Hard decisions

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Wednesday, 16th of April]
Paris, France - 2014

 

 

Beilinh's Pov

 

 

I woke up on a beautiful morning. I slowly opened my eyes and squinted a little. Such a pretty morning. Nice to spend it in school. Actually I liked school. I liked to study because I don't have to put much effort on it. I think I'm just natural talent at it. I liked studying but I didn't like going to the school because of the few students. You would think in high school bullying and those things had improved but guess what? You're wrong. Not in our school at least. I've survived the last year just because of my best friend Sumi.

Sumi was born in South-Korea and almost right after she'd born her parents gave her to adoption. Sumi's both biological parents were living in South-Korea but because they wanted to see the world, they decided to give Sumi for adoption. Somewhere near of the age three my neighbors adopted Sumi. They wanted to have a beautiful Asian baby girl but were slightly disappointed when they heard she couldn't speak any Korean. However they loved her and I couldn't be happier that things are working well for both of us.

My mom is French and dad Korean so that makes me half both. Mine and Sumi's parents knew each others before hand so when they got Sumi, we started to play with each other. Of course Sumi's parents assumed that when we played together she'd learn some Korean. Sadly it didn't work out like they hoped. Sumi did learn to understand Korean a little but she didn't know how to make sentences. After playing together since I was three and Sumi four, we grew really close friends. Sumi's my only proper friend in school right now. She supports me in every way which reminds me.. 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

 

 

"Come in!" I exclaimed through the door and stood up from my bed. Sumi walked inside like she was the owner of the place and smiled to me.

"Hey Beilinh. Did you sleep well?" She asked like she did every morning.

"Well.. Not so much.. I had that strange dream again." I explained while Sumi dug my closet.

"Again? The one with Jaques?" She asked not so interested about the subject and threw a black skirt at me.

"Yes." I sighed while getting the skirt from the floor. Sumi just shook her head and threw a light pink shirt for me.

"Maybe it means you still like him?" She questioned and I got a sudden desire to hit her. Oh no I don't like him!

"Hey.. You aren't helping me right now." I wrinkled my nose as I put the clothes on.

"I can't help you with that you know." Sumi grinned to me widely before checking herself from the mirror. "Come on we're already late."

 

 

After arriving to the school we walked to the main entrance and soon inside. It wasn't anything new but we noticed the corridors being completely empty. Sumi glanced me and I shook my head. We both knew what was going on. Sudden scream got me off guard so without any second thoughts we were already rushing to the back yard where the noise was coming from.

When we saw a crowd of students rounding something I felt my blood boiling. You're an idiot Jaques. Always bothering some innocent person. I sighed heavily before walking towards the crows.

 

 

"Hey Jaques! What's it this time?" I asked casually after pushing myself through the students and arriving to the scene. He lifted his gaze from the guy lying on the ground and moved it to me. When our gazes met he smirked evilly.

"Well hello there Red head. How nice it's to see you." Jaques walked closer to me and eyed my calm expression. Sometimes I really want to get rid of this hair color.

"When are you going to stop harassing every other person that meets gazes with you in the hallway? I think you're slowly turning from cool to pathetic." I stated and smiled to him innocently.

"What?" His expression darkened a bit when the other students laughed at him.

"Even though you're jealous of him.." I pointed the guy lying on the ground. "You don't need to go that far." I and made a girly smirk.

"Jealous? For that nerd? In your dreams Ariel." Jaques chuckled out loud but there was no humor in his voice.

"Jaques this's ridiculous.. Your ego is getting bigger same as your smaller. Who are you to tell others what to do with their lives?" I dropped the bomb and the whole yard was now discussing about Jaques's third leg same as laughing at him.

"You ." That was the thing he couldn't filter anymore and with a proper strength he pushed me against the wall so I hit my head at it. He pressed his forearm on my neck so I couldn't breathe properly.

"How many times I've told you to mind your own business!" He roared while I tried to remove his forearm away from my neck. I can't breath. I really can't.

"Y-youh fu-er." I fizzled even though I couldn't breath prop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter