Chapter 44

Life is unexpected

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I hope you guys still remember this colour means that the conversation is in Mandarin :) So, I guess you know who's the character coming in this chapter x)

 


 

“Listen carefully to what I’m going to say, hm? I will never ever leave you, not now, not later. You already know you’re the most important person in my life after my parents and that fact will never change. But, okay listen, but, if having me near you will somehow ruins your relationship with your boyfriend-to-be, at that time, I have no choice but to le---,”

“NO, NEVER. You can’t leave me, no matter what,” she quickly released Suho from her embrace and stared at Suho in the eyes coldly. She really hates to hear the word ‘leave’ from Suho’s mouth. She’s afraid that it would really happen if Suho keep on mentioning about that.

“Arasseo, I promise I won’t,” he pulled Joo Hyun into his embrace once again and tapped her back softly.

“No one can make us apart. No one, I swear,” she mumbled in Suho’s embrace. Suho nodded, hearing Joo Hyun’s words. I hope so too.

After that, both them went downstairs to have breakfast which was prepared by Joo Hyun’s mom. Finished eating, Suho went back to his house while Joo Hyun went back to her room to take a bath and continue finished up her homework.

 

I won’t let anyone take you away from me. No one can make us apart. NO ONE. I’ve lost peoples that I love twice and I can’t go through the same thing again. That’s too painful for me.

 

Beep. A message came in.

 

From: Yixing Oppa

To: Hyun

Hyun, sign in your skype. Let’s chat for a while :)

 

Joo Hyun lightly smiled before she switched on her laptop and sign in her skype.

“Hi Yixing,” she waved at Yixing and he replied with the same gesture.

“Am I disturbing you?”

“No you’re not. I’ve just finished up my homework just now,”

“Glad to hear that. So, how are you doing lately?” Yixing crossed his arms and placed it onto the table.

“Like usual,” she shrugged her shoulders. “Still healthy as always, you?”

“Same here. Don’t you miss me? I miss you a lot,” there’s a hint of sadness in his voice.

“Yixing--,”

“Heyy, I’m just saying that, okay? No other meanings. I miss you, my best buddy,” Joo Hyun weakly smiled back.

“I miss you too--- Yixing,” she hesitated for a while, not sure whether to call him Yixing or Oppa.

“H-Hyun, a-actually I’ve got something to tell you,” he was actually nervous and afraid to tell Joo Hyun about that. He’s afraid Joo Hyun might get mad at him and doesn’t want to talk to him anymore, but, despite that, he believes that Joo Hyun should know about it.

“What?”

“But first, promise me you won’t get mad at me, no matter what I’m going to say later. Okay? Promise me first,” he frowned a bit while biting his lower lip. This doesn’t sound good. Is he going to say he still loves me? What should I say to him if he says so?

“O-Okay, I promise I won’t,” Yixing then took a deep breath while closing his eyes momentarily before he looked into Joo Hyun’s eyes once again.

“I-I met your father last week, at the park near your old neighbourhood before you moved to Korea,” she had never imagined that was the thing Yixing’s going to tell her. She froze and stared at the screen blankly – still trying to decipher what Yixing had told her.

“Hyun! Hyun! Hyun!” Yixing constantly snapped his fingers while calling out for Joo Hyun until she finally stopped dozing off.

“Are you okay?” Yixing asked worriedly.

“Y-Yes, I’m fine. What was he doing there? And what were you doing there too?” she remained the blank look on her face as she asked.

“I was on my way going home from the music class that I’ve just attend since last two week near your old neighbourhood. W-Well, he’s looking for you, auntie and Dae Hyun,”

“Looking for us? For what? He hurt us enough,” he could see the anger inside Joo Hyun’s eyes. Hatred-- might be there too.

“Hyun…. He missed all of you--,”

“To the hell with that! I don’t believe it. Missed us? He hurt my mom, my brother. He hurt me, Oppa. And what? He missed us? Hell yeah,” she crossed her arms against her chest and looked away from the screen – staring the floor. Yixing silently sighed at Joo Hyun’s reaction.

“Do you hate your father, Hyun?” she still refused to look at Yixing and kept staring at the foor.

“Hyun? Heyy, tell me what’s inside your mind and heart, okay? I’m here for you, remember? Sweety, look here,” she reluctantly turned her head and faced Yixing again. Yixing know it’s hard for Joo Hyun to accept what her father said. He was also one of the reasons Joo Hyun being cold-hearted and harsh like that.

“He told right in front of my mother and me that he doesn’t love my mom anymore and can’t live with her presence. And now what, he missed us? What? Did he regret saying that he doesn’t love my mom anymore? He regretted asking for a divorce? Or did his new wife found another guy?” instead of sad, she felt angry at her father that she even raised her voice.

 

Doesn’t love my mom anymore?

 

Dae Hyun was outside her room and accidentally heard Joo Hyun’s voice that was a bit tensed. He decided to eavesdrop her sister’s conversation by slightly opened the door of her sister’s bedroom without his sister’s knowing.

“Hyun, no matter what he’s still your father. Deep there in his heart, he still loves you, your mother and Dae Hyun. And I know deep inside your heart, you still love him too. Without him, you won’t exist in this world. Don’t you want to meet him again?” Yixing asked her softly. True. What Yixing said was true indeed. She won’t exist without her father. If only Joo Hyun was in front of him, he wants to hug Joo Hyun tightly and tell her everything’s going to be okay.

“He didn’t ask for all of you to return to him, all that he wanted was just a brief meeting with the three of you. He knew he was wrong, he also knew time can’t be returned and things can’t be redone. Can’t you go and meet with him just for a while? Settle down all the misunderstanding and I’m sure all of you will have a happier living,” Joo Hyun then buried her face in between her arms that was folded on the table.

“I don’t know Oppa. I can’t think rightly, right now. I missed Appa, but every time the memories of that day strike me again, I just can’t help but to feel angry at him. What he did was just too much,” she raised up her head again. “He hurt Omma deeply that day,”

“Noona…,” Dae Hyun trailed off while pushing the door to open wider.

“D-Dae Hyun-ah, what are you doing here?” she was absolutely shocked to see Dae Hyun. Dae Hyun entered the room and walked towards his sister.

“Hi Ge,”

“Hi Dae Hyun,”

“How long have you been outside?”

“Since you raised your voice. Noona, can’t we meet Appa? I miss him, I really do,” Dae Hyun looked down onto his lap while Joo Hyun looked at Yixing – not sure what to do.

“Your dad didn’t know you guys moved to Korea, I didn’t tell him yet because I’m afraid something bad will happen. Hyun,” Dae Hyun looked up and fixed his gaze at Yixing too.

“Tell your mom and discuss about it, okay? If your mom agrees to meet him, tell me about it. Just talk about it slowly, I know your mom will let you guys meet him,” she weakly nodded at Yixing where he replied it with a warm smile. Joo Hyun’s heart is never cold, I knew it. She’s just hurting too much.

“Ge? Thank you for telling us this,” Dae Hyun thanked Yixing and he replied with a small nod and a light smile.

“Thank you, Oppa. I’ll contact you again later. Take care and don’t over work,”

“Okay. Take care too. Don’t hesitate to tell me your problems. Good night Hyun,” he waved and smiled warmly – making his dimple visible.

“Good night too,” after she turned off the call, she swivelled her chair and faced Dae Hyun who’s been sitting at the edge of her bed.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE - AGAIN

Sigh. I'm sure you guys heard about Kris already.. I'm sad, truely. I even dreamt about exo yesterday and what was the most heartbreaking is that, i did ask Kris to be strong and he whispered to me, saying that, 'I'm trying but the relationship with exo and exo-m members will never be the same anymore..' the dream felt so real and i could see tears in Kris' eyes that time. I hope all this ends quickly and good news will reach us. Hopefully.

Kris Oppa, be strong! 엑소 we are one! 엑소 사랑하자! 

 

By the way, sorry for not updating sooner //bows//