I shook my head with a quivering voice. No way, not again.

"Did you understand what I was saying in the song? I know it's in Korean but--" He started and I cut him off. One thing needed to be cleared.

"Namjoon I need to tell you something." I turned to him and his gaze melted me inside.

"..." He stayed quiet just studying my face.

"I understand Korean." I exhaled and saw his brows now forming a straight line.

"You.. What? How? Like all of the time? Whoa wait. Can you speak it?" Namjoon sounded slightly deceived and I guess it was right. I did deceive him.

"I can't speak at all. I only understand." I sighed. "I'm fully Korean but I was adopted to France when I was four years old. I got to know Beilinh at that age and we started to play together. Since then we've been friends and Beilinh's the reason why I even understand Korean. My parents speaks French to me so through Beilinh I learnt to understand the language. I want you to know that my intention wasn't to deceive you in the first place. I just got.. Stuck." I explained and the fisrt encounter with him flashed through my mind.

"Whoa." He sighed heavily. "So when I came to talk with you, you actually understood me?" Namjoon was now speaking Korean like he'd be testing me.

"Yeah. I actually answered you in French saying that I don't speak Korean but.." I mumbled awkwardly.

"Why in French? You speak English fluently." I heard some amusement behind Namjoon's words.

"I was really surprised that a handsome guy came to talk to me on my first day in Korean school." I stated. There. I said it. I admitted he's handsome.

"I'm handsome?" Namjoon cocked his brows and I turned to look away.

"You're a jerk." I chuckled once.

"Says the one who's been deceiving me all of the time. There was times when I was wondering how did you understand even though the guys were speaking Korean." He wondered out loud and I turned my gaze to him.

"I listened your thoughts well." I said quietly referring to his lyrics earlier. I saw how his smile disappeared.

"Look. I'm sorry but it's true. I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time now.. I can't stand to see you with those guys. With Minwoo and the twins.. Even seeing you getting along with Jin so well bothers me." I saw him frowning and I had to lower my head to hide the smile.

"Why?" I asked after I got my expression steady.

"You seriously can't see it?" Namjoon chuckled without humor. "After you kissed me, my mind went crazy. It was seriously messed up." He shook his head in amusement and I could see myself kissing him.

"Oh right." I smiled slightly.

"I even confessed." His words got me off guard. I suddenly felt like choking to my own tongue.

"You did?" I closed my eyes to remember. Oh no. "You were the guy all of the time? It was you all along?" I questioned and he chuckled.

"You didn't recognize me." Namjoon shook his head in disapproval and I snorted.

"I'm sorry." I stated and got stuck on his gaze piercing my eyes. His gaze was so intensive I had to calm myself down. I saw how his eyes were on my lips and how he leaned closer. This isn't right. I winced away from him and earned a confused look from him. "Namjoon.. I.." I started and saw him getting up. Nice work Sumi.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter