Last chapter

Life is unexpected

 

JOO HYUN'S POV

 


 

“I-I’m sorry Kyung Soo, I can’t,” I stepped one step backward and released my hand from his hold.

“Yet,”

“This is happening too fast and I can’t think properly. Give me some time, I promise I’ll give you a proper answer,” he looked down and sighed before he stood up again. He then flashed me an unreadable smile.

“I guess that can’t be help. Yixing really has a big influence in your life, isn’t it? I’m sorry though for my actions just now. I didn’t know from where I got the courage to do all that too. I’m deeply sorry; I really had never been like that before and it actually shocked me too,” I don’t know why he explained that to me, but I can only give him an awkward smile before I continued talking again.

“Then, I’ll go home first. See you again,” it would be weird and awkward if I were to talk about what happened too, so I just said that to him. He nodded and we separated our ways to go home.

END OF POV

 

NIGHT

After dinner, Joo Hyun went to Suho’s house and brought along her teddy, planning to sleep over at Suho’s. She went up to Suho’s bedroom after she greeted his parents.

 

Seeing Joo Hyun dazing off, Suho snapped his fingers in front of her face before he jumped onto the bed and lied down beside her.

“What’s wrong? Did something happened?” he turned his body to face Joo Hyun and folded his arms against his chest, and so did Joo Hyun.

“Suho-ah, I’m crazy isn’t it?” Suho slightly pushed his head backwards and frowned.

“What’s with that question?”

 

“Ugh, this is frustrating!!!” she ruffled her hair roughly, making Suho to hold her hands to stop her from keep doing that.

“Whoa, calm down, can’t you? What’s wrong? Look at yourself, you look like a crazy girl with your hair like that,” he wanted to laugh, but he held it in, feeling that he’ll be in trouble if he did. Instead, he helped Joo Hyun to fix her hair when they got up from the lying position and sat down on the bed, facing each other.

“Y-Yah, is it possible to kiss two different guys within two weeks?” Suho stopped his hand from fixing Joo Hyun’s hair and raised his eyebrows, while she blinked her eyes innocently at the latter.

“Did that happened to you? Who was the other guy that you kissed? When?”daebak, baby girl.

 

“Uh, just now, after school, with Kyung Soo,” Suho’s mouth hanged ajar after he heard that, making Joo Hyun to push up her fingers under Suho’s chin to close it again.

“Heol. You knew he likes you, right? How come did that happened? Wait a second, do you actually like him too?” he folded his arms against his chest once again and moved his face closer to Joo Hyun’s as he made his eyes smaller. Joo Hyun sighed before she pushed Suho’s forehead backward using her right palm, producing gap between their faces again.

“I don’t know. That’s why I asked you, I’m crazy, right? Suho-ah, what should I do? I’m confused,” she pouted before she lied down on Suho’s lap. Suho looked down at the latter and her hair gently, trying to think for an answer to help Joo Hyun. Aigoo, she’s still a baby after all.

 

 

“I’m not trying to say that whatever I’m going to tell you after this is right and what you should do. But Hyunnie, think again, do you really love Yixing or was it just because you were too attached with your past with him. And if you really still love Yixing, then why would you feel jealous when Kyung Soo was with another girl? Why do you feel troubled when he avoided you? And the most important thing, why would you kissed him? About Yixing, I’m not saying that he would probably cheat on you again, the possibilities for him to do that again are very low, and I can feel that. The thing now is your heart. Follow your heart and trust it. I don’t want you to choose the wrong person and end up being not fully contented with your choice. But whatever your choice is, you have my support, baby girl,” Suho makes sure he made eyes contact with Joo Hyun as he talked while he kept her long hair softly. She sighed and locked eyes with Suho again.

 

Sigh, arasseo. I'll think about it more later. Tomorrow, I’ll tell Yixing and Kyung Soo about it. But Suho-ah; isn’t it just the same as breaking off the friendship bond that I made with the person that I reject?” she blinked her eyes innocently.

“Aniya, they need to accept whatever your decision is. It’s not like love can be forced. It may be hard at first, but eventually, it will get better. You had done that with Yixing once, why would you think you can’t do that again? Besides, you’re just too precious to be ignored for his whole life, especially when he had once loved you,”

“Eww, you sounded cheesy,” she punched Suho’s chest once and made he winced before she got her head up from Suho’s lap and sat face-to-face with him once again.

“But you’re right; it will get better as time goes on. For now, let’s just go to sleep, looking at your face makes me feels damn sleepy,” she immediately slumped her body onto the bed and made her back of body faced Suho.

“Yahh, is this how you should treat me after I helped you? Yahh, get up,” he tickled Joo Hyun and made her laughed hard that her voice didn’t come out from the laughter before he finally stopped. Joo Hyun wanted to attack him back with punches, but he managed to hold her hands just on time.

 

 

Are you kidding me? It is the Tae-Kwon-Do's black belt holder I’m facing right now; my ribcage might crack from the punches!

 

“A-Arasseo, m-mianhe mianhe. I’ll stop right now. Let’s go to sleep,” he grinned nervously and back-hug Joo Hyun when both them lied on the bed.

“By the way, does your head hurt? Sorry, I totally forgot about that just now,” he carefully tried to touch the sutured area with his fingers.

“No it’s not, don’t worry,” Joo Hyun tapped Suho’s hand that was around her waist softly, ensuring him that her head does not hurt at all.

“I’m glad to hear that. Good night baby girl,” she nudged Suho’s chest with her elbow once before she fixed herself in Suho’s embrace.

“Good night too, kiddo gramps,”

 

 

NEXT DAY – SATURDAY (EVENING)

 

Kyung Soo, can we meet up at the usual place? I’ll give you an answer.

 

Kyung Soo widened his eyes after he read the message that Joo Hyun sent to him and his palpitating heart wasn’t helping him too.

 

Okay, I’ll see you there.

 

Joo Hyun went to the park alone, refusing Suho’s offer to accompany her. Don’t get nervous, Song Joo Hyun. You’re just going to meet your friend there. Since she was earlier than Kyung Soo, she bought apple yogurts for both of them and sat on the wooden bench while waiting for him.

 

I’ve given Oppa an answer; it’s time to tell Kyung Soo too. I don’t know if this decision that I made is the best or not, but I know everything will be fine. I believe that ‘once a friend, forever a friend’, so no matter what happened, nothing can break the friends bond apart, not even love.

 

“H-Hi, did you wait long?” the thought was snapped by Kyung Soo’s voice as he settled down beside Joo Hyun. She gave him the yogurt while shaking her head sideways and Kyung Soo mumbled a ‘thanks’ before silently opened the lid and took a sip of it. Both were nervous, not sure what to say or what to respond. So they just let the evening breeze accompany the silence between them, trying to find the right moment to say something to each other.

 

“K-Kyung Soo,” she turned her body towards Kyung Soo a bit and hold the yogurt on her lap while biting her lower lip.

“A-About what you ask yesterday, I’ve an answer for you,” Kyung Soo gulped his saliva and looked at Joo Hyun with eyes almost popped out. He was actually hoping for Joo Hyun to say yes badly. If ever Joo Hyun says yes, that would the happiest moment he had ever experience in his whole life.

 

“But before that, I’m really sorry. I’m sorry for never noticing what you feel for me and yet, I told you about my past love story as if it is just something normal to be shared--“

“No, it’s okay, Hyun. At least, I know what the reason behind your cold attitude towards guys. I’m deeply thankful because you told me about it, really,” Joo Hyun could see sincerity flashed in Kyung Soo’s eyes as he said that.

“I’m glad if you think about it like that,” she heaved out a relieved sigh before she fixed her voice once. Her fingers trembled and she could feel her body turned colder from the nervousness. She clasped her hands together with the bottle in between, hiding the fact that her fingers were actually trembled badly from Kyung Soo’s sight.

 

“K-Kyung Soo, a-about you asked me yesterday, c-can you ask me once again like how you did before?” Kyung Soo blinked his eyes a few times, trying to decipher what Joo Hyun had told him.

“Do you mean the proposal?” Joo Hyun bit her lower lips and nodded slowly – avoiding Kyung Soo’s eyes. Kyung Soo then took a deep breath before he stood up from the bench and faced Joo Hyun. He was actually confused with the fact that Joo Hyun asked him to do that again. To add on, he was afraid that Joo Hyun will reject it rather than accepting Despite that, he still leaned down and took Joo Hyun’s right hand from her lap and held it out softly. He could feel the cold when their hands touched each others', but he wasn’t sure if it was Joo Hyun’s hand that was cold or it was his hand himself. He gulped down his saliva and lifted Joo Hyun’s chin a bit before he kneeled down on one knee and said the words once again,

 

“Joo Hyun, will you be my one and only girlfriend?” he looked right into Joo Hyun’s eyes lovingly. Joo Hyun hesitated for a moment before she asked back,

 

“What will you do if I accept your confession? Are you sure you'll love me forever? No wait, are you sure I can love you as much as you love me?” Joo Hyun braved out herself to say those words to Kyung Soo, silently hoping Kyung Soo would answer honestly.

 

“I swear, Hyun. I’ll never leave you and I’ll never hurt you, let alone to ever cheat on you or anything. If fate won’t cross our lines, I promise to always be by your side and yes, I’ll love you more and more as days passes by, forever, And even if you can't love me as much as I do for now, I won't give up to make you fall for me even more,”

“Then how about Suho? Can you ever accept my relationship with Suho like how we are right now? You'll be okay with the fact that Suho stays around me almost all the time?” Joo Hyun felt like she needed to ask Kyung Soo about that since no matter whom her boyfriend is or which guy that ever wants to enter her life, they should understand her relationship with Suho, who has been protecting her like a guardian angel ever since she was little. No matter whom he is; Suho is not someone that she could ever ignore, even if it means that she has to leave the other guy. Kyung Soo seemed hesitated to answer Joo Hyun’s questions, maybe trying to think the best answer he could give her.

“I can’t promise you that I’ll never be mad, I would sometimes, out of jealousy. But, that only means that I really love you. I mean, a guy who didn’t even feel jealous if another guy is being near to his girlfriend is just as same as he doesn’t really loves his girlfriend. Overall, I’m okay with Suho Hyung being around you for almost all the time and I’m fine with the fact that Suho Hyung will be your priority. I know how important he is in your life, Hyun,”

 

“Then, I guess I should try being a good girlfriend to you too,” Joo Hyun gave Kyung Soo one bright smile. Kyung Soo was still trying to process what Joo Hyun had said to him, cannot believe it himself that Joo Hyun choose him over Yixing. Still can’t believe that Joo Hyun had already become his girlfriend, his one and only one. Finally managed to decipher what Joo Hyun said, he got up from the kneeling position and made Joo Hyun stood in front of him with their hands locked together.

 

“I-Is this for real?” the shocked face with eyes almost popping out that Kyung Soo had made Joo Hyun felt amused, but she tried to stop the laughter from coming out. She looked down for a second before she locked eyes with Kyung Soo once again and slowly nodded while smiling. He immediately pulled Joo Hyun into his arms and hugged her tight. Even though Joo Hyun hesitated at first, but she did hugged him back seconds later.

“Thank you, Joo Hyun. This is the happiest moment ever that I experienced from the moment I live till today and I hope more great things will happen to us in the future too,” he then broke the hug before he bumped his forehead with Joo Hyun’s softly while cupping her face. He gave Joo Hyun a loving smile, the smile that only Joo Hyun could ever see. He then whispered almost seducingly,

“Hyunnie, always be by my side comfortably like this. I love you, Song Joo Hyun, always and will forever do so,” he leaned in and kissed Joo Hyun on the lips softly. 

 

 

-FLASHBACK-

JOO HYUN’S POV

 

It was around 11 in the morning when I decided to text Yixing to sign in his Skype account. It is better to give an answer face-to-face.

 

“Hi Hyun, long time haven’t see your face,” it actually hurts me to see the loving smile that Yixing would always give me, especially when I have to hurt him with my answer.

“Hi Yixing, have you been well?” however, I still flashed him a smile; he’s my friend after all.

“Yes, but I’ll feel better if I can always see your face or get your messages,” I could see the sadness in his eyes when he said that even though he’s been giving me his dimple-smile. But I’m not sure the true reason for that look. Was it because I asked him to stop contacting me? Was it because of what happened in Beijing? I don’t know.

“Y-Yixing, about what you asked last time in Beijing…” I bit my lower lip and fiddled my fingers on my lap, feeling sorry to tell him about it.

“Yes?” I’m sorry, Oppa.

 

“I-I’m sorry, Yixing,” I could see his facial expression changed. “But we can’t be together as a couple again. I’ve been thinking very hard about this in these two weeks, and the more I think about it, the more I feel like we’re not for each other. I’m sorry about the kisses, I was too caught up in the memories that I forgot we actually have ended that relationship between us. I’m sorry, deeply,” I don’t know if he could feel how sorry I am at that time. He looked away from the screen for a few second before he swivelled his chair, leaving me seeing the black coloured back of the chair for a few minutes. I’m not sure why he spun around too. Is he crying? When he did finally face me again, I could see his redden nose and his eyes were watery. I guess he did cry.

 

“Y-Yixing--,” I could only gave him an apologetic look while he raised up his right hand, stopping me from kept talking to him.

“It’s okay; I expected that one coming though. Sorry, I don’t know why I’m crying like this too,” he sniffed once and flashed a small smile to me. “It still hurts after being rejected a few times by you, Hyun. If only I could turn back time, I’ll turn it back to the time we’re still a couple. I should have treated you better--,” I want to interrupt him, but he raised his hand again. “Let me finish talking first, Hyun. Let me say all that I want to say to you,” I slowly nodded at him after a few seconds.

“I should have treated you better back there. I know you hate me saying this to you over and over again, but still, I think I need to keep saying this. I’m sorry for breaking up with you that day. Of all day-- of all day, I hurt you deeply on the day you was already hurt to death. I’m sorry for not being able to see the hurt in your eyes that day, I’m sorry for making you cry and fall sick because of me. I’m sorry for breaking my promises to never hurt you, to never let you cry and to never leave you. I was a jerk to you, I know that,” a few drops of my tears fell down too, hearing what he had said. To be honest, at first, I was deeply mad at him because he broke up with me, and of all day, that day that I even vowed I’ll never forgive him till I die. But as time goes on, I realized, ah, it’s not his fault that Omma and Appa broke up. The only thing that went wrong was that he broke up with me on the same day.

 

“Yixing, please, I hope this is the last time I hear that from your mouth. I don’t want you to keep blaming yourself for what had happened to me back there,” I said softly, almost whispering.  “I’m sorry too, Yixing. I let you get your hopes high and make it fall again and again. I’m sorry for being selfish. I know you still like me, but I acted as if I don’t know that and keep being close to you as if there’s nothing. I know I’m selfish, but I really want you to keep being my friend, my Oppa, my protector just like before. Is that too much to ask for?” I gave him a pleading look; I want him to know that I’m serious about that.

 

“What if-- what if I got my hopes high once again? What if I keep trying to make you mine again? Will there be a chance that you will accept me?” I looked down onto the keyboard for a second, thinking what I should answer him.

 

Should I tell him about Kyung Soo? What would he react?

 

 

“Yixing, to be honest, I-I--“ I took a deep breath once before continuing, “I like Kyung Soo,” I locked eyes with Yixing and I could clearly see there are changes in his face expression. “I don’t know since when did I fall for him, but what I know and sure for now, my feeling for him is stronger than what I felt for you back there. He confessed to me last week, and I can’t explain what I feel at that time,” I bit my lower lip and locked eyes with Yixing, clearly saw that there was a glint of hurt and sadness in his eyes.

 

Song Joo Hyun, you shouldn’t have ask Oppa to keep being by your side, it would hurts him more. Song Joo Hyun, you’re the jerk one here, you’re just too selfish. Too selfish, Song Joo Hyun.

 

The words that I said to myself felt like it was stabbing my heart severely. I actually knew it is impossible to keep him even just as a friend, but I can’t let myself to let him go too. Am I ready if Oppa says he doesn’t want to have anything to do with me anymore?

 

“You like Kyung Soo?” I could see he was hurt at the way he smirked while looking away from the screen. “I should have known it; he has always been by your side. I-I’m sorry, Hyun. This news is just too much for me to handle right now,” he covered his face with his palms and let out a sigh. Oppa…

 

“I’m sorry Hyun. This time, I’m not sure whether we can be friends like before again or not. This-- I had never expected this one coming too. And I’m pretty sure Kyung Soo won’t like having me near to you either. I’m sorry Hyun,” I could feel my vision turns blurry as the tears started to fill my eyes again. I bit my lower lip a bit harder, stopping the tears from falling. The fact that Yixing said that he won’t be able to become closer to me again-- at that time, I don’t know what I exactly felt too. Sad, sorry, disappointed or what else, I’m not sure.

 

“But since you have finally decide about who can make you happier, I’ll try to accept that. It will means nothing if you were to choose me but I can’t see your bright smile as before once again. Don’t worry about me and stay happy, okay?” Yixing’s voice cracked in the middle, as if he said that while resisting himself from crying. “If you can be happy and be the Song Joo Hyun that is always cheerful and brightly smiling as before, I’ll be contented with that,” he could still flashed me a gentle smile despite his facial expression that had been screaming otherwise.

 

“Oppa… I’m sorry for hurting you,”

“Stop saying sorry Hyun. Just promise me you’ll be happy, then only can I let you go. I’ll try to stop loving you, I promise, okay?”

“I-I promise, Yixing. Thank you for accepting my decision. Please stay healthy and don’t overwork. You’ll tire yourself if you do,” I casted him an apologetic look. I always tend to tell him don’t overwork because every time he’s feeling down or things aren’t going well, he keeps tiring himself whether with works, exercises or even by skipping sleeps.

“Don’t worry. Hyun, I’m sorry, I need to go now. Next time, I’ll contact you. But don’t expect much from me, I’m sorry,” Sigh.

“Okay Op-- Yixing. Take care,” he gave me a small smile before he ended the call. After the call ended, about what I feel--- Did my heart felt lighter? Or did nothing changed? I guess it did felt lighter. Since I had finally able to figure out my own feelings, about the one whom I really like--- or should I use the word love? Maybe.

 

I just hope everything goes well with Kyung Soo too.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

YIXING’S POV

Joo Hyun had finally decided about it. I am hurt, but since it was her decision, I should try accepting that. Nothing in this life can be expected. At one moment, you are best friends with someone, and the next moment, that someone could be someone who hates you the most. If you don’t give some efforts to keep what you already have, you’ll eventually lose it, whether you realize it or not. Sigh.

 

Hyun, you taught me a lot of things, about the value of trust, love, friendship, that I never really appreciate before I know you. Song Joo Hyun; thanks a lot for all those things.

 

I promise to regain my strength soon and become able to chat with you without feeling awkward anymore, I promise.

END OF POV

 

KYUNG SOO’S POV

Thank you, Hyunnie. For choosing me, for believing that I will protect you, for believing that I’ll love you to eternity and for finally opening up again. I’ll try being the best for you. Let’s stay together till death separate us.

 

JOO HYUN’S POV

Thank you for keeping up with my spoilt and bad attitude, Kyung. Thank you for giving me the chance to finally open up for others once again, for taking care of me whether I realize it or not. Let’s stay together till death separate us.

 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Finally, this story comes to its ending :) Zillions of thanks to my readers, silent readers, subscribers, voters and those who made the posters for this story ❤

Thank you for your willingness in spending your precious time to read my fic.

 

I'm sorry for being a bad author. I'm sorry if this story doesn't achieve your expectations. I still lack a lot and can't even be compared with other great authors. Thank you for the comments, it really make my days brighter. Hopefully, everyone will have a happier living. Be contented with what you have now, because you never know when will you lose them. I have things that I regret too, but to share it out loud, I'm not that strong. I'll just keep it to myself.

 

Once again, thank you sweeties  ❤

 

Lots of love,

YongNa